It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wha-ohh. The President swears to preserve, protect, and defend the wrong document.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here is what the POTUS said, "to preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.”

I’ve been paying a lot of attention to names and words, and their meanings lately so I couldn’t help but notice that the President left out the “America.”

Last I knew, our constitution was titled, The Constitution of the United States of America. Having a copy of it nearby I was able to double check this and sure enough the America is in there.

So the President just swore in on the wrong document. If he now decides to destroy the constitution or violate it in any way, how can he be held accountable? All he has to say is, “I never swore to preserve, protect, and defend The Constitution of the United States of America. I swore to preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States, a deferent, or nonexistent document.”

Let me ask you this ATS. Can you prove that they are not deferent documents?

edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: re-worded title

edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: youtube video added

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
any links or video of the swear-in?

I'm assuming you meant today's swear-in, right?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
any links or video of the swear-in?

I'm assuming you meant today's swear-in, right?

Yeah, today's. A link would be good, I'll see if there is one on youtube yet but it just happened about an hour ago.

There you go. Video added.
edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: Got it.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"I Barrack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will break the constitution at any point I deem necessary. I do not support the citizens rights and I hope to continue ruining this country over the next 4 years"

Funny that they did this swear in in private...

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wrong.

"America" has never been in the oath of office. I didn't know this until I took three whole seconds and did a search. A search the OP could easily have done before posting.

edit on 20-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its kinda shocking that many Americans don’t actually know how this oath should go

anyway

Well the oath that is taken in accordance with the constitution is as follows…

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The big about “so help me god” is often added in

Here is what Obama said.

So unlick last year he actually got it right this time.

I know what you mean though it is strange that the wording is the “United States” and not the “United States of America”.

edit on 20-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

WHY NOT?!!!!!!!!!!!

Words have meanings.

Do you think it has anything to do with the US being a corporate entity?

Some people say the country went bankrupt in 1933 and the bankruptcy has just been being managed by the central banks this whole time.

All I know is that the document our founding fathers wrote was titled The Constitution of the United States of America, and I have never heard of, or seen, the constitution of the United States.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Bidens is up. Hmmm, interesting... he had a few more words to add to his about "reservations" and ulterior motives.

edit on 20-1-2013 by intrptr because: changes

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
OH SNAP! He's like, totally illegitimate.

The anti-Obama crowd are such malcontent contrarians. It's comical how much they'll reach to try and get a 1up on Obama.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yah, good thing they didn't have it outdoors to show what a huge mandate he doesn't have...

Did he say the "Cot stitution"? At :19

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"I Joe Biden say 'f*** yea!' to another term and would like all my peeps to line up a round of shots"

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
well since you've got your copy of the constitution handy check out the last couple lines of Article II section 1. The oath of office as originally written

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

edit on 20-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

Here's Herbert Hoover in 1929 so we know the banksters didn't pull a fast one, well at least in regards to the oath of office anyway. Plus it's cool to see an ex president swear in a new one. Taft swore in Coolidge as well but that video doesn't have sound.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Does anyone know if they are planning on doing a public swearing in tomorrow? Apparently that's what they did with Regan in 1985 when the 20th was also on a Sunday.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

The chief justice left it out, as much as I would like to fault obuma for another eror, he didnt make the mistake, he could have corrected it yes. But, the chief justice...left it out.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

It is understood (by most) that the United States and America are one and the same country.

I really don't think there is a problem here.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

This thread is sooooo much fail.

The lengths some people will go to make Obama appear non-American is ridiculous.

edit on 20-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not a problem. He's still POTUS and he'll abide by the Constitution of the United States of America just as much (or, more likely, just as little) as he has been all along. But now that you've brought it up .. I wonder why 'America' isn't in there for all the POTUS's to say?? You'd think it would be ....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
come on guys really... I'm not even close to an Obama supporter but no one left anything out. It was said verbatim to what is written in our constitution.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah, Biden's oath was longer and broader. What's going on here?
edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
Does anyone know if they are planning on doing a public swearing in tomorrow? Apparently that's what they did with Regan in 1985 when the 20th was also on a Sunday.

Yes, tomorrow's swearing in will be on the National Mall.
edit on 20-1-2013 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join