It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows (and so it continues)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
If this isnt a conspiracy and is just an accident.............................LMFAO

I cant think of anything more poetic, A gun accidently fires and hits 5 guns nuts at a gun show

The people who were hit would be part of the "guns are perfectly safe" crowd and since no one died, Sorry but this is funny as S***

Your the only nut around here.

So it's ok with you if people who like guns get shot, it's only a tragedy if an anti gun person gets shot.

Your so out there I have to skip over your posts anymore because your psychotic when it comes to firearms.

I am truly glad there are people like you out there and there are many because you help our cause with your illogical thinking and way off base remarks. Keep up the good work.

You misunderstand me,

Gun nuts at a gun show being non fatally shot by an accidental discharge is funny purely from an ironic point of view, No one died so I dont see an issue
People being shot is never funny................... Unless its Gun nuts at a gun show being non fatally shot by an accidental discharge

Live by the gun, die by the gun...... Or at least get hit by them at gun shows

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
this is a simple case of the media staying on a current event an feeding the fires for ratings and website hits

is it really obama's zombies coming after your guns every time a gun goes off ?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Do tell why did those gun nuts put in the constitution the second amendment?

Really inquiring minds want to know?

Live behind government hide behind government die by government inquiring minds also want to know why those who claim to be liberal are going around telling people want they can own.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2013 by neo96 because: double post

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Who brings a loaded gun to a gun show?

In all the gun shows I've been to, I've never seen a loaded gun at one. Somebody mentioned that the article originally stated that it was done by a police officer who was inspecting the gun before being brought into the show. Why change the article if there's no conspiracy or agenda? Maybe I read that post wrong. But if I didn't, and they're telling the truth, I smell skewed news.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The U.S. has 88 guns per 100 residents. The highest rate by far in the world.

Why are you surprised gun accidents happen? Are you suggesting gun accidents never happen, with gun ownership that high? Of course there will be accidents - plenty of them. Think about another dangerous item - a car. There are plenty of vehicle accidents every day in every city. Greater numbers of ownership will equal a greater number of accidents. Not everything is a conspiracy.

If you want to really nail it down, blame the piss-poor safety awareness of gun ownership in the U.S. - it's pathetic. You can get a gun with ease. And so many people are not properly trained how to treat such a deadly piece of equipment. And then people get outraged and angry when someone does something stupid with their weapon.

I'm all for gun ownership. I'm also all for gun safety - when I lived in northern PA, I was appalled by the lack of gun safety. Everyone owned them. And just about everyone was unsafe with them. From giving kids guns to shoot without training, to not even remotely properly securing them. Just because we have a right to own guns shouldn't mean we should be ignorant in their use. YOU know how to use a gun? That's dandy. Pity a huge # of Americans don't, but own them.
edit on 20-1-2013 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2013 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Another thing you have at gun shows is non gun trained people inheriting guns. many of these people have know idea how to handle guns but know that they are worth good money.

I have run into this type for years at gun shows they have a old gun in not to good condition and have went on the internet and looked up the gun and found a few being in mint condition selling for a high price.
They wanted mint condition prices for there old beat up guns and claimed we were all trying to cheat them because we would not pay them anywhere near the price they had seen on the internet..

For a while i worked in a pawn/gun shop inspecting and repairing guns that came in and had some real winner come in with guns.

One came in with 4 rifles that had belonged to his grandfather. he told us he had cleaned off all the grease that his grandfather had packed then in and they were ready to shoot and wanted us to tell him what ammo to buy.
One the chambers size was clearly marked on the barrels so i looked the guns over closely.
took the bore light and checked the barrels and found them completely filled with grease from one end to the other.

Another customer came in with a 12 gauge shotgun and wanted to know why the shells he put in it were loose.
he had a couple of the shells with him and they were 20 gauge shells.
i checked the shot gun just to be safe and found it still had a 20 gauge shell jammed up in the chamber.
he would have been in for one big surprise if he had ever put a 12 gauge round in and pulled the trigger.

Had another guy bring in his fathers old 10 gauge shotgun and 6 cans of 10 gauge Verey pistol flares with one can open and wanted to know what he could hunt with the Verey shells.
I told him they would be great for ducks or geese.
I wonder if he ever fired one

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Annnnd it keeps coming.

Link

(CNN) -- Sheriff's investigators combed through what one called a "horrific" crime scene Sunday after the shooting deaths of five people, three of them children, at a home outside Albuquerque, New Mexico.

A well-known local pastor and four of his relatives were among the victims, according to those who knew him.

Each victim was shot multiple times, said Lt. Sid Covington of the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department, and one of the weapons used was what he described as an assault rifle.

Sheriff Dan Houston said a 15-year-old boy, who "may be a family member," was charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death.

Annnnnd it will continue...
edit on 21-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

A lot of people go to them just to get out of the house. A lot of people take their kids. A lot of coin dealers set up.
Actually a very large amount of the people that go to gun shows go to buy and sell coins as coin stands are regular. Last time I went to one it was just to see the coin dealers and the only thing I purchased was a coin.

So no it's not just "gun lovers" and yes you remain and idiot.
edit on 21-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
easy to find with the search feature
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a few people shot accidentally out of how many guns shows every year! but yet when criminals shoot people they want our guns.....and of course those shootings at the gun shows will be added to the total for gun violence for the year...which includedes suicides and accidental shootings..and lets not forget they include police shootings too!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Unfortunately, such is the case with things that people think are cool and maintain a high market value. Aside from being a gun person, I'm also a car guy. If I had a nickel for every time I stopped at some place to ask about an old jalopy they had around back and they tell me they want some ridiculous price for it because "I've seen them go for x amount of dollars on tv/the internet". When you explain to them that the mint condition price and the sitting out under a tree for 35 years price are vastly different, it falls on deaf ears.

I used to work at an auto parts store. When people come in asking for stuff for their car, and don't even know what kind of car they have, let alone what engine or what year it is, you really start to doubt the intelligence of people as a whole. Does that mean they shouldn't own a car? I think so, but then again, it's not up to me to decide.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

When you say "giving guns to kids without any kind of training." What do you mean by training. I've been shooting guns since I was six years old. I've never shot anybody, and I'm safe with them. I don't point even unloaded guns at people. The first thing most people are taught about gun use is to treat every gun as if it was loaded. So, are you saying "no training" because it wasn't given by a Police officer or other official person?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I don't get this, after weapons went off? did they just grow fingers and pull their own triggers. What we forget is that guns aren't the problem society trying to mold people into what they are not and the reprocussions of that person dealing with it is the problem though.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

No offense but anywhere you can go and present your state license and leave with a gun should be banned. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to get the guns, but go to a gun store and go through the proper channels. It's proven that people who shouldn't own firearms can purchase them at gun shows. Yeah sucks for the normal law abiding citizen, i know, but gun shows are outrageous anyway.

Gun Owner, sensible American. MA USA
-Joker
edit on 21-1-2013 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just get used to stories like these.
Anything bad tied to a gun, they will do anything to make it mainstream news to tell you guns are bad.
No it is the 2nd amendment, next it will be the first.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My in-laws were at the show in Ohio when it happened. They said right after the shot went off it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. A few seconds later someone said, "Dumb*ss!"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i dunno i dont think its all to shocking, i mean if you go to an air show and a plane crashes on people, ban planes? go to an off road event and flip truck and die, ban trucks and off roading? go skiing, jump out of a plane , do anything but walk out the front door and one should expect not be safe heh. and even then still not safe, the very fact you are breathing is a reason not to feel safe heh.

i just dont get it all the things that kill that are allowed but were going to start limiting guns?

why what do they have planned, economic crash after telling the world we bankrupted ourselves heh?

how come i can still get alchohol for under 20 bucs, should'nt each bottle be like 1200 dollars and beers 42 dollars a can? wouldnt that stop drinking driving? or at least make it too expensive for the common knee jerk to wipe out a small bus full of nuns or crash into a daycare killing millions of children?

so its ok to get behind a 1200+ lbs weapon of mass destruction , suck down 50 beers and go for a ride, i know i know its against the law,,, so is shooting up movie theatres and schools but people still do it. so lets just go back to no more drinking and that should get rid of the problem.

oh but wait, people know how to make their own alchohol. isnt that why they are trying to ban guns, because it is harder for a normal person to make a gun that will fire correctly?

i think the best way to thwart the whole ban gun movement is for the people that know how to cast and weld, to start putting plans , videos, pictures, d.i.y on gun manufacturing. then when they ban it , it wont freakin matter, people will round up junk metal in house and melt it down and make another rifle/pistol/shotgun or what not.

if someone were to make a new internet revolution on how to make own weapons , and it caught on, well they can take all the guns they want.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So if a few people fall off a ladder in close enough time should we consider banning them too? I'll bet ladder accidents happen 10x more than negligible discharges. With a country population over 300k things are bound to happen.

I hate how much negative publicity the MSM gives this. I guess they gotta feed their sheep what they want though.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
i dunno i dont think its all to shocking, i mean if you go to an air show and a plane crashes on people, ban planes? go to an off road event and flip truck and die, ban trucks and off roading? go skiing, jump out of a plane , do anything but walk out the front door and one should expect not be safe heh. and even then still not safe, the very fact you are breathing is a reason not to feel safe heh.

i just dont get it all the things that kill that are allowed but were going to start limiting guns?

Its because unlike all the other things you listed guns only have one purpose...To kill!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join