It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron, the evil hypocrite.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Star and flag for a nice rant. I agree with the general gist of the OP without feeling the need to nitpick.
Just spread the word to everyone you know and meet. I find that more and more people are of a similar mindset to you. This generation has a much better chance of changing things than those that have gone before.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Are we two or three square meals from revolution? That's what they say isn't it. As long as the people of this country never reach starvation levels then that apathy will always be there....and we will never reach starvation levels because of 1. The welfare state, and 2. the black economy.

Right now every penny of income tax collected in this country goes out the same week to pay for those receiving benefits. In effect, we have been working like dogs to stay poor and until we have a real paradigm shift nothing will ever change. Your grand children will still have the same complaints that you do now.

I was taught that extremism is required to effect any form of change (not religious extremism - political extremism). The country would never go down the extremist route in its entirety but the extremist element would enable the pendulum to swing beyond it's normal boundaries and alter the status quo.

Me? The older I become the more faith I have in the individual - I think I'm beginning to realise I'm an anarchist at heart

edit on 20-1-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

A real referendum on Europe?
Either way the scum bag has got to where he has by lying and fulfilling nothing but the fact that he and his cronies are liars.

We the British public allow it all to happen and nothing will change

Empty vessels make the most noise..... If we as the people want to change anything we need to stop mumbling and grumbling and actually start to do things to change anything. We've had plenty of chances to make a move but most people can't even be arsed to tick a box on a piece of paper

Edit: put wrong song on oops

Lyrics from song:

The times they aren't a-changing-
Yeah, England's still sh*t and it's still raining,
And everybody's jaded and tired and bored
And nobody lifts a finger because
It's just not in our culture.
Our culture is carrion and we're all vultures,
And nobody seems bothered by this state of play-
It seems that the stench is with us to stay.

Frank is a rich kid from Eton and he's dad was a big banker, though I feel his lyrics hit the nail on the head with this song.
reply to post by stumason

I've tried (with others on here) to develop a grass roots movement to fundamentally rebalance our Democracy. Nobody cares though, certainly not enough to contemplate that the system is so broken it needs fixing.

I wish I was aware of this, If you ever start doing anything like this again please let me know. This country is broken and needs a good overhaul and repairs. As you said though nobody cares, as I have noticed on a local scale as well as a national one
edit on 20-1-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I know they are Jihadi's because the groups leader, a known Jihadi, has said as much and the attack was in response to the French intervention in Mali, which is on the brink of being overrun by Islamist forces from the North aligned to the same group who did the attacking.The people of Mali are clearly very happy about the intervention as none of them want to live in a Sharia state.

Look, I can understand a certain level of cynicism, but you are taking the biscuit. Are you honestly telling me that you think that these Islamists are not as described and are in fact poor, misunderstood freedom fighters who want nothing but peace, liberty and happiness for all?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Perhaps the times are a-changing.

There is no one left to vote for.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

No Oil = no power/plastics/technology = primitives

Unless you have a solution?

Stu though I agree with a lot of what you say.. I also have to point out the fact that there has been many solutions that have been destroyed by the oil companies even to the point of labs being burnt down, people killed, equiptment confiscated...

The oil companies are evil and a huge threat to democracy.. They have bought and paid for our politicians and have colluded to repress viable alternative energy et al at every turn..

edit on 20-1-2013 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Granted, you are right, there are some alternatives, I was merely using that as an example against the "evil corporations" rant. The corporations are only there providing us with the means to live our lives, if someone has an issue with "evil corporations" then they need to look at themselves as to the reasons why because without us, they are nothing. We create the demand...

But, as I pointed out to someone on FB today, any Oil replacement such as Hydrogen has it's own issues. If we all switched to hydrogen powered cars tomorrow (ignoring for a minute how we produce the hydrogen) then we'd have massive amounts of water vapour being pumped into the atmosphere instead of CO2, which is actually a much better greenhouse gas, not to mention increased precipitation and all the trouble that brings. There is no silver bullet.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

True in a way but that's our own fault that why I love the lyrics of that song they are so true:

Our culture is carrion and we're all vultures,

Carrion= dead meat like a rotten dead carcass

We live in a time where we the people.... absolutely anyone can represent your people, area and culture even if it's little things. If we do not like those we vote in locally or nationally get your arse in gear and take their role.... If they are in a situation like that without much local public support imagine how easy you could take his job by actually representing your public.
Fact is though nobody gives a F**K pardon my language, and those that do get little or no support from the rest of the people, the people are usually clueless they are representing them or actually exist.

It might be because they are not on your television or maybe it's down to the fact most people are out of touch with their own communities. Vultures.... thats all we are feeding of the dead carcass that was once our culture

Edit
All the you and yours were not aimed at you or any other individual, I guess you could say it's my own rant against the general British public
edit on 20-1-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This thread has thrown up a few new names since our last, unashamed plug, but it seems some have an appetite for change so it's worth a shot... Myself, Freeborn and others have tried to get interest in a Direct Democracy movement in the UK which, among other things, would go a long way to rebalancing our society. As said before, apathy is a weight that drags us down, but the more on board the better.

Admittedly, the group has been quiet the past few months, I did plan a relaunch but then Christmas got in the way....

Direct Democracy UK - Facebook

Direct Democracy Webpage

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm not keen on facebook but I think I will join your site

I have a question though do you plan on making more of a new political party movement or just trying to impliment a direct democracy?

I agree with a lot of the reading I have done at www.iniref.org... the proposals and ideas are good.

Whats all the polish about on that forum too? seems a bit weird

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

The plan was to form a party, but getting enough support to make it worthwhile is the hard part...

As for the Polish, well, we had a problem before Christmas with bots joining and posting about certain medical advances - I have had to activate manual registration approval now, but I am planning on a total revamp/relaunch anyway with better controls in place.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
NOW IS THE SEASON OF EVIL

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: brianporter

Or Labour or the liberal democrats for that matter!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join