It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wha-ohh. The President swears to preserve, protect, and defend the wrong document.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Hellobruce, that is apparently the only thing that hasn't changed about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Doesn't matter WHAT Oath he takes.

Hes got his fingers crossed, behind his back!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Even if it weren't accurate to the constitution -- what precisely would it matter? Everyone knows what document he is referring to. If he did go out and shoot a journalist, and said "well I swore on a fake document", we would all still say "uh no."

reply to post by IndieA

I smell a Colon David Hyphen Wynn Colon Miller follower here. Changing the capital letters doesn't change a single thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
I suppose in other eras, no president had attempted to destroy the sacred Constitution.

But right now, in this country split in half over many issues, I can understand the OP's concern.

United States could mean many other countries. It is not neccessarily a given. For those whom hold oaths as sacred, it would be sad that either the system or the president do not add in the much toiled name America by forefathers, espacially during these time.

It may be just a word, but it means so much to many who seeks someone to lead honestly, without any ambiguities.

Agreed.

In legalese (an actual legal language) words or omission of words are of PARAMOUNT importance.

Not that this seems to be the case with the Oath here, but it's a heads up to all those thinking words, used in a legal, contractual or binding sense are unimportant...they are anything but.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Besides who authorized a personal book to be sworn on? A family book no less? Shouldn't it be the same one for all posterity? The same one all the other presidents have sworn on?

What makes you think you need to swear on a book.... which book have all previous Presidents sworn on?

en.wikipedia.org...

Some have even been sworn in on a law book!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Anyone else remember that conspiracy theory about how the Constitution was replaced, and the US was turned into a corporation?

Not saying I believe it. Because frankly, EVERYONE has been calling it just "the United States" for some time. We unofficially dropped the America part a good 10 years ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Even if it weren't accurate to the constitution -- what precisely would it matter? Everyone knows what document he is referring to. If he did go out and shoot a journalist, and said "well I swore on a fake document", we would all still say "uh no."

reply to post by IndieA

I smell a Colon David Hyphen Wynn Colon Miller follower here. Changing the capital letters doesn't change a single thing.

Then why are all capitals used on every important legal document?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Is there any way we can just let you thread die. This entire topic is an ebarassment to ATS.

You make a claim without even the slightest bit of research... and then refuse to admit it. Its threads like these that give everyone here a bad name..

Good job on make ATS a worse place one thread at a time.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by intrptr
Besides who authorized a personal book to be sworn on? A family book no less? Shouldn't it be the same one for all posterity? The same one all the other presidents have sworn on?

What makes you think you need to swear on a book.... which book have all previous Presidents sworn on?

en.wikipedia.org...

Some have even been sworn in on a law book!

Or one of witchcraft even. How would we know?

Thanks for leaving the last part of my post off. The part where I said ultimately it doesn't matter what book they swear on? Its the oath...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are going to carve up peoples posts and hand them back to them, at least use "reply to" so others can trace back what you are saying to be sure you quote posts in context. That is a time worn trick to discredit others...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by IndieA

Is there any way we can just let you thread die. This entire topic is an ebarassment to ATS.

You make a claim without even the slightest bit of research... and then refuse to admit it. Its threads like these that give everyone here a bad name..

Good job on make ATS a worse place one thread at a time.

I admitted that the oath in the constitution omits the words "of America" at least twice but it doesn't change the fact that the title of the constitution contains those words and the whole thing is odd.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh well, not much here as far as the prez swearing to protect the wrong document, but there is a larger issue at hand.....Just like a lot of marriages, people go through the ceremony, mouth the words they're supposed to, but it means nothing to them.

I look at the presidental swearing-in as the same thing. A big party celebrating an ideal that the president has no intention of actually upholding.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

The lengths some people will go to make Obama appear non-American is ridiculous.

edit on 20-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

I couldn't agree more. Obama, himself, does more than enough to appear non-American.

Ridiculous!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
the original constitution was the "Constitution for the united states ..."

the "Constitution of the united states ..." is the corporate one they have been using.
edit on 20-1-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Wrong.

"America" has never been in the oath of office. I didn't know this until I took three whole seconds and did a search. A search the OP could easily have done before posting.

edit on 20-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

That is 100% correct, why is this thread still open?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Because it's still odd that the "America" is left out of the oath in Article 2 Section 1.

Also there seems to be a lack of accountablitiy on the POTUS as well as the rest of Washington.
edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
the original constitution was the "Constitution for the united states ..."

the "Constitution of the united states ..." is the corporate one they have been using.
edit on 20-1-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

Can you point me in the direction of this alleged constitution for the US?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Here is what the POTUS said, "to preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.”

I’ve been paying a lot of attention to names and words, and their meanings lately so I couldn’t help but notice that the President left out the “America.”

edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: re-worded title

edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: youtube video added

The name of ur country is "United States" the word America is just a reference to the continent in which these United States resides. As if it matters, besides its pretty arrogant of ur country to claim all the Americas lol. Hell Canada has like 36 million ppl and we own more of America than u do lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GokuVsSuperman0

My point is the actual name or title of the constitution is, The Constitution of the United States of America.

That constitution contains an oath that the President much take, but that oath leaves out the "of America" therefor it is an indirect reference to the constitution.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
if he swore on it, it has to exist.

then that means there are two constitutions and that is why he was sworn in two times during his first term, which he made public and again this term, one public and one in a private ceremony on monday.

The short Sunday ceremony was held because the constitutionally mandated inauguration date of Jan. 20 falls on a Sunday, so Obama will take the oath a fourth and final time on Monday before hundreds of thousands of observers on the National Mall.

how can you take the same oath twice on the same thing, the first one will be the oath, the second would be repeating it.

to be sworn in twice means there are two documents or it would just be repeating the oath, which is not what they are doing.

the second constitution of the united states could be a secret document between nations, in which each respective head of state swears to and are only told of once they have been sworn in as the head of state in their respective countries under the terms of the second constitution.

and are legally obligated to be sworn on once they do.

remember any treaty the president of the united states enters to, he is legally required by the constitution to uphold, even if that treaty means he is obligated to swear a secret oath to another constitution between nations or that it over rules the american constitution.

the "founding fathers", masons, put that provision in. it is not an accident. it is by design and it is being used to put america under the control of a one world government, probably with a mason as it's head. who is this guy the president and over 200 countries can be swearing an oath to.

it must be the most shocking thing to think you are president of the united states only to be told by your predecessor, not so fast, you must also swear a second oath to a second constitution between member nations that super cedes the constitution of the united states of america and that is legally binding and constitutional because it declares all treaty's it signs as law of the land.

ie the one world government. i.e. the united nations/states.

that almost every nation on earth is signatory to, and that is legally bound to obey as set forth by it's constitution.

if this second constitution has a provision that it must remain secret, then the president is legally bound to obey it.

what if this is obama's way of letting the american people know about this, without breaking his first oath.

if there is no provision about doing it (2nd oath) publicly the first time he became president, he did nothing wrong and did not violate it.

now the second oath is a private vip ceremony, that means they revised it to avoid obama doing the second oath publicly.

i think obama hoodwinked them the first time, he was/is a constitutional lawyer after all.

the penalty for violating that oath is not impeachment but death, look at kennedy. he violated the terms of the second constitution and was given the death penalty.

he sacrificed himself for the truth. now the real question is, who is the president of this secret constitution and were they tricked or forced into it.

he is the one manipulating wars and invading countries and ordering obama to ban guns. civil war is brewing in the united states.

remember you were made by God. your loyalty to God comes before all and your King is His Son, his allegiance and protection comes above all treaties. you have free will and are not bound by any pieces of paper or signatures that conflicts with the will of God or the will God gave you.

you're all being fooled.

you are free because God made you free, not because it is written down on a document. you have power over pen and paper, not the other way around.

you can walk away at any time and without penalty because it's what God says that matters, not anybody else, regardless of what or who they are.

remember this and they will be powerless against you, you won't need a gun. the last blood sacrifice was made by God. therefore no human blood can be spilled as a penalty for any offence and there fore they can't harm you or kill you.

God will not permit them.

that is why they are using humans to destroy humanity. they can't. that is why Jesus said the most important commandment is to love one other, as you will not allow harm to come to the ones you love.

don't vote. don't accept any treaty or swear any oath or enter any contract. if you did you can back out without penalty or fear of death.

because you are free and that freedom comes from God. no one can have power over u except God, unless God gives them that power.

they are meaningless and not worth the paper they are written. if anybody asks, say my allegiance is with God and they will leave you alone.

it took the sacrifice of Jesus, His son, to get this protection back from God, honor and cherish it.

edit on 20-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join