It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmarks biggest bank, Danske Bank - reverse Robin Hood fee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

In Denmark, we are required by law to own a bank account.

This is to make sure that the government always can check a persons income, and report in unusual behavior. This could be if the subject have a bigger car, than the subjects salary should be able to provide to. Of course, this is all tools for the government to fight undeclared jobs.

Now, the largest bank in Denmark, “Danske Bank”,has decided to require a new fee in order to have a bank account at there disposal.
This raises a lot of grays areas, since all people living in Denmark are required to own a bank account. What's worse is, that when Danske Bank creates a new policy, all the other banks tends to implement these new policies for them self.

To make matter worse, Danske Bank ONLY takes this fee if you have less than 750.000 danish krones at your account, thats 133.863,75 US Dollar or 84.382,50 British Pound Sterling, only one segment of the people gains from this policy. Yes, the rich people.

This of course has sparked a lot of debate in Denmark, but as usual, our country is sleeping. Only to stand up for a little while before the media finds a new story, and then people tend to forget and accept.

I believe this tendency will spread around the world, since Danske Bank has a big influence in other countries and I urge you to keep an eye out for this tendency and make a stand, should it ever come to a bank near you.

Now with all the darkness cast out from the bankers, I hope that this could be the trigger for a new economic system, this system is called Bitcoins, and from my perspective, looks like a modern and correct way to decentralize our currency and still keep the modern comfort, with Internet payments and creditcard system.

You can read more about the Bitcoin project at www.weusecoins.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
HA

In Australia weve had this fee for ages.
$5 a month just to have an account
$5 a month if balance below $500
$2 for every ATM withdrawal

the list goes on, the average Aussie spends about $30 a month on bank fees.
Sounds like you guys have it pretty good compared to us Aussies

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I surely don't think it is a laughing matter, but a very important development we should take outmost care to prevent. To my knowledge, it has never been reported in Denmark that the Australians have to pay a fee.

Denmark used to take care of the little people, but the tendency is turning around to the most wealthy here instead.

How is your people dealing with those fees, do you try to change the bankers and governments opinion of this?
edit on 20-1-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

Whe the fees first came out their was a bit of whining but nothing was done, now 10-15 years on we just accept them as the way it is

Kinda disgusting really

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I'm really sorry to hear that, and I fear the same will come to happen in Denmark :/ One can only hope that people will get fed up and revolt against the banks and governments before its to late

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

Ja det er dælme noget gylle

top topics

join