It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Sides with Obama on Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Pope Benedict and his eurocentric cohorts in red really IRK me.
(for many reasons)
Good thing most Catholic Americans ignore the Vatican.

Vatican Sides with Obama on Gun Control

The Vatican praised President Barack Obama's proposals for curbing gun violence on Saturday, saying they are a "step in a right direction." ..... "I am with them," Lombardi declared, lining up the Vatican's moral support in favor of firearm limits.

The dumbest thing said by the Vatican spokesman -

And while massacres are "carried out by unbalanced or hate-driven persons, there is no doubt that they are carried out with firearms," the Vatican spokesman said.

So perhaps we should take away all the cars in the world because, there is no doubt that vehicular homicides are carried out with cars. Perhaps we should outlaw steak knives because, there is no doubt that sometimes people get stabbed with steak knives. Freak'n idiot. :shk:

Perhaps the most disturbing part of the story -

Lombardi renewed Vatican appeals for disarmament and encouragement for measures to fight "the production, commerce and contraband of all types of arms," an industry fueled by "enormous economic and power interests."

The guy tries to use the 'gun makers are a big corporation and are evil' crap ... which isn't true AND is pretty hypocritical coming from THE VATICAN .. which is a HUGE corporation/industry and is full of corruption!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
OK, so you're in the middle of a shopping mall with a knife. How many people can you kill? Same shopping mall, this time with an AR-15 and multiple magazines. How many people can you kill?

OK, now you can stop using the "X can kill, ban X" fallacy.

I'm not a fan of the Vatican, but at least they are right on this one.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What would expect any religious leaders' view to be? Seriously?

Keep guns? Keep shooting people?

Get a grip... of course ANY religious leader will be against guns and anything designed with the intention of solely killing other human beings.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

It's not a fallacy. It's the truth. This IDIOT wants law abiding Americans not to have a way to protect themselves. The criminals will always be able to get handguns. He, and the Vatican, are being MYOPIC.

No .. they are being eurocentric and have joined in the NWO wanting to disarm Americans.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
What would expect any religious leaders' view to be? Seriously?

Depends on the religion. A bunch of them out there want their people armed and out killing in the name of their 'god'.

Seriously .. their view should be ... CLEAN UP THEIR OWN MESS and get out of the business of telling America what to do. They have no business telling law abiding Americans that they can't defend themselves. They have no business interfering with the laws of this country. They have no business being eurocentric and aiding the NWO in the disarming of Americans.

The founding fathers knew that an armed American population would make it much harder for a government to take total control over the people. It seems very obvious that the Vatican is covering up their NWO dis-arm America agenda in a thinly veiled blanket of supposed care and concern.

Get a grip... .

YOU get a grip. :shk:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's not a fallacy. It's the truth. This IDIOT wants law abiding Americans not to have a way to protect themselves. The criminals will always be able to get handguns. He, and the Vatican, are being MYOPIC.

No .. they are being eurocentric and have joined in the NWO wanting to disarm Americans.

You can protect yourself with things besides guns. Criminals get handguns... wanna know from where? Click to find out!

The NWO... now you're just afraid of a boogeyman and want your blanket. Time to put on your big boy pants and work for a better tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

OK, so you're in the middle of a shopping mall with a knife. How many people can you kill? Same shopping mall, this time with an AR-15 and multiple magazines. How many people can you kill?

You dont think it is a problem, that you think of killing people when you´re in a shopping mall?? Maybe you and others with those ideas should get some mental help, instead of banning guns. Maybe we should just ban you guys instead... just saying...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if I have 100 guns, or a million pounds of ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel, I don't want to murder anyone. The problem is that there exists persons that have no issue with taking another humans life. Logic says, deal with those persons, because if they really want to kill, they will find a way.

As for the Vatican, I couldn't agree more with the poster saying they are spear heading the NWO. Next thing they will be pushing for is a global currency, and leader, and religion. Wake up everyone
edit on 20-1-2013 by kingofmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You can protect yourself with things besides guns.

Oh please. Who is going to win ... A criminal with a loaded 45 or a housewife with a kitchen knife? Seriously .. get real. You sound like that euro-centric old man in the Vatican. Law abiding Americans have a RIGHT to adequate self defense.

And the NWO agenda to disarm Americans is VERY real.

edit on 1/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNobody777

You dont think it is a problem, that you think of killing people when you´re in a shopping mall?? Maybe you and others with those ideas should get some mental help, instead of banning guns. Maybe we should just ban you guys instead... just saying...

What? I don't think about killing people. I was illustrating a point, and a shopping mall happens to be a crowded place. And then shows your true colors... Ban me instead? I have the same rights as you. You want your precious little gun and you want people you don't like to go away. Grow up.
edit on 20-1-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You can protect yourself with things besides guns.

Oh please. Who is going to win ... A criminal with a loaded 45 or a housewife with a kitchen knife? Seriously .. get real. You sound like that euro-centric old man in the Vatican. Law abiding Americans have a RIGHT to adequate self defense.

And the NWO agenda to disarm Americans is VERY real.

The NWO... now you're just afraid of a boogeyman and want your blanket. Time to put on your big boy pants and work for a better tomorrow.

Grow up. Troll

Prove the NWO exists, otherwise you're just fear mongering. I live in reality. You live in crazy person world where everyone is out to get you. You need help.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Prove the NWO exists, otherwise you're just fear mongering. I live in reality. You live in crazy person world where everyone is out to get you. You need help.

Stop trolling. ATS Forum - New World Order

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Interesting take on the whole debate.

Usually, the Holy See and I are pretty much on the same page. And I can see how they could decry violence. As would any sane person.

But I'm not willing to give up any of my freedoms just yet. So on this topic, the Padre and I are going to respectfully disagree.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNobody777

What? I don't think about killing people. I was illustrating a point, and a shopping mall happens to be a crowded place. And then shows your true colors... Ban me instead? I have the same rights as you. You want your precious little gun and you want people you don't like to go away. Grow up.
edit on 20-1-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

No, dont want to ban people. It is just as stupid an idea, as banning guns. I want to help those people with those ideas, before they go crazy. Maybe YOU should grow up, and take some responsibility for your life, you cant just say "make it illegal" and think the problems will go away, that is just stupid... I dont own a gun, and i dont need one. I can protect myself without, but those who need one for protection, has the RIGHTS to do so, dont take that away just because YOU are affraid...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't the Catholic Church (the Holy See particularly through Papal edicts) one of the organizations that caused the most death and destruction on our small planet over the past oh few thousand years?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't the Catholic Church (the Holy See particularly through Papal edicts) one of the organizations that caused the most death and destruction on our small planet over the past oh few thousand years?

Not 'the most' ... but certainly a lot.

What people forget is that the Vatican is also A COUNTRY.
It's a Euro-centric country.
And it's trying to impose it's 'ideals' onto America.

edit on 1/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Don't forget that the Vatican also support Hitler. Since when have they become so against war and guns? Not only did they support him they wrapped him in the cloak of the Vatican. Learn your history its not a secret where the Vatican has stood on these issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join