It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise Of The Fourth Reich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
the first reich was the holy roman empire, the second otto von bismarks, and the third hitlers, is the forth ruled by amerian thinking?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a prediction you wouldnt say was impossible, nice thinkin!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh,oh, i love this subject

I made a thread ageeees ago about America being the Fourth Reich. The Fourth Reich is American capitalism in my view because it does cover the whole world. The American Empire is based on capitalism, not imperialism like the others.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The first was the Roman empire,the second was the Holy Roman Empire,the third was Hitler's unfulfilled dream.

The forth...............I'm not predicting just correcting.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
With all due respect Mr. Super Moderator, the 2nd reich was indeed formed by Bismarck, as the thread author presented.

link

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I will stand corrected if I'm wrong.

I would say though that I lived and worked in Germany for over a year over a decade ago and I asked this very question on more than one occasion of several different people and I received the same answer that I stated always.

I would dispute that Bismark even had an empire (reich)

There were only three empires that have dominated Europe.The Roman Empire , the holy Roman Empire, and Napoleon's Empire.Only the first two stood any test of time and would be something that Hitler would wish to imitate.

Remember Thousand Year Reich.That is what Hitler wished for.Only the two I've stated live up to that.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"[[History_of_Germany]] The term German Empire (the translation from German of Deutsches Reich) commonly refers to Germany, from its consolidation as a unified nation-state in January 1871, until the abdication of Kaiser (Emperor) Wilhelm II in November 1918. Germans, when referring to the Reich in this period under the Kaisers, typically use the term Kaiserreich. Sometimes in English (but rarely in German) "the Second Reich" is used, based on counting the Holy Roman Empire as the first German empire (and, as Nazi ideology insisted, Nazi Germany as the third)."

perhaps because Germans refer to it as "Kaiserreich" and are taught as such.

As far as time-spans are concerned, yes, Hitler desired a 1000 year Reich, what he got was 12 years.

I'm sure Imperial Germany didn't expect the humiliation at Versailles, either.
Point being, duration of existence is not a proper measure.

As far as Rome is concerned, she controlled Iberia, Gaul and England. Rome never fully conquered or controlled the germanic tribes, and it would be part of her downfall.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'll concede the point rather than defend an obviously faulty position.

So back to the main thrust of the post.

By your definition the USA can not be the fourth reich because it does not control the Greater Germany.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Don't forget about all of the Nazi Scientists that the U.S.A. absorbed into it's "Intellegence Agencies" after WW2!!! I am all for making these Bastards MORE ACCOUNTABLE!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
even though reich is by term a german word it does not mean that it cannot be used to other country's, I think that one person made a good point that american capalizism is the new power, but has that not been the case for ages, money =power=greed I think that one day america wil fall into a semi-southafrica.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Everyone likes to say, "Hitler did this", and, "Hitler did that". But the truth is Hitler did very little. He was a world class tyrant, but the evil actually done by the Third Reich, from the slave-labor camps to WW2 was all done by German citizens who were afraid to question if what they were told by their government was the truth or not, and who because they did not want to admit to themselves that they were afraid to question the government, refused to see the truth behind the Reichstag Fire, refused to see the invasion by Poland was a staged fake, and followed Hitler into national disaster. The German people of the late 1930s imagined themselves to be brave. They saw themselves as the heroic Germans depicted by the Wagnerian Operas, the descendants of the fierce Germanic warriors who had hunted wild boar with nothing but spears and who had defeated three of Rome's mightiest legions in the Tuetenberg Forest. But in truth, by the 1930s, the German people had become civilized and tamed, culturally obsessed with fine details in both science and society. Their self-image of bravery was both salve and slavery. Germans were required to behave as if they were brave, even when they were not.
whatreallyhappened.com...

this sounds just like the people of the United State of America who are so afraid to question their government...........so, as long as they can make their money they care not who is in control. after the collapse, utter collapse of our economy choas will ensue and marshal law will be implemented.

welcome to the North American Union.

top topics

join