It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Albuquerque

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AguyAndAgirl

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Then the US would be like every other civilised western country

We all seem to be doing just fine without firearms but then again we all dont live in perpetual fear like some of you seem to

Maybe your fine for now, what If someone decided to home invade you with a pistol? Or start unloading in your direction in the middle of a shopping mall?

Will you grab your pocket knife? Or maybe throw your wallet at him and hope that keeps him away?

He'd have to throw a wallet because Australia has banned just about everything else....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

He'd have to throw a wallet because Australia has banned just about everything else....

And the worst part is.......... the vast majority are happy with it

How sick and backwards must a society be if they dont all want to own guns, gosh the criminals must be everywhere, the government must have an annual round up and select the most beautiful virgins for their harems.

Yes Australia must be a twisted and disgusting place, who in their right mind would want to live in a place with so few weapons

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

70% of firearms used in crime come from legal purchasers and have either been stolen of bought for the person

Where did this magical statistic come from?

I did a quick google search and came up with a few links for stats but none that mirror yours.
www.pbs.org...
www.ncjrs.gov...
www.buyagunday.net...
www.gunfacts.info...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

And the worst part is.......... the vast majority are happy with it

How sick and backwards must a society be if they dont all want to own guns, gosh the criminals must be everywhere, the government must have an annual round up and select the most beautiful virgins for their harems.

Yes Australia must be a twisted and disgusting place, who in their right mind would want to live in a place with so few weapons

It currently works for you, your country is an island nation. I am happy for you and all your countrymen. There will come a time maybe in your lifetime, maybe not, where your government will turn on you and your countrymen. Despite the arrogance that is showed oh so often, by people who do not live here I would still feel sorry for an unarmed populace ground under the boot heel of a government that shows no mercy in it's ruthlessness to stamp out a peaceful protest (for they would have no other way to fight back). Sorry, but that is not a life I would choose to live, no matter the consequences.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Stupidest argument ever

What? That everyone needs to be punished for the craziness of the few?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So apparently...5 people is considering a "mass"...dang...Nevermind it was just a family sitting at home...minding their own business. Maybe the preacher molested said boy, so boy wanted revenge...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Wow Piers Morgan is ON TOP of his agenda isn't he...

NY POST
edit on 20-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

Yeah and he had knowledge before it even happened.Nudge, nudge , wink, wink.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That he kills people is more relevant than what with. If he really is that heartless that he would actually murder people, then any method would suffice. Preferably the easiest of course. Like knocking them out with a baseball bat as they sleep and then setting the house on fire.

Once guns are "removed" from legal gun holders, the increase in bat murders and arson murders will make you call for a ban on baseball and matches too, huh?
edit on 20-1-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Once again guns serve no purpose other than to kill, how is banning them a bad thing, I agree if people really want to they will kill but it doesnt mean we should make it easy for them.

Or harder for people to defend themselves. You would victimize innocent people in order to protect who exactly... the criminal?

Besides that you can't exclusively "ban" anything, limiting peoples right to self defense is like declaring open season on ordinary people. Take Sandy hook for instance. The nut case didn't attack a police station, where he was sure to encounter lots of "guns", he chose an elementary school where he was sure there would be none. Same with the movie theatre. An outright ban would make it even more easier for heartless killers to be sure there are no guns to resist their intentions to rob, rape and murder.

You're solution makes it easier for the criminal to have their way, not harder.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taliesien333

70% of firearms used in crime come from legal purchasers and have either been stolen of bought for the person

Where did this magical statistic come from?

I did a quick google search and came up with a few links for stats but none that mirror yours.
www.pbs.org...
www.ncjrs.gov...
www.buyagunday.net...
www.gunfacts.info...

The stat was supplied by a pro gunner in another thread, the sources you gave seem remarkably similar, either stolen, straw purchaser or corrupt dealers

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Piers Morgan is assaulting us with his flatulence.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
From the local news.

Officers say Nehemiah Griego told someone about the crime and they called 911.

krqe nm

There are still many unanswered questions about Nehemiah Griego including where deputies believe he got the weapons used in the quintuple murder and what his motive may have been.

dating profile mentioned
krqe nm

There is more , working on it.

He has a dating professional someplace.

News 13 also found an online dating profile for Nehemiah Griego with a photo neighbors confirm show the teen. That photo shows Griego in military fatigues. A small child appears in the background.
Photos
photos from krqe

From kob tv

The Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputies found a gruesome scene inside."I've been to homicide scenes, i've never seen a scene quite like this," said Lt. Shureke Covington

video

So far from the local news. kid was 15 had a dating profile, always wore camouflage, and was a loner, he was also home schooled. Father was a pastor and had been on leave, but still actively in the church.
edit on 21-1-2013 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Just seen this on Piers Morgan's twitter:

twitter.com...

BREAKING NEWS: Mass shooting in Albuquerque - teenager kills 5 people incl 3 children. Assault rifle among weapons used.

Done a Google search but couldn't see anything up yet.

UPDATE:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-1-2013 by roughycannon because: Added new link

Are you saying that PM broke this story? Suspicious... maybe.... or maybe he is digging up every article where someone is killed by a gun so he can push his red coat agenda. Deport Piers Morgan! He is a criminal in the UK don't fool yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Thanks for the links. So he was a quiet kid that wore camo a lot? That's odd, I'll be glad when more is posted. I've always wondered what would drive somebody to kill their entire family.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

The camo was mentioned from neighbors , some neighbors mentioned that they were scared of him. This story is being charged and updated by the local media. The south valley is a tough part of albuquerque, but it has been changing in the past few years with more larger homes and better neighborhoods. This home is in one of the better parts of the South valley of all albuquerque. This kind of family mass killing has not happened In albuquerque before. There have been crime related killings in the past but not families. The tv news mentioned that there were multi weapons at the scene. I find hard to believe the father had any weapons at all. He was a pastor at a church, i've also met the father a few years ago. Not the type to have any firearms. This is why the police and firefighters are wondering where they came from. The father also worked with the local police and fire department here as a counselor and pastor. the police and fire depth, know this man personally and will get to the bottom of this, they will not be persuaded by no one, and conduct a proper investigation. I'm sure the PD told the media to f__ off, because the crime scene is locked tight. Only because the story's are getting twisted by the media again.

Mr Morgan of CNN better keep his distance from this crime scene, I know the sheriff will throw that man in jail.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
Can we quit with calling them "military-style" assault weapons? It's a farce. Military weapons are fully automatic. Someone on here or Yahoo or something made a comment defining exactly what an "assault" weapon is and apparently, semi autos don't fit the bill.

exactly ..

even a revolver is 'semi-auto' .. LOL .. so much for logic and understanding ..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Press conference
video

Here is the YouTube link below.

conference

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Mod, or OP.

This topic should be moved to alternative Breaking News. Or Other Current Events. This is not a Off Topic Discussion. It is current breaking news,but not off topic.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a british foreign agent....causing dissent among the american populace!! isnt that a crime?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Thanks for the info. Like I said, I'll be waiting for more, as It's much too early to assume anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join