learn more

Mass shooting in Albuquerque

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagitaris

I hear tell that the Saiga 12 Lanza had was an illegally tranfered gun, and was not registered per Conn. rules. If the BATF or state officials had enforced existing law Sandy Hook never would have happened!
edit on 20-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

listen cat lady dont go around saying BS, when you dont know how it was actually obtained. ^ is just ignorance... you dont know how the gun was obtained.

No I dont which is why I asked if anyone wanted to bet with me. So the fact you even bothered to challenge that statement tells me you either misread it or are convinced Im wrong, You got $10? care to take my bet?

AND for the record PEOPLE kill PEOPLE not guns kill people. and if someone wanted someone dead they would find a way. 3D printed gun

So do Monkeys, if they have guns.
Yeah people kill people but people who want to kill alot of people use guns

so imagine living in a world, were guns are apart of the people lives, then its banned......... ok guns are still there but households arent allowed to have them. AND DONT TELL ME THEY JUST DISAPPEAR!....

When you hand them in you watch them get destroyed so you know they dont end up on the black market.

how are people to defend themselves against intruders, animals(mountain lions, bears, rabid dogs).

Intruders= are you guys really that scared that you feel like you NEED a gun in your home for protection?
In Australia or the UK wed call that piss weak little girl type behaviour. Even our little girls must be tougher than you guys considering you guys like to tell us how violent its gotten since gun bans.

Animals= If you live in a rural area and NEED a gun for hunting or culling fine, how many of the 200 Million gun owners fit into that catergory? Not many!!!!!!

the households that used the to protect themselves????? hmmm lets THINK my non existent kids with mental issues on psychotic drugs that would encourage them to kill people, cant shoot me with my own gun yea... please intruders knock before breaking my window and coming in O and you better not have a gun cause its illigal and i will be forced to blow my whistle at you??!!!??!

I honestly cant figure out how you guys get through the day with all the bad men and killers your all so terrified of lurking around. Its amazing your even able to have this conversation and not be frozen in fear at the thoughts of the angry hoards just waiting outside your door to come in and do god only knows what to you.

Most people living outside of the US do just fine without guns, Im sure you would too.

P.S Im a bloke

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've been skimming through the comment section on HuffPost, and many of these people are exemplary of the ignorance behind anti-gun pushers. The comments receiving all the favorites are sarcastic remarks on the NRA, mocking the people killed with things like "I thought guns in the house were supposed to save you.", & illogical cherry picking of the shooting to bolster their own biased point of view.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You say a lot of dumb things about this subject...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't think arguing that because you turn in your gun, and watch it get destroyed, means there is no more guns on the market is a poor way to look at it? Most drugs are illegal, and have been for a very long time. Is there just one drug free neighborhood anywhere? EVERY turned in and confiscated drug is destroyed...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Let's say they take every registered gun... how can they grab all the illegal guns if they have no idea where they are? They can't...

The only people left with guns are going to be the people we can not trust the most, such as the government, police, gangs, cartels etc...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AguyAndAgirl
Let's say they take every registered gun... how can they grab all the illegal guns if they have no idea where they are? They can't...

The only people left with guns are going to be the people we can not trust the most, such as the government, police, gangs, cartels etc...

Then the US would be like every other civilised western country

We all seem to be doing just fine without firearms but then again we all dont live in perpetual fear like some of you seem to

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is what is being reported by KOAT the local news here in Albuquerque.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Two adults and three children were killed in a shooting involving what police said appeared to be an assault rifle in Albuquerque's South Valley on Saturday night. Police said a male juvenile was arrested and charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death. Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies said their investigation began when they were called to the 2800 block of Long Lane Southwest in reference to a possible homicide about 9:15 p.m. Saturday. A man, a woman and three children were found dead at the scene, all of whom had suffered several gunshot wounds, deputies said. Investigators said several weapons appear to have been used in the shooting, including an assault-type rifle. Read more: www.koat.com... Txq

While I think it is sad that these people were murdered, calling it a mass shooting is a bit of a stretch. One of the deceased is a former pastor of Calvary Chapel,Greg Griego.
edit on 20-1-2013 by borracho because: New information.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The local TV station interviewed a neighbor that lives next door to the victims. The father was a fire dept. chaplin and he and his wife had 4 children 2 girls and 2 boys. The police are reporting 2 adults killed and 3 children, 2 girls and 1 boy. It would seem the 15 year old boy is the 4th child and a member of the family.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Then the US would be like every other civilised western country

We all seem to be doing just fine without firearms but then again we all dont live in perpetual fear like some of you seem to

Maybe your fine for now, what If someone decided to home invade you with a pistol? Or start unloading in your direction in the middle of a shopping mall?

Will you grab your pocket knife? Or maybe throw your wallet at him and hope that keeps him away?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

How nice for you to live in a country surrounded by water. I live in southern AZ near the Mexico border where drug cartels operate freely in my State. They carry and use AR15 and AK47. It takes over 30 mins for Police or Border Patrol to respond to a 911 call here. Why don't you take yourself out of your comfort zone and realize that not everyone lives in the same situation as you do.

I don't live in fear because I can defend myself and my family, it's called being prepared and intelligent. IF I had to rely on someone else to protect me, THEN I would live in fear. Are you even capable of understanding this or not?
edit on 20-1-2013 by Carreau because: sp

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5ofineed5aladder

Sooo, Why dont we ban forks? They have potential to cause injury. They are all over my house. I could kill someone right now in my house just as easily, and more brutally with a fork. I could also drive a car into a food stand. I will could probably find a way to kill you, with yourself. So why dont you just not exist its the only plausible way. But you keep using your emotions as a decision as opposed to facts.

Try doing it from 10 feet with a fork.

I can take that fork off you and stick it.. where the sun don't shine.

But from 10 feet away and with a gun, you still get to put one in my skull.

So therefore I too need a gun, to protect me from You and Your gun.

I see the logic.. It's just so bizarre that people fail to see why it's faulty.
edit on 20-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

When they make a fork or car whos sole purpose is to kill people and serves no practical function apart from that Ill be the first one to make a thread about banning it

you've got it wrong.

Guns aren't made to kill people.

They're to make people feel safe.

Without that safety the world crumbles in fear. We need guns to stop the guns.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

LOL

I had to laugh when I read your post, whats the bet the other star you got was from a gun nut who misunderstood what you were saying

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit

Lucky that kids family had a gun in the house or else who knows what could have happened

Im willing to bet not only that the kid got the gun from his parents and that they passed every test and the guns were purchased legally.
But its OK, guns everywhere is perfectly safe

In a country with 88 guns per 100 people, by your logic the entire population of North America should have been shot dead by now. Last time I checked nobody I know has ever been shot... ? Quite a conundrum.

Yet where are the militia of common citizens banding together with their second amendment to fight the domestic terrorists who seem to be taking opportune timing to go out and commit crazy shootings.

Why are there no gun owners preventing these crimes?

You say without guns, the shootings get worse. But no one's stopping them from what I can see.

More guns. That's the answer.

I know when Im programming, if I have a memory leak, I just throw more ram into the pc. No Problemo!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Wow, luckily we live in different countries, I think you want to shoot them through the monitor.

How dare they not agree with yosemite sam.

O.o

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

LOL

You got the gun due to fear, fear that if you didnt have one you would be at a disadvantage.

So how many cartel members have killed or threatened you and your neighbours?
Ill take a stab at this for ya, A big fat 0!!!!!!

They couldnt care less about you and your family provided you dont interfere with their product.

You dont live in fear yet you use the drug cartels as justification for having a gun

Dude your either scared like a little girl or have a gun fetish, which is it?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I would love to be able to make guns disappear from from existence. If there were no guns anywhere in the world, this kid would not have been able to get one and probably would not have killed this family.

Sadly, there is no way to poof guns out of existence. If guns were illegal to own, hold, or even look at, this kid could have found a way to get a hold of some anyways. He obviously has no regard for the law since he decided to murder people. This means he would have had no problem in breaking any gun ban laws in obtaining a firearm.

On the flip side, if the head of this household would have exercised their constitutional right to bear arms, they would have had an opportunity to defend their family from this criminal who broke in to their house and attacked them.

If you can come up with a way to fully erase guns from existence, and make it 100% impossible to obtain one illegally, then i will support your view point.

Until then i will remain in reality where there are bad people who do bad things, and there is a need to defend against situations like this.

DC

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I knew you wouldn't answer my question...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I don't live in fear because I can defend myself and my family, it's called being prepared and intelligent. IF I had to rely on someone else to protect me, THEN I would live in fear. Are you even capable of understanding this or not?

That says it all really, it is about fear.

it's not about the second amendment at all, protecting yourself from tyranny, or hunting.

It's about getting that banger in the face before he nicks your tv.

You worked hard for that tv. By god.

you live in fear, but with your gun, you remove that fear. So your gun is your safety.

ps, Australia is an island. They are usually surrounded by water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join