It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry is not Real Enlightenment

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

I didn't realize the OTO was still in existence, could you tell a little about them?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I saw it all and I recognized it when they showed me around the Lodge....

I was like "Something something about before I was born.... the silly tophats....the panel of judges and the jury of gagglers and incurably insane so-and-so's"

The Lodge before I was born....

I remember enough to know I didn't like them very much for doing whatever they did.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by network dude

Not sure about leaders, but in terms of corporations in the western world, probably quite a high percentage. The US seems to be overtly Masons amongst the presidents, and skull and crossbones. Which I've been told means "Im Christ" something I would have to debate fully, because that is not what its about, because opening your third eye on the wrong frequency is more than getting a wrong number when you're trying to dial your Higher Self.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

14. 14 presidents have been masons. The last one was Gerald Ford. He has since passed away.

Skull and Bones has nothing to do with Freemasonry except that it is also a fraternity. It is not connected to masonry at all.

We did have one Corporate giant who was a Freemason. Dave Thomas of Wendy's fame. You should look into what kind of a man he was. Quite impressive to say the least.

I think your speculations are fueled by fear and little else. Please check my work and look those things up on your own. After all, I am a mason and have an agenda.
edit on 22-1-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus hides his beer in a closet and won't let it out.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Coming from a 32nd degree SR Mason who is also a Christian I have to say this may, in fact, be my favorite thread on ATS. Thought-provoking to say the least.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
hello i am new to ats and checking things out. my brother is druid42.
thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

Freemasonry is based firstly on Truth, but also charity, love, justice, moderation, courage, prudence, equality, moral rectitude, and liberty.

That is truly laughable.

I disagree, very much.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Freemasonry is based firstly on Truth, but also charity, love, justice, moderation, courage, prudence, equality, moral rectitude, and liberty.

That is truly laughable.

I disagree, very much.

Because.....why exactly? Are there some facts you could point to that aren't resting on half-truths or full-out lies? Is there something in particular that the rest of Masons on ATS (or anywhere else for that matter) are not privy to? Will you come back and pick up the gauntlet? Or is it to lie there

Fitz

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

That is truly laughable.

I disagree, very much.

Damn, that's what I was taught too. I guess you must be talking about your own personal version of masonry.
I don't want to join.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

It's the truth, but you're entitled to disagree with fact if you like. I can at least support my position? Can you?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Despite the mods banning certain posts etc.. in an attempt to keep the thread on track.The thread is still complete free for all completely without purpose or meaning , the thread heading is but a distant memory.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Coming from a 32nd degree SR Mason who is also a Christian I have to say this may, in fact, be my favorite thread on ATS. Thought-provoking to say the least.

Why would that be the thread has no direction it has gone off on tangent all over the place hardly inspiring for any profane newbes at all.
On a different note if you are a christian and mason (oxymoron) then cant understand why you want to be christian since clearly your grand poobah architect is more exciting than the christian god and attending a church every sunday. Also many other bros are outright attacking christians for attacking masons how does this make you feel seems me like your the meat in the sandwich what a dumb position to be put yourself in when you could just choose one or the other.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It's not an oxymoron for a Christian to be a Mason. To me the "grand poobah architect" is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. My church attendance has not changed since I joined Freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker

On a different note if you are a christian and mason (oxymoron) then cant understand why you want to be christian since clearly your grand poobah architect is more exciting than the christian god

Hookay.....so, when you're praying to God, what name are you using? God? Lord? Almighty Father? What? Surely they can't ALL be right, can they? Why on Earth is it so difficult for anti-Masons to grasp that the honourific G.A.O.T.U. is meant as a non-denominational way for Masons of different monotheistic faiths to be able to use the same word while referring to their own understanding of the Almighty?

I'm Anglican. To me, it means the Holy Trinity. Full stop. For me, the "grand poobah architect" IS "the christian god". Again, full stop. My Sikh, Jewish and Muslim fellow Masons have a slightly different take on the Almighty. Shall we create Hell here on Earth over a word? Or do we let our good actions pull us all forward?

and attending a church every sunday. Also many other bros are outright attacking christians for attacking masons

Golly! A Mason reacts to being attacked by a 'christian' and it's the Mason that's in the wrong? You gonna put your dog down because it bites you after you kicked it?

how does this make you feel seems me like your the meat in the sandwich what a dumb position to be put yourself in when you could just choose one or the other.

Then clearly you understand neither Masonry nor sandwiches.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Why would that be the thread has no direction it has gone off on tangent all over the place hardly inspiring for any profane newbes at all.
On a different note if you are a christian and mason (oxymoron) then cant understand why you want to be christian since clearly your grand poobah architect is more exciting than the christian god and attending a church every sunday. Also many other bros are outright attacking christians for attacking masons how does this make you feel seems me like your the meat in the sandwich what a dumb position to be put yourself in when you could just choose one or the other.

I sent you a private message addressing your questions. I find public discussion on some matters neither profitable nor prudent. I hope you'll take time to reply. If not, I understand and wish you well.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

I just have to respond.

We are told to be perfect like our Father in heaven.

It would appear they are, at the least, doing something similar to what God teaches. Nothing tyrannical about seeking inner perfection - in fact it is of God. It can not truly be achieved without the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I refer you to NT Matt 6:24 about serving two masters!

Hookay.....so, when you're praying to God, what name are you using? God? Lord? Almighty Father? What? Surely they can't ALL be right, can they? Why on Earth is it so difficult for anti-Masons to grasp that the honourific G.A.O.T.U. is meant as a non-denominational way for Masons of different monotheistic faiths to be able to use the same word while referring to their own understanding of the Almighty?

As above

edit on 25-1-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I'm not serving two masters.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join