It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Albuquerque

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

no one one gun broker(or any other reputable online gun site) ships guns to doors unless they are curios and relics and they have a permit for them,or are black powder fire arms,every single fire arm that is ordered off line is shipped to a local gun dealer where they perform the background check and then you only get your weapon after passing it stop spreading propaganda and lies

and to address your fully automatic Uzi comment yeah they can sell them but to get those the process is the same as buying any gun online with extra steps as it is a class three weapon so you pick it out they ship it to your local gun dealer(ffl w class 3 endorsement) then you do the federal background check process via the fbi and then have to be approved by the local law enforcement(sheriff or chief of police) then you wait 4-9 months some times more then if you pass all of that you pay a 200$ tax stamp and once that is acquired then and only then do you get your gun.

the item in your link is a gun parts kit and would require machine tools as well as did you see the price 1100 and the bidding is not over yet so you really think the average criminal is gonna waste that kind of money on a weapon that dosent even work when they get it and requires a bunch of work to get in to firing order when most criminals use what are refereed to as throw away pieces as with all the tracking of guns that goes on they either use the gun once and toss it(if they are a competent criminal) and they dont wanna drop that cash on a parts kit when they can just get an illegal gun off the street for half the price just cuz its hot
edit on 20-1-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I wonder why this kid didn't use a knife or a fork instead of the rifle?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

It was a 15 year old kid!!!!!!!!!
Where the firetruck would he have gotten access to a gun?

It appears he wasnt a home invader but a member of the family
(Just saw that in another thread)

If this is the case it completely invalidates everything you just said.

But on the slim to none chance this kid didnt know the family, the reason he had a gun was becasuse people like you want them available to buy for any tom dick and harry.
Sure theres checks to make sure the buyer isnt crazy, but what about their friends, family or even the crack head who breaks in and finds it.

How can you all be so dense as to not see that the reason you have so many senseless shootings like this one is due to your weak ass gun laws!!!!!!
Even after your families got shot down by some psycho teen in a mall I bet youd still all be calling for more guns.

I swear to god owning a gun must make you lose at least 30 IQ points

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

They said the assault weapon was nearby but not necessarily the weapon used. So, why didn't he use the assault weapon? Although a better question is, why would he do it at all?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules

Originally posted by muse7

They said the assault weapon was nearby but not necessarily the weapon used. So, why didn't he use the assault weapon? Although a better question is, why would he do it at all?

A fork, a knife, chair, night light, shoe, golf club, all of those are easier to handle than a gun for a 15 year old kid. So why did he use the gun instead?
edit on 1/20/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AguyAndAgirl

Maybe your fine for now, what If someone decided to home invade you with a pistol? Or start unloading in your direction in the middle of a shopping mall? Will you grab your pocket knife? Or maybe throw your wallet at him and hope that keeps him away?

Well for starters the chances of that happening are bugger all, guns arent a way of life where I live.
Hell they even confiscated a weapons cache belonging to some doomsday cult a few weeks ago, in 2 trailer loads of weapons guess how many guns there were?

3!!!!!!!!
Yep 3 guns and all of em fake.
Not likely to be home invaded with a pistol but for the sake of argument lets say Im unlucky enough to be home invaded by guys with knives or bats. Not sure what Id do, probabaly whatever they wanted LOL

My turn for a question

Are you happy that people like you who keep guns "just in case" are responsible for most of the guns that are used in senseless massacres?

Usually the parents are the legal owners of the weapons used.

I can guarantee you the amount of home invasions stopped by a firearm is tiny compared to the number of deaths caused by them.

I was pretty much going to ignore you but based solely on your first reply to me.
According to you I have alot of dumb stuff to say on this topic, OK fine.

Just checked your post history and it appears you have dumb stuff to say on almost every topic, in fact you have dumb stuff to say even off topic in threads. you win

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

My turn for a question

Are you happy that people like you who keep guns "just in case" are responsible for most of the guns that are used in senseless massacres?

Usually the parents are the legal owners of the weapons used.

I don't own any guns... I wish I owned many of them though.

And the only people responsible for a senseless massacre are the ones who did not lock their guns up properly, or the maniac who pulled the trigger.

Why do you think every citizen who can legally carry will try to massacre innocent civilians? Or their family/friends will take their weapon and do so? No one lives with my girlfriend and I and we rarely have visitors... on top of that I would have a gun safe like you are required to have by law in the state I live in.

Open your eyes. It's just the start of some big sick plan...

edit on 20-1-2013 by AguyAndAgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
this is getting really ridiculous, what's TPTB and mainstream media is up to?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by SpaDe_
No official details yet known, and we have the rabid Piers Morgan already tweeting that there was an "assault weapon" used in this home invasion, then has to call it a mass shooting. No agenda to see here people move along......

Piers Morgan *IS* an assault weapon.

He's assaulting the good sense and common decency of our nation on a regular schedule.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Why do you think every citizen who can legally carry will try to massacre innocent civilians? Or their family/friends will take their weapon and do so? No one lives with my girlfriend and I and we rarely have visitors... on top of that I would have a gun safe like you are required to have by law in the state I live in.

Show me one post Ive done that comes even remotely close to implying I think all gun carrying citizens are capable of murder?
Ill save ya some time before you check my post history, there are none because I dont think anything like that.

70% of guns in the hands of crims were once legal and were either stolen or purchased for them, on top of that all these teenagers shooting people up got the guns from family.

So you get your gun, you and the MRS are on the couch watching TV and next thing you know an intruder has gotten in and is pointing a gun at you. What good is the gun in your safe gonna do?
For guns to be even close to effective for what you gun nuts love to claim you would need to walk around with it in hand, cocked and loaded. Not terribly prectical now is it

Open your eyes. It's just the start of some big sick plan...

A sick plan to stop the 11,000 gun deaths in the US every year

Those sick, twisted evil insidious bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you dont own a gun why the firetruck do you even care????

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Maybe you should see the auction I linked? It would require a mig welder and about ten minutes. Kits without the neatly cut receiver cost only $200-$300 bucks? Why is that genius?

Anyone felon, gang banger mass murder could have a Full Auto Uzi with no paper work whatsoever! But the evil AR-15's must be taken from the law abiding citizens. I mean what criminal knows how to use welder anyhow!

Is $1,100 bucks really alot of money to you? Thats like a half a day slingin rock!
edit on 20-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is getting a bit to obvious and agenda oriented to take seriously anymore. Not that these crimes happen but that the media even care...

They used to at least WAIT a few hours before pushing their agendas....now the agenda is in the breaking news headlines...They couldn't be more obvious and apparently desperate. They can't even WAIT to start their clamoring anymore...

I can see their little eyes light up with excitement with every shooting as they revel in the idea they get to try and "prove another point" and start their campaign all over again.

Its sickening...
edit on 20-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, there's right hard laws here, you can hardly even own a decent air rifle. The limit is capped at 475/fps!! But regardless, gun killings are all over, even in remote little areas like where I am! So when some one comes through with a gun, robs a bank, takes a rant in a mall, or comes in my house, am I supposed to shoot his eye out with my Red Rider BB gun? I would gladly have a small pistol in my glove box, one in the garage, and one to carry!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
why does this thread only have 10 flags??

Because it doesn't support the pro-gun argument.

Start a thread about how it was all an elaborate hoax and watch the flags role in....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

There is no argument our liberty is not debatable!

There are millions of semi auto assault rifles in America and ten times that amount exist as demilled parts kits which are in fact full auto machine guns etc.. The last assault rifle ban saw amassive influx as the suppliers who were affected started cutting their guns to meet ATF requirements, and sending in ten times as many to maintain the same profit margins. Most 80%+ came in country with full auto fire control components. Where there is a market you will have a supply be it black or regulated!

You do not realize just how well armed the American populous is. The American people constitute the largest armed force in the world! If I were on the gun control side of the issue I think I would tread pretty lightly!

Debate about the 2nd is not a debate at all! It is a call to arms! A standing army we are not, but a milion non conventional folks would have the same effect! If 90% of Americans gun owners were magically gone overnight we would still outnumber the US armed forces!

Tucked into the last defense authorization bill was a law allowing for the use of Propaganda and Disinformation on American Citizens.

New Bill Legalizes Government Propaganda and Disinformation on American Citizens
vigilantcitizen.com...

Our government sponsors the death of hundreds if not thousands of children in Syria today. Kills children and other innocents with drones daily. Sponsored the killing of hundreds of thousands in Iraq and beyond (Some say one million+ in Iraq alone!). Kills Americans without trial or any type of due process.

White House wins fight to keep assassinations of Americans secret.
rt.com...

The Patriot Acts, the FISA domestic spy bill, the bailouts of corrupt international banks, attempts at CISPA and SOPA, actions like the NDAA authorizing the treatment of U.S. citizens as “enemy combatants” without rights to due process; all paint a picture so clear only a one-celled amoeba (or your average suburban yuppie) would not see it. You and I, and everyone else for that matter, have been designated potential targets of the state.

An armed population is a threat! Plain and simple!
edit on 20-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

It was a 15 year old kid!!!!!!!!!
Where the firetruck would he have gotten access to a gun?

It appears he wasnt a home invader but a member of the family
(Just saw that in another thread)

If this is the case it completely invalidates everything you just said.

But on the slim to none chance this kid didnt know the family, the reason he had a gun was becasuse people like you want them available to buy for any tom dick and harry.
Sure theres checks to make sure the buyer isnt crazy, but what about their friends, family or even the crack head who breaks in and finds it.

How can you all be so dense as to not see that the reason you have so many senseless shootings like this one is due to your weak ass gun laws!!!!!!
Even after your families got shot down by some psycho teen in a mall I bet youd still all be calling for more guns.

I swear to god owning a gun must make you lose at least 30 IQ points

Here we go with the assumptions and baseless insults. Learn to debate a topic without falling back on childish things.

1. Where did he get the guns? Truth is no one knows yet. He could have gotten them from an improperly secured location, or he could have purchased them off the street. to the best of my knowledge a teenager is not legally allowed to purchase a gun, which would mean that he obtained these guns illegally.

2. At what point did i advocate being able to buy guns from any tom dick and harry? No matter which way you spin it, guns CAN be purchased illegally off the street without any background checks or regulations. This will always be the case no matter what laws any given government passes. I personally am all for background checks and requirements for training and responsible use and storage, but again this will only apply to those that abide the law. There is nothing that can be done about all illegally obtained guns until that gun is discovered by law enforcement.

3. The main point of my post, and the point you seem to be missing is that criminals do no follow laws. Making a law banning guns will not magically remove all guns from society. It will only remove guns from those that abide the law.

4. Please refrain from calling others stupid, or less intelligent when they dont agree with your viewpoint, it in fact works in the opposite way as you intend.

Again, find a way to magically remove ALL guns from existence and i will be your strongest supporter, until then i will remain in reality.

DC
edit on 1/20/2013 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yet where are the militia of common citizens banding together with their second amendment to fight the domestic terrorists who seem to be taking opportune timing to go out and commit crazy shootings. Why are there no gun owners preventing these crimes? You say without guns, the shootings get worse. But no one's stopping them from what I can see.

Your either an idiot or not looking at this properly,
Obviously its not just more guns, its more people with guns we need!!!!!
Teachers need to start carrying guns,
Nurses need to start carrying guns,
Firemen need to start carrying guns,

Only when everyone has a gun can we be truly safe

OKAY maybe 7-8 guns per person then well be safe
And maybe an attack helicopter
But after the 10 guns, the helicopter and the small ICBM for every man woman and child then well be safe.

Theres 288 Million guns in the US now, if we can increase this number to 550 million we predict gun deaths will halve, there will not be anymore school shootings, crime will drop to practically non existent levels and the fairies will come back from extinction to polish all the flower petals

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Since I hope everyone gets some of the possibilities about what occurred, and of course we really never get to be certain on who's invovled, but if they're using Devil's Breath or anything derived or artificially created on this, no one used to do the killings would be guilty of anything, for they have no ability to excercise free will and simply do what they are told or is suggested, and then forget! Only the ones planning it out and doing to others and creating victims who can murder others are guilty.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use of that drug would explain this picture.

www.hangthebankers.com...

Holmes drugged out of his tree, and his oddly dyed red hair, his online weird posts, the reported strange behaviors he suddenly had the last bit before the events, and in the end it still doesnt make him the actual "tool" or killer. Just the officially used one.

But if they used Devil's Breath, even if he was the killer, he would have zero karma, or culpability. They who arranged this would have 1000% underscored to infinity and beyond.

So if they're reading this, listen up you pyscho's, you arent' winning souls. You will face cosmic justice, repent, and ask for amnesty and turn over all the hidden stuff to the people and step down. Thats my message to them. They win nothing, they alone carry the guilt. When they cross over, what they've done to others will be assualting them, they're going through it over and over again, for a very long time. So I suggest you stop right now.

Like I said, I have no idea who did the crimes, if its the teen or if its a hit man behind the scenes, believe they're set up, and think they use these drugs.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Here we go with the assumptions and baseless insults. Learn to debate a topic without falling back on childish things.

Sincere apologies if I came across as rude, its not meant to be malicious, its just my frustration shining through LOL

1. Where did he get the guns? Truth is no one knows yet. He could have gotten them from an improperly secured location, or he could have purchased them off the street. to the best of my knowledge a teenager is not legally allowed to purchase a gun, which would mean that he obtained these guns illegally.

He could have gotten them from the easter bunny but Im willing to bet my $500 Oz against your $10 US he got them from a family member. Now unless your just being facetious and you actually expect that the guns came from the parents 50-1 odds have gotta be pretty good. Im happy to put the money in the care of a mod till we can find out difinitively

2. At what point did i advocate being able to buy guns from any tom dick and harry? No matter which way you spin it, guns CAN be purchased illegally off the street without any background checks or regulations. This will always be the case no matter what laws any given government passes. I personally am all for background checks and requirements for training and responsible use and storage, but again this will only apply to those that abide the law. There is nothing that can be done about all illegally obtained guns until that gun is discovered by law enforcement.

Heres an idea, how about making the guns harder for the crims to get in the first place. 70% of firearms used in crime come from legal purchasers and have either been stolen of bought for the person. Also heaps of guns are stolen in transit to places they would have been sold legally. Gun crime and death is such a problem in the US because they are everywhere and there is very little taboo on handling one

3. The main point of my post, and the point you seem to be missing is that criminals do no follow laws. Making a law banning guns will not magically remove all guns from society. It will only remove guns from those that abide the law.

I get your point, like I got the 200 times Ive heard it before, lets see if you get my point.
All countries have criminals with guns, we agree nothing can be done. What all countries dont have is teenagers regularly going around killing multiple people in schools, malls, home!!!
Banning guns will make it much harder for the average crim t and will make it virtually impossible for teenagers to get them.

4. Please refrain from calling others stupid, or less intelligent when they dont agree with your viewpoint, it in fact works in the opposite way as you intend.

Once again if I offended sincere apologies, sometimes I forget there is the occasional gun nut like yourself who isnt rude
Trust me I take a hell of alot more than I give in the rudeness catergory when discussing gun issues LOL

Again, find a way to magically remove ALL guns from existence and i will be your strongest supporter, until then i will remain in reality.

And until gun owners like yourself decide to give them up its never gonna happen and guns and gun deaths everywhere is the reality you choose.
But you and the other 190 million Americans who dont need a gun for hunting keep them JUST IN CASE you need them for a home invasion,
While your sitting there snug and warm with your rifle or AR or whatever just think next time you see these massacres the guns being used most likely came from the closet of a responsible gun owner like yourself

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join