It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Albuquerque

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jough626

It was probably the family of a former girlfriend that dumped him because he was crazy, so he went there and proved her right.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Sooo, Why dont we ban forks? They have potential to cause injury. They are all over my house. I could kill someone right now in my house just as easily, and more brutally with a fork. I could also drive a car into a food stand. I will could probably find a way to kill you, with yourself. So why dont you just not exist its the only plausible way. But you keep using your emotions as a decision as opposed to facts.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No official details yet known, and we have the rabid Piers Morgan already tweeting that there was an "assault weapon" used in this home invasion, then has to call it a mass shooting. No agenda to see here people move along......

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Can we quit with calling them "military-style" assault weapons? It's a farce. Military weapons are fully automatic. Someone on here or Yahoo or something made a comment defining exactly what an "assault" weapon is and apparently, semi autos don't fit the bill.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
The title is so bombastic, MASS SHOOTING and somehow fails to tell with the same emphasis that is also an HOME INVASION!!!

Your supposed to use the source title when making thread's on here, which I did.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
No official details yet known, and we have the rabid Piers Morgan already tweeting that there was an "assault weapon" used in this home invasion, then has to call it a mass shooting. No agenda to see here people move along......

Piers Morgan *IS* an assault weapon.

He's assaulting the good sense and common decency of our nation on a regular schedule.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

No official details yet known, and we have the rabid Piers Morgan already tweeting that there was an "assault weapon" used in this home invasion, then has to call it a mass shooting.

Its not the first time he made up things...

The guy have been sacked over 'hoax' photos

Editor sacked over 'hoax' photos

And then he unleash several false gun statistics to show how wonderful his British homeland is for its gun banning ways.

Cincy TV News Calls Out Piers Morgan's False Anti-Gun Stats

Piers Morgan is a total MSM whore, how can anyone take this guy seriously ?

Go Piers !

edit on 20/1/2013 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5ofineed5aladder
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Sooo, Why dont we ban forks? They have potential to cause injury. They are all over my house. I could kill someone right now in my house just as easily, and more brutally with a fork. I could also drive a car into a food stand. I will could probably find a way to kill you, with yourself. So why dont you just not exist its the only plausible way. But you keep using your emotions as a decision as opposed to facts.

LOL

Im not emotionally invested at all, all Im feeling is disgust.

When they make a fork or car whos sole purpose is to kill people and serves no practical function apart from that Ill be the first one to make a thread about banning it

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Yep you have the right to have guns everywhere, stories like this are the result of guns in every home and kids not seeing them as taboo.

As for cars, yeah lets ban them and forks and DRs and sticks

Stupidest argument ever

Thank you for underlining my point. It is a stupid argument to ban cars, forks, "DRs", and sticks. Just like I think it's a stupid argument to ban guns. People will find a way to kill others if they intend to do so.

This kid used a weapon he somehow obtained (We don't know yet how.) to kill a family who very well may not have had a gun in their home to defend themselves with.

But if guns were banned this never would have happened, right?
edit on 20-1-2013 by Kevinquisitor because: clarity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Your supposed to use the source title when making thread's on here, which I did.

I have to agree with roughtycannon here, the thread title is misleading...

This come from Perth Now and it's also twisted in the MSM way :

Teen shoots dead two adults and three children inside Albuquerque home

- Look how they put the emphasis on the words childrens and so...
- On the 'Military-type assault rifle' even if they still investigating wether if one was used or not.
- A BIG picture of an 'Military-type assault rifle' ( at least they don't put dead childrens )

Local networks KOB Four and KOAT Seven said police were investigating whether an assault rifle was used in the killing of...

- A big all caps TEENAGE starting the article tiltle....why teenage all in caps...

A TEENAGE boy has fatally shot two adults and three children inside an Albuquerque, New Mexico, home, police say.

The reports of the shooting came days after US President Barack Obama unveiled a series of sweeping measures aimed at addressing gun violence in the wake of last month's school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Look how they try to link what's look like home invasion / murder with Sandy Hook, Why ?

edit on 20/1/2013 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You know why.

We all do.

It will be used as more fodder to fuel the gun control agenda.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I posted this also. Piers Morgan is a LIAR because none of the stories I have read stated that the "assault rifle" was the weapon used. This ass needs to be shut down.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Thank you for underlining my point. It is a stupid argument to ban cars, forks, "DRs", and sticks. Just like I think it's a stupid argument to ban guns. People will find a way to kill others if they intend to do so.

Once again guns serve no purpose other than to kill, how is banning them a bad thing, I agree if people really want to they will kill but it doesnt mean we should make it easy for them.

This kid used a weapon he somehow obtained (We don't know yet how.) to kill a family who very well may not have had a gun in their home to defend themselves with.

He somehow obtained

Ill bet you $10 to my $500 he got it from a relative who was a "responsible" legal gun owner as is the case with most kids who go out shooting people.

But if guns were banned this never would have happened, right?

If they were banned the day before nothing would have changed, if 10-20-30 years ago quite likely it would never have happened. This wasnt some hardened criminal with a pocket full of $100s and a guy who could get him a gun from the blackmarket, it was a kid who would never have even seen a gun if his family hadnt shown it to him Im guessing.

Keep your guns just stop talking complete and utter BS that having them everywhere makes you safer. Just admit you love guns and dont care about the consequences of them being everywhere as long as it doesnt hurt you

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That isn't a "Mass Shooting" 10 or 20 people okay but not 5. Read news about the ghetto of Chicago-why don't you care about those murders? Hmm I know why, but I can't say or I will get points removed. People die all day in the ghetto and you (not exactly you-just saying in general) never pay any attention to it all.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
why does this thread only have 10 flags??

snf

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Lucky that kids family had a gun in the house or else who knows what could have happened

Im willing to bet not only that the kid got the gun from his parents and that they passed every test and the guns were purchased legally.
But its OK, guns everywhere is perfectly safe

In a country with 88 guns per 100 people, by your logic the entire population of North America should have been shot dead by now. Last time I checked nobody I know has ever been shot... ? Quite a conundrum.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Yep, you and your family are OK so guns must be fine

Guns in 88 out of 100 homes doesnt mean every 2nd person is gonna be shot and I never implied that.
What I am saying is guns in 88 out of 100 homes means kids like this one has easy access to them.

Ill ask you a question.

If you could give up all your guns and for every one you did you would save 5 lives would you?
You cant keep any and you would be leaving yourself and family at risk but you know for certain 5 lives will be saved.
What do you do?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Serious question here: What makes a shooting a 'mass shooting'? How many people have to be involved before they label it 'mass'? More than one? Two? Anything involving children?

What number of casualties does the media decide it's a 'mass shooting'?

Isn't the word 'Mass' being used short for 'Massive'? How many people does it take to make a 'massive shooting'?

Webster defines massive as: impressively large or ponderous. Does five people fit this description?

I'm not trying to take anything away from this tragedy but I am getting tire of the 'wordsmithing' being used in the media.
edit on 20-1-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

this kind of comment shows just how disassociated with this type of crime some Americans are, this kid just blew away a whole, it would seem, family and you are challenging its authenticity of "mass shooting" status like its some kind of points challenge on MW3, even quoting the dictionary, what would you prefer to call it buddy, a "BUZZ KILL".

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I hear tell the kid got his guns from auctions like this. 100% no checks required shipped straight to your door.

Anyone want a full auto UZI?
www.gunbroker.com...

When you hear of an assault weapon murder it generally involves a kit like this and some little door kicking, robbing, gang banger! You may also want to note that this is how gun walking schemes really go down!

We police the crap out of legal gun owners, but ignore the full auto black market! I bet the Mexicans just love it!

I bet you a thousand bucks the ATF is selling these kits themselves!

Person A illegally builds full auto receivers or has them shipped in carefully demilled. They can be any make or model E.G. AK or hundreds of others. He then carefully cuts the receivers to BATF specs and or if imported just leaves them as is. He sells them to Person B with the appropriate parts kit. Person B then builds the gun into an illegal full auto firearm which is guaranteed to be used by a criminal.

By law this all requires 0 checks and can be freely shipped door to door.

Welcome to the full auto black market! Where there is a market there will always be a supply!

If the Feds gets their way only Criminals will have these types of arms!

edit on 20-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagitaris

He somehow obtained

Ill bet you $10 to my $500 he got it from a relative who was a "responsible" legal gun owner as is the case with most kids who go out shooting people.

listen cat lady dont go around saying BS, when you dont know how it was actually obtained. ^ is just ignorance... you dont know how the gun was obtained.

AND for the record PEOPLE kill PEOPLE not guns kill people. and if someone wanted someone dead they would find a way. 3D printed gun

so imagine living in a world, were guns are apart of the people lives, then its banned......... ok guns are still there but households arent allowed to have them. AND DONT TELL ME THEY JUST DISAPPEAR!....

how are people to defend themselves against intruders, animals(mountain lions, bears, rabid dogs).

seriouosly if we took your advice right now and households were to give there guns away who would hurt from it the most???

criminals???? please! they run the black market, and there are so many unregistered guns they would have no problem finding them, from gangs or the government.. ya the government do some research and find out how many guns the government sells or gives away.

the households that used the to protect themselves????? hmmm lets THINK my non existent kids with mental issues on psychotic drugs that would encourage them to kill people, cant shoot me with my own gun yea... please intruders knock before breaking my window and coming in O and you better not have a gun cause its illigal and i will be forced to blow my whistle at you??!!!??!

ALSO all the ladies out there that arent as strong as some male criminals. please start using your broom to remove intruders thanks....

Cat lady you need to think about the future of your accusation before making them. a world now without guns would be very dangerous with criminals being able to access them STILL and we have nothing to defend ourselves with. PLease THINK ABOUT IT!!
edit on 20-1-2013 by Sagitaris because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2013 by Sagitaris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join