It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Albuquerque

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Of course they shouldn't, weapons in the hands of the mentally ill are a significant danger to others.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

And what about schizophrenics who havent hurt anyone or committed crimes?

Should they have guns?

If they are not insane to the point of being institutionalized and have never displayed any violent tendencies then yes they have the right to bear arms. Not everyone that has need of psychiatric care is insane. I think being schizophrenic though one would be hard pressed to prove they are not or have never been violent.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Being that hallucinations and delusions are constituent to schizophrenia, I would consider it a dangerous proposition.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissy princess

Being that hallucinations and delusions are constituent to schizophrenia, I would consider it a dangerous proposition.

yeah I realized what I was saying, hence my edit. I picked out the word schizophrenia after posting. My point was that not everyone that has seen a psychiatrist is invalidated, as PTSD and women that are the victims of abuse should not be denied gun rights.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Agreed. Well fellas I had fun playing but I must get on with the day.

Iknowstuff, I had a pleasant time with you today, I'll catch up with you later on and you can help me to piece together your argument and we'll see if we can make it functional. Don't be shy, Hon!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
I hear tell the kid got his guns from auctions like this. 100% no checks required shipped straight to your door.

Anyone want a full auto UZI?
www.gunbroker.com...

edit on 20-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

You sir are completely incorrect.

"Firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer (FFL Holder) - If you are not a licensed dealer, you must make arrangements with a dealer in your state to receive the firearm and transfer it to you. We maintain a list of transfer dealers willing to do transfers."

"You do not have to be a licensed dealer to buy a firearm. If you are not a licensed firearm dealer (also called an FFL Holder), you must make arrangements with an FFL Holder in your state to receive the item and transfer it to you. Virtually anyone who is involved in the sale or distribution of firearms is an FFL Holder, including gun shops. You must make arrangements with your FFL Holder before placing a bid on an item. By contacting the FFL Holder before bidding, the buyer can verify that all state and federal laws will be observed. For most firearms, the buyer must be able to pass a background check."

No firearm may be shipped to your door. And You still must abide the gun laws and checks in the state the gun is shipped.
edit on 21-1-2013 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm amazed at the lack of empathy for the loss of human lives in this thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Update from the local news.

According to court documents, Nehemiah Griego told deputies the shootings happened because he had "anger issues" and "was annoyed with'' his mother.Griego said he had been having homicidal and suicidal thoughts, and so around midnight on Saturday, he got a .22 caliber rifle from his parents closet and shot his mother in the head, killing her.

Officers said Griego told them he then reloaded the weapons so he could drive to a populated area to murder more people

He also told police he took a picture of his dead mother and sent it to his girlfriend.

WTF? This kid has serious problems.

Photos of suspect.

complete story from the suspect

Court documents. There are more documents from the court under the article I linked.

Everyone here should read these court documents, This is the personal account of the killer. It's chilling. He stated in the documents that he wanted to be killed in an exchange of gun fire with the police.

Maybe we can all gain some insight into these killings from the 15 year old. He is still living unlike the other killers.

Now the question begs. What ssri drugs was this kid taking? Was he under professional care?

This mass murder will bring big pharma front and center, at least I hope it does.
edit on 21-1-2013 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Oh mr holier than thou you refused to address a real discussion regarding violence. Refused. You have yet to engage in a meaningful conversation therefore the conversation will naturally devolve to the lowest common denominator. In his case. That is you.
I have set up no straw man nor have gun advocates stated I have done so. More of your lies.

So. Since you will not engage in honest debate and instead wi just make smartassed comments the thread is mostly useless. Like watching a wwf match. All show. No substance.

Btw. You work the night shift or something? You say you are in Australia but you post during US hours? That would mean you were up all night posting to this thread.

Or perhaps you are not even in Australia. Or perhaps you are not even Australian to begin with.

Hmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So these people owned guns to protect themselves (just like all pro-gun people are so proud to proclaim).

And yet it was their very guns that ended up killing them.

Ironic, people living in fear and paranoia needing guns to defend themselves being killed by those very same guns.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What medications he was on will not be known. Also the County Youth and Families released a statement stating that they cannot release confidential records regarding abuse or neglect. His father had 10 children so I am sure that the son did not get his father's undevided attention, but is that enough to drive a person to murder there entire family? I am almost certain that medication had a part of it.
By the way, this should be a reminder to all of those that do have firearms in your home. Keep them locked up. I am all for keeping firearms for personal defense and the many other reasons that many of us own firearms. It should be common sense though that if you are not in possesion of your weapon, it should be locked up. Trigger locks are cheap, a gun safe even better though.
edit on 21-1-2013 by borracho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Lucky that kids family had a gun in the house or else who knows what could have happened

Im willing to bet not only that the kid got the gun from his parents and that they passed every test and the guns were purchased legally.
But its OK, guns everywhere is perfectly safe
you missed it , it turns out he ran them over with a car , & it was licenced (facepalm)
edit on 21-1-2013 by blackz28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Sorry, but I can't let that one go. There is nothing paranoid about owning a firearm for self defense? Do you have a security system? Is that not paranoid? Why cook your meat, are you paranoid that you'll get sick if you don't? Doing or owning something (that is completely normal and acceptable) for the instance that you might need it isn't paranoia, it's called being prepared. That's like calling someone paranoid because they have more than a week's worth of food in their home. Seriously, think before you post. When you post things like this, you only make yourself look ignorant or elitist.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Greg Griego, the slain pastor, was an ex-convict. I have not been able to find any information on what his convictions were, or whether he served time in prison. From my understanding, ex-convicts are not supposed to have firearms. Now if his convictions were misdemeanors, then that would not apply. It is not common for someone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor to refer to themselves as ex-cons.
I have also been told by people that knew the pastor, that he had housed felons in his barn calling it a rehab and drawing money form the state. The barn was not heated and not meant for human habitation. That information is not confrimed at this time, but I figure ATS'ers will want to know as much as possible.
In case anyone wants to know how I am getting this information. I live in Albuquerque and grew up in the south valley. I know alot of people in the area.
edit on 22-1-2013 by borracho because: Additional information

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Mass shooting?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArnoldNonymous
Mass shooting?

I think 4 or more victims constitutes a mass shooting, typically taking place in one location over a short period of time.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
look into Jean Delay in wikipedia great read.
edit on 22-1-2013 by morf991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Lucky that kids family had a gun in the house or else who knows what could have happened

Im willing to bet not only that the kid got the gun from his parents and that they passed every test and the guns were purchased legally.

Dumb, unresearched, uneducated opinion. Your name does not precede you.

However, if you want to talk facts, I am able and willing.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Dumb, unresearched, uneducated opinion. Your name does not precede you.

However, if you want to talk facts, I am able and willing.

Lima-1, out.

Ummmmmmmmmm.............

OK

It was a guess when posted but it turned out to be true

WTF are you talking about

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Btw. You work the night shift or something? You say you are in Australia but you post during US hours? That would mean you were up all night posting to this thread. Or perhaps you are not even in Australia. Or perhaps you are not even Australian to begin with. Hmmmmmm

Never said I was in Australia

Ive stated many times Im Australian but live in Malaysia,

Work for myself and dont usually start till 2pm so dont normally sleep till about 5-7 am

As for the rest, Spoke to many people on the thread without insults so dont know what your talking about. Happy to debate/discuss with you when you apologise for calling me a troll and also for trolling the thread with completely off topic posts

And add an apology for the fact your a total D*** as well

Edit: sorry, just discovered 4chan and it seems to have had an effect

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join