It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Contact: perhaps your species is ready, but not until you get rid of their Guns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

Disclaimer: This highly speculative theory I am juxtaposing is before any caffeine this morning so please bear that in mind.

A) Presuming various PTB in the world are/have been in contact with extraterrestrials.

B) Presuming that they are as frail a life form as humans for all intents and purposes

...and

C) Presuming that we are/have been being conditioned for contact for some time

The theory is, that no contact is ever going to be made as long as the masses could cause them harm upon arrival and any stays in duration.

Now, there are two things I feel should be considered and depending on which stance one takes this could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Stance 1: Extraterrestrials would have our best interests in mind and want to see our species thrive and advance to not only better ourselves, but our planet and overall the universe as a whole in order to spread wholesome life throughout the cosmos. With that, TPTB would have nothing but good intent with their actions in regards to eliminating guns from being possessed by the people.

Stance 2: Extraterrestrials would not have our best interests in mind and in order to carry out a malicious agenda there would have to be as little resistance as possible from the masses including but not limited to guns in the hands of the people. With that, TPTB would have sold out their very own species in order for the Extraterrestrial species to carry out its own malicious agenda (whatever that may be) possibly sparing themselves.

I am sure that there are many other variables to consider, but for the sake of putting it out there for discussion, if only as a Work of the Skunk, I present you with this highly speculative theory.

Thanks for reading, now to go ingest a few milligrams of caffeine and start the day.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If they were trying to get rid of guns to prepare us for contact, then they wouldn't be spending billions of dollars on the military. I wouldn't trust anybody that tells you to get rid of something while at the same time buying more and more of what you shouldn't have.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

If they can traverse here then guns would be the least of their worries. One well place virus and humans could be no more unless they want us to do the resource mining for them which is kind of like having someone dig their own grave.

What's scary is we are easily manipulated whether it's through fear or frequency we could be convinced to do whatever they wanted.

Look how religions have control over the masses.
If any E.T.'s decided to appear to each country as their religious Deity they could have us submit in one day.

We better hope they are benevolent.
edit on 20-1-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If aliens were about to come out of the closet, they would not be concerned with firearms.

Their weapons would be much more advanced than ours, and may even have the ability to make all guns instantaneously useless...

Me thinks they would understand our right to protect ourselves from tyrannical government as well.

Also, they would demand our military lay down their weapons first if your hypothesis were the case...They posses much more firepower than private citizens.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I have a similar theory, although it involves a single world government, not getting rid of guns.

ET would probably (and quite rightly in some respects) surmise that Earth based Humans wouldn't be a good candidate for getting along with, if we cannot even get along with other Humans.

The guns would be as useless as our Nukes appear to be when they're around, so the gun issue IMO, is more about Humans and their politics, not ET's.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Having read a lot on the UFO subject I do recall a story in Cambodia where an SOG soldier fired on an alien with an FAL which is a .308 rifle within a close proximity,according to the story the alien was knocked down but got back up and slapped the soldier.
If they were indeed threatened they would have killed him.
They are aliens,not us,who knows what is on their minds?
If they wanted us dead it would be a simple task,my guess is they don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You know as an avowed skeptic/debunker I LIKE this one!
- S&F.

After all what alien would want to land in the USA and get shot to bits??!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by UberL33t

This sounds like a scifi novel plot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

hey, there.....is the title of the thread how people from florida think?..
I,m curious....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If aliens beings wanted to contact us they wouldn't go through our government to do it. Chances are an alien race would be way ahead of us in all ways. They could teach us so much but that it is the last thing our government wants. The government wants us to stay in the dark, to be their puppets.

I don't know for sure if aliens exist but i'm sure that if they do the reason they won't come here is our government. I find your suggestion of giving up more of our rights in hopes of contact with aliens seriously absurd.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If this theory was to work, it would be the people here on earth that are in "the know" that would want us to be perceived as violent as possible, at least in my opinion.

TPTB can not allow contact between us and a more advanced species. We would learn too much and soon realize that we are being kept under control by a very primitive and uneducated power structure. TPTB like the way things are here with them in charge and i doubt they would risk having to share our attention with those from out of this world.

If UFO's try to land anywhere on earth they would quickly be met with hostility by our governments. It seems obvious by the visitations that have occurred in the last few decades that there have been attempts to by UFO's to disclose to MASSES of people that they exist. They have never to my knowledge appeared over the UN or other locations that would symbolize contact between out leaders and theirs.

ET's hate our leaders, cause they are holding the entire planet back from ascending into the future for their own childish greed.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What's so special about America that ET could not take over Earth unless they could take over America first ? Typical American thinking ! Self importance.
ET could have taken Earth easily if it were all about guns as most of the worlds civilian populations DON'T have them.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Having read a lot on the UFO subject I do recall a story in Cambodia where an SOG soldier fired on an alien with an FAL which is a .308 rifle within a close proximity,according to the story the alien was knocked down but got back up and slapped the soldier.

Virus, bacteria, nanotechnology, directing comets and asteroids, energy weapons from orbit are all viable methods to eradicate not only human life, but pretty much all life on Earth...they are not out to get us, or we wouldn't be talking about it now.

We'd have no defence against any of these, and let's face it, we're sitting targets and have been for hundreds of thousands of years...we're still here.

Hawkins recently stated we should keep quiet and not broadcast our presence here, as ET may come to wipe us out...well, for a brilliant mind, that's one really, really dumb thing to say.

For a start, we HAVE been broadcasting our presence for over 100 years..literally. Our electronic emissions are now in the vacinity of star systems up to 100 light years away...so, if they're there, they're picking them up.

But why Hawkins' comment is really odd coming from such a bright mind, is even without radio signals racing through the cosmos as that speed of light...our planet gives off chemical markers and distinct life signatures to anyone or anything who cared to look.

How does he think we identify 'Earth-like' planets ourselves...we look for the same chemical signatures.

ET has had billions of years to determine if Earth was a life bearing world...that's a long time to hope to remain hidden.

I would have LOVED to have seen the look on that soldiers face when he got slapped by the pissed off ET!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

I find nothing of this incident, could you please provide some sources for this.......

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I don't know if extraterrestrials infecting us with a virus is as easy as it sounds.

First of all they would need samples of our vast varieties of DNA that make up us pathetic humans (i actually don't think we are pathetic, i wouldn't be surprised if we were the envy of the universe) That would require an alien species to come down here to get a sample. Said alien wouldn't survive 6 hours here on earth, they are no made for this environment. You want to talk about viruses.... we live among billions of them everyday and our bodies know how to deal with them. Aliens do not.

It would take an Aliens species centuries to adapt to our environment of bacteria. WE are the boss players on this block, not some skinny alien with stupid eyes. Ill poke those bowling balls right out their face if they come down and try and give me a scare.

HUMANS BABY!!!! ROCKIN IT FOR 100 MILLION YEARS!!!! WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE AND AREN'T HIDING FROM ANYONE!!

edit on 20-1-2013 by FirstCasualty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I dont think aliens care about guns, maybe they are waiting on humans to get rid of all the morons on this planet before they come out publicly.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

is the title of the thread how people from florida think?

The most recent estimate was carried out in 2012 by the United States Census Bureau and it was estimated that the state’s population had reached 19,317,568. The Census Bureau haven’t provided a new estimate for this year yet, but extrapolating from last year’s figures we can expect the population to have increased by roughly a further 250,000 people, bringing the Florida population of 2013 up past 19.5 million.
Source

Yes, every single resident of Florida thinks just like me (especially before they've had their coffee) and would have titled this thread in the exact same way. I personally know all 19.5 million (estimated) of them so...hope that quells your curiosity.

reply to post by brandiwine14

I find your suggestion of giving up more of our rights in hopes of contact with aliens seriously absurd.

I am having trouble finding the exact portion of the OP where I have suggested that any rights be given up. Though I know everyone personally in Florida, I still don't think I have enough power to take away the 2nd amendment from the whole country on the basis of disclosure/contact w/ ET.

This was just an early morning Skunk Works thread submission. However, I do appreciate all the replies throughout. I think if ET was already here and their intent was malicious we wouldn't be here now discussing this, or maybe we would and their intent may very well be malicious and beyond our current scope of understanding, or maybe it would be benevolent from a purely "life in the universe" perspective.

They could be in contact with governments of the world, they could be non-existent altogether. Either way, I am of the notion that if I were an ET species, I would stay as far away from this planet and/or as incognito as possible with the current state of human evolution.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One would think that an advanced, enlightened alien species would respect the right of self preservation, self determination and self defense.
edit on 20-1-2013 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If a person is to believe the long list of contact stories, ETs are not doing nice things for people here and don't seem to care about taking over the planet at this time. They probably could take over if they desired but may have other agendas.

I believe there is less contact then people seem to push on the internet.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

In the context of your premise:
"Stance 1: Extraterrestrials would have our best interests in mind and want to see our species thrive and advance to not only better ourselves, but our planet and overall the universe as a whole in order to spread wholesome life throughout the cosmos. With that, TPTB would have nothing but good intent with their actions in regards to eliminating guns from being possessed by the people. "

The possesion of firearms is no where near as disconcerting as our continued conflicts among our peoples based on race ,religion, geography. and resources.

If I were of a superior peaceful race that wanted to assist humans into the galactic social system...I could wait until the said humans learned how to get along with themselves first...even if it took a million more years it would be worth it.

Keep your guns, they are nice toys, call me when the children grow up and learn to play nice with each other.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join