It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EX

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm sure many have a story about the proverial "Ex"....

The 1st one came standard with a 2 year manufacturer warranty, and I opted for the 5 year extended warranty beyond that. She was a real looker too! Minor problems during the initial warranty period, and the manufacturer was a real pain in the backside to deal with. Extended warranty was a real rip off. Manufacturer refused to honor it. Gave up dealing with the manufacturer completely, and tried to fix the problems myself. Started doing some maintenance (without the service manual of course), took off the cover plate and springs, knobs, screws and parts flew everywhere. Major problem! Re-assembly must have shorted out some stuff. Damn thing never warmed up above freezing after that and the audio was just WIDE OPEN and none of the knobs worked! Manufacturer got back involved without my asking...tellin' me I voided the warranty. What a mess! Manufacturer wouldn't stay out of the equation now.

Got really upset. Went for the "frame off" major overhaul and rebuild. Seemed like it worked pretty well for a while. Fouled the plugs a lot, but that cleared up when she ran on pure alcohol. Mileage went to heck, and the fuel bill was outrageous and growing each month. Manufacturer kept getting involved tryin' to tell everyone how the real problem was everything BUT their product. Typical. When she started burning 4 liters per day (easy), I started getting the paperwork in order for sale. Quickly realized that I didn't have a clear title! Major braindamage getting the leinholder's off the title. Real circus. Fortunately the unit had never spun off any clones or subdivided. Else I would have been in some deep doo doo!

Didn't know it at the time, but there had been a buyer keeping track of her whereabouts from the shadows for some time. Have reason to believe he even took her for a test drive without my permission when I was overseas. He eagerly offered me way above wholesale for her and I jumped at it. HA, poor sap! Serves him right though! She had a complete meltdown about 6 months after I unloaded her. Threw a serious rod, busted the crank and the camshaft. Central ignition computer completely FRIED. Carb caught on fire and one of the wheels got badly damaged when he allowed her to get over-fueled and crash while navigating some stairs. After that she had to spend about 4 months at a specialized shop to correct the carburation and fuel system problems. Last time I saw her, the wheel still appeared to be a problem (she wasn't tracking straight). Still see her from time to time. Body looks straight, but boy-o-boy do I ever know about the bondo under THAT paint job!

...and this wasn't even about a car!

edit on 1/20/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: Sytax

edit on 1/20/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Still not over her I see.
I have no problems at all with any of my ex's, I live a good life and I believe they do too.
The best revenge is to live well.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Over her? Heh, no that's not an issue at all. We actually get along just fine now.

Life is good. Just fun to look back on.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Great satire,can't stop laughing. Hahahahaha......bondo

OMG tears in my eyes.S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Fortunately the unit had never spun off any clones or subdivided. Else I would have been in some deep doo doo!

Must have bought from the same dealer.
My warranty didn't cover future developements, Still paying for it, and the dealer went down years ago

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The current Mrs Cody just read this
She still isn't sure if it's about an ex or a car

I can hardly type for laughing

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oh, well written! Loved the satire!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hahaha great stuff I have an ex just like that can not stop laughing your humour has brightened up my day my friend I salute you!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Lol a good read indeed. Certainly not what i was expecting

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hahaha LOVE IT!! You totally made my day great post S&F for you thanks for putting a smile on my face I needed that

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Flyingclaydisk
This is one of the best threads Ive read in a long time i loved the satire of the post and everything about it... It reminded me of my ex and he is a man..
Thank you so much for the chuckle to start off my day ..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F for a well written thread!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thank you, all, for the kind words. I like to write this stuff. They are all slices of a life which, if you cannot enjoy it, is very boring indeed.

Some look back on history with disdain. Finding some levity in the past only makes the future more fun.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Very well written I seen ex and then it kept sounding like an ex model was going back and fourth and laughing the whole time

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Luck you for having a real relationship / marriage. I was setup with a fake wife by tptb. Monitored by them thu her as well as she tryed to minpulate me into doing things. I figured it out early. And made her life living h#ll lol secretly of corse. Over her i have been forever. But not over what i was put through and still am. They have been trying to set me up with another one of there trained puppets. And that is something i refuse to allow to let happen. If i do end up with another and i figure it out. The things i will do this time will be much worst. Seriously people there are alot of puppet wifes running around for the tptb. Hypno slaves. My exwifes new man is a fool lol.
Cant wait till he finds out lol. Or maby i will help him find it lol

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Splendid thread Op,
Put a smile on my face this morning.

Dealing with manufacturers is always a nightmare once the wheels come off.
S&F4U my friend.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
never mind ... I couldn't figure out the ytoob part...sorry

The song was "The the, Uncertain Emotion".

Sorry I couldn't get the link right.

(any assistance is appreciated)

The piano is nice.

Thanks, all.
edit on 1/21/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Oh my, my, my!!! That was so well done, Flyingclaydisk!!! Best thing I've read on ATS in awhile. I'm not really laughing, just amazed at how well you were able to describe the 'situation' without really describing the 'situation'!!! LOL

Peace!! ID

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Ran into her last night (again).

Seems like now she's into Demolition Derby's!!

HA!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This thread was before my time and have only just read the OP.

Made my day mate lol

top topics

join