It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Albuquerque

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just seen this on Piers Morgan's twitter:

twitter.com...

BREAKING NEWS: Mass shooting in Albuquerque - teenager kills 5 people incl 3 children. Assault rifle among weapons used.

Done a Google search but couldn't see anything up yet.

UPDATE:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-1-2013 by roughycannon because: Added new link

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

You follow Piers Morgans twitter

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here is the huffington post link to the breaking story. Sad to hear. Not sure where he is getting the info on the weapons. Jumping to conclusions maybe.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Authorities in New Mexico say a teenage boy has fatally shot two adults and three children inside an Albuquerque home.

The boy has been booked on murder and other charges.

Bernalillo County sheriff's spokesman Aaron Williamson says the boy's motive and connection to the five victims aren't immediately unknown.

Williamson says investigators who received a report of the shooting Saturday night are trying to determine whether the victims were related.

The victims' identities haven't been released.

edit on 20/1/13 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Google only turns up your thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Piers Morgan's twitter??????
Is this where the astute members of ATS get their information now?
Valid or not. Piers Morgan's twitter?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wow Piers Morgan is ON TOP of his agenda isn't he...

NY POST
edit on 20-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I can at least add this:

The boy was arrested and booked on murder and other charges in connection with the shootings Saturday night, Bernalillo County sheriff's spokesman Aaron Williamson said.

The victims' identities haven't been released, and the boy's motive and connection to the five victims weren't immediately unknown. Williamson said investigators were trying to determine if the victims were related.
Source

Sounds like they got him, alive and well for a change. Maybe now someone can ask him what made him do it... The gun or video games? I mean obviously any shooting in North America with 3 or more victims will be national level reporting for awhile. Might as well hope they get some answers since the media will pursue the initial headlines dutifully enough.

@Rival

It's horrible to have to say but these are different cases.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Cheers updated the OP

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

You follow Piers Morgans twitter

Yes, me and 3 million other people why?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The killings all occurred inside one home, so either a home invasion or a domestic violence turned deadly. Is morgan going to tweet every single murder now?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

It seems the threshold is 3 or more victims. I'm not kidding either. I've been watching this for the pattern and I think that's it. 3+ shootings where it isn't clear and obvious street crime.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Lucky that kids family had a gun in the house or else who knows what could have happened

Im willing to bet not only that the kid got the gun from his parents and that they passed every test and the guns were purchased legally.
But its OK, guns everywhere is perfectly safe

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Serious question here: What makes a shooting a 'mass shooting'? How many people have to be involved before they label it 'mass'? More than one? Two? Anything involving children?

What number of casualties does the media decide it's a 'mass shooting'?

Isn't the word 'Mass' being used short for 'Massive'? How many people does it take to make a 'massive shooting'?

Webster defines massive as: impressively large or ponderous. Does five people fit this description?

I'm not trying to take anything away from this tragedy but I am getting tire of the 'wordsmithing' being used in the media.
edit on 20-1-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes I caught that. The story was so new there was nothing on the web yet except the week old
shooting. I amended my post so no confusion.

We are going to have to do something about the over-medication of our children with pyschotropic
drugs. And I say that without even knowing the facts of this shooting

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Having guns is perfectly safe, if they are stored safely & securely. We do not know all of the details about how this kid got a hold of them or anything else.

Regardless of how many shootings occur in our country we still have a right to bear arms to protect ourselves. These things are going to happen, but it is our responsibility to be responsible gun owners. These people paid for this with their lives, but it should still not infringe upon the rights of others.

Since people sometimes use cars to run over others should we take cars away from everyone? Or just make everyone drive golf carts or ride bikes?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Here is the huffington post link to the breaking story. Sad to hear. Not sure where he is getting the info on the weapons. Jumping to conclusions maybe.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Authorities in New Mexico say a teenage boy has fatally shot two adults and three children inside an Albuquerque home.

The boy has been booked on murder and other charges.

Bernalillo County sheriff's spokesman Aaron Williamson says the boy's motive and connection to the five victims aren't immediately unknown.
Williamson says investigators who received a report of the shooting Saturday night are trying to determine whether the victims were related.

The victims' identities haven't been released.

edit on 20/1/13 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

Mistake? Or just more gibberish? I'm sure the kids knows exactly who these people were.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Regardless of how many shootings occur in our country we still have a right to bear arms to protect ourselves. These things are going to happen, but it is our responsibility to be responsible gun owners. These people paid for this with their lives, but it should still not infringe upon the rights of others.

Yep you have the right to have guns everywhere, stories like this are the result of guns in every home and kids not seeing them as taboo.

As for cars, yeah lets ban them and forks and DRs and sticks

Stupidest argument ever

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just saw this on rt.com...

rt.com...

A 15-year-old boy has fatally shot two adults and three children in the US state of New Mexico. A man, a woman, two girls, and a boy were found dead at a house in Albuquerque Saturday night. All of the victims suffered from several gunshot wounds. Multiple weapons, including an assault type rifle, were found nearby, police said in a statement. Bernalillo County Sherriff's spokesman Aaron Williamson says the boy's motive and connection to the victims is not yet known, and that investigators are trying to determine whether the victims were related. The identities of those involved have not yet been released. The juvenile was arrested and charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death. DETAILS TO FOLLOW

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I can see it now...

Several weapons were found, including an assault rifle. It is suspected that the assault rifle convinced the other weapons to fire upon the unsuspecting people.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The title is so bombastic, MASS SHOOTING and somehow fails to tell with the same emphasis that is also an HOME INVASION!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join