It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Sides with Obama on Gun Control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh lordie .. I couldn't follow .. my head got all wonky .. you'll have to reword it.

ETA .. Flyers vs Sabers .. gotta go watch .. back later.

Sorry. I edited it. It's Championship Sunday and my Niners are there. A little distracted.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To be honest, I'm not sure I can bothered to debate this more. Flyers has used the word 'hypocrisy' several times in this thread, whilst themselves being stunningly hypocritical.

In any event, America and Americans are well respected in the UK, and our interest in your gun laws is simply out of genuine care for your people. It's just that the general feeling here (and that's not speaking for all Brits, to be fair) is that free and easy access to weaponry is linked to tragedy - which is something we don't enjoy reading about when it's nearly always good, honest people that get hurt.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This IDIOT wants law abiding Americans not to have a way to protect themselves

They wouldn't need to protect themselves if we didn't have so many lunatics with easy access to guns.

And seriously, this whole protection argument is just an excuse for losers with no self esteem to have arsenals to try to make themselves feel important. If you guys would just do something worthwhile with your lives then you wouldn't have this psychological compulsion to have to have guns.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

1. I can understand the point you are trying to put across, a desire to know, if genuine and not for some ulterior motive.

Our Messiah is the divine teacher, who lived in a far different era than today, and he taught us mankind much, even after several centuries and his words remain relevant.

His life is an example for us.

We, this generation, gifted with free will, DO have the freedom to choose, for free will is a gift from our common Creator. Share, discuss, debate and then make up your own personal informed perspective to react. No one else can live your life.

2. As for the looney tunes anti-gun lobbyists who continue to spout their nonsense and hypocrisy in the face against logic, all I can say is you have that right to do so, but just remember how that right to be free was won. It did not came freely, but through blood, sweat and toil, even for the brits who so freely condemned the 2nd amendment.

Weapons do not make one feel great. It only makes the realist, who knows he do not live in some fantasy disneyland that deluded anti-gun lobbyists lived in, gets the comfort of security.

And the realist knows there's much more to do to society, if it ever hopes to be weapons free one day. Disarming the law abidding citizens is not the way. Ask disarmed states such as Australia, UK and Europe, if violence is non-existant in their nations.

3. There is nothing wrong if one whom had earlier agree to the pope's other decision, but decides upon honesty and free will to disagree with his actions on gun control.

A democracy does not believe in the Cult of Personality, but rather, the merits of the person they look up to. The realist comprehends that no mortal is perfect and all do make mistakes. The pope had made a few, and his gun control is one of them.

It doesn't mean the supporter is blind if he previously supported his other actions but not this one. It is only being honest to oneself, a quality lacking in many as we divert from moral and ethical teachings passed down by forefathers.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Battle of Athens, Tennessee

On August 1-2, 1946, some Americans, brutalized by their county government, used armed force as a last resort to overturn it. These Americans wanted honest open elections. For years they had asked for state or federal election monitors to prevent vote fraud (forged ballots, secret ballot counts and intimidation by armed sheriff's deputies) by the local political boss. They got no help.

These Americans' absolute refusal to knuckle under had been hardened by service in World War II. Having fought to free other countries from murderous regimes, they rejected vicious abuse by their county government.

These Americans had a choice. Their state's Constitution -- Article 1, Section 26 -- recorded their right to keep and bear arms for the common defense. Few "gun control" laws had been enacted.

youtu.be...

The way I look at it, be very wary of people foreign or domestic that wish you disarmed, they do not have Americas or Americans best interest at heart.
edit on 013131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Maybe,

He still hung out with armed apostles. He didnt say like, "how dare you for having a sword"

He said, "chill man, put that away, I got this..." I am paraphrasing of coarse....

still though, his posse had weapons...and Jesus was ok with that.

edit on 20-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

that is like asking why Jews eat kosher, or why Muslim women cover up.

It is just a belief of the faith. There is no point in arguing it. It has nothing to do with what either you or I have to say about it. It is just the way it is.

Catholics are not supposed to be concerned with political or social driven agendas....PERIOD.

It takes away from our focus on God. That is why. Ask a priest. I am not a priest, just someone who studied in the catholic educational system and was surrounded by priests nuns and lay people all day every day. I have had this conversation many times. That is all it comes down to.

You are deliberately making this more difficult than it is. There is nothing more to this besides off topic subjects to discuss. If you are really that curious about the catholic faith walk into a church or rectory and ask to speak to a priest. I am a former Catholic that will not help himself from his bias so I am not the guy. I will tell you the facts, but I might include my opinion as well.

edit on 20-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
To be honest, I'm not sure I can bothered to debate this more. Flyers has used the word 'hypocrisy' several times in this thread, whilst themselves being stunningly hypocritical.

How exactly is it hypocritical to tell the Vatican to butt out of American politics and at the same time say that America should butt out of Libya, Syria, etc etc? Where exactly is my supposed hypocrisy?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
They wouldn't need to protect themselves if we didn't have so many lunatics with easy access to guns.

Changing the laws and taking the self protection guns away from law abiding citizens will NOT change easy access to guns for criminals. Not at all.

And seriously, this whole protection argument is just an excuse for losers with no self esteem to have arsenals to try to make themselves feel important.

And seriously, that's absurd and dead wrong.

If you guys would just do something worthwhile with your lives then you wouldn't have this psychological compulsion to have to have guns.

Pure ignorance ..

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DaTroof
OK, now you can stop using the "X can kill, ban X" fallacy.

It's not a fallacy. It's the truth. This IDIOT wants law abiding Americans not to have a way to protect themselves. The criminals will always be able to get handguns. He, and the Vatican, are being MYOPIC.

I'm not a fan of the Vatican, but at least they are right on this one.

No .. they are being eurocentric and have joined in the NWO wanting to disarm Americans.

Do you think they have Passports and Visas ready, for the Fascists and Nazis to disappear, as they did in WW2?

edit on 20-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's Championship Sunday and my Niners are there. A little distracted.

NHL is back up and running .. so I'm distracted too.

Trying again ...

Originally posted by intrepid
If a country has "said" something about another country how can one from THAT country get bent out of shape when their country doesn't "say", they spend billions of dollars to interfere in other countries?

IF I'm following you .. and I'm not sure If I am ... I already said that America shouldn't be involved in Libya or Syria or Somalia etc ... I said the Vatican should stay out of our political business and we should stay out of Libya etc (and China should stay out of Somalia and Russia should stay out of Syria, etc etc).

Is that what you are getting at??

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Do you think they have Passports and Visas ready, for the Fascists and Nazis to disappear, as they did in WW2?

If you are talking about those Cardinals at the Vatican, they all have passports and god only knows what kind of funds they have hidden away. And any of them involved with the Vatican bank have nefarious connections all around the planet. The bad ones could easily hide away somewhere. Pope Benedict, on the other hand, is old and getting feeble. The corrupt cardinals would probably just knock him off like they did Pope John Paul I.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Disarming the law abidding citizens is not the way. Ask disarmed states such as Australia, UK and Europe, if violence is non-existant in their nations.

At the risk of getting involved this yet again, *sigh*, are you suggesting violent crime has been eradicated in the States by gun ownership? Or is it possible that criminals use guns more because of the much stronger possibility that the people they're attacking will be armed?

Here in the UK, like anywhere else, someone might break into my apartment tonight. Hopefully this won't happen, but if it does it seems likely that he won't be carrying a gun. Why? Because he's almost certain I don't have a gun either.. even though I could. In reality he probably wants to steal my stuff and get out... it's much easier that way. Besides, carrying a gun like that would send him to jail for a long time if caught.

In America the thief is unsure. He comes armed, legally too. He hears noise and he pulls it out. Thankfully the home owner is protected by his gun, but the thief has the advantage of preparedness... his night vision is already attuned and he's aware, not just woken from sleep.

Do good gun owners have some magical ability to always be that touch smarter, quicker and more accurate than criminals? It would seem that way given the rhetoric on here.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I find it highly Ironic and Hypocritical what the Vatican says, with the amount DEATHS they have on their hands........

MHO

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
How about the vatican keep its own nose in its own business.

Then how bout that seperation of church and state.

There is a reason there has never been a us pope and there will never be a us pope.

Gun control is pure darwinism at work.

ETA most of us know full well the history of the church the crusades ring a bell?

edit on 20-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Ask disarmed states such as Australia, UK and Europe, if violence is non-existant in their nations.

It's much less than here which should tell you something.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
why does the vatican have armed guards and their own security force.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

A car is not a weapon. Yes people die in crashes but for the most part the car is not a weapon of choice. There is no other purpose of a gun other than to shoot. Unless you want to use it as a paper weight. Get real.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

And a steak knife is for eating steak. A clothes line could strangle someone given the right circumstances but people dont outlaw clothes lines. A bedside lamp could electrocuit someone but we dont outlaw electric lights. Still what other purpose does a gun have?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Now who is being myopic? Christian much?????

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join