It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to Introduce Legislation to Nullify Executive Orders Signed by President Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Sen. Rand Paul is pledging to undo some of President Barack Obama’s executive orders on guns that the Kentucky Republican believes overreach.

“In this bill we will nullify anything the president does that smacks of legislation,” Rand said Wednesday on Fox’s “Hannity,” referencing his legislation that is slated to be introduced in Congress next week. “And there are several of the executive orders that appear as if he’s writing new law. That cannot happen.”

Linky

All I have to say is... Go Rand! He is a true American hero in my book.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Is he going to undo all of the EOs done by all previous presidents as well? If not then methinks he's being a bit discriminatory.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Is this why he gets detained so many times with TSA.

At least once a week you hear him getting jailed and detained.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I would like to introduce legislation to abolish all government everywhere in the universe forever. How's that sound?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
Is he going to undo all of the EOs done by all previous presidents as well? If not then methinks he's being a bit discriminatory.

No, only ones that legislate new law like the ones obama is writing, since that is not what the EO system is for..We all know how obama twists things to suit his whims though..

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Executive orders may be a necessary evil but they should have been forcefully temporary until the end of the duration of the president's term and only renewable once after that for another term, at the end it would be extinguished or have been, in the meanwhile, passed into law by the legislators.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

All I have to say is... Go Rand! He is a true American hero in my book.

how quickly you forget that he sold out his father for money.
i dont trust him as far as i can spit

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
how quickly you forget that he sold out his father for money.
i dont trust him as far as i can spit

He didn't sell out his father. It was part of the plan. He pulled a Snape.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
I would like to introduce legislation to abolish all government everywhere in the universe forever. How's that sound?

Oxymoronic

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

He didn't sell out his father. It was part of the plan. He pulled a Snape.

Can you elaborate on that?

Oh and thank you for your topic post. It makes me happy these issues are being discussed. I know personally (not that old) that I didn't even know executive orders existed until Bush Jr.

Why did Rand support Romney? Was Romney not part of the banking pigs picks?

thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Agreed
I can see Rand being positioned as the controlled opposition and becoming the fabricated 'people's choice' for the next election.
A sheep in wolves clothing, another patsy set up by those in control but marketed to the people as their knight in white armour and a grass root nomination, then once in power ............same old same old

I believe this is the plan and has been since the popularity of Ron and the loss of Romney
Rand is a stooge ........another puppet ........in place to give you false hope ........all the signs are there ........just wonder if you fall for it .........or if a legitimate grass root nomination will come about

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wait wait wait.... woah! Isn't this racist?

White Paul.... Black Obama? Anything else need to be said?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

You're lying to yourself if you believe that only Obama has done this. Bush did the same thing numerous times during his term as president, which is why I asked if this new law would revoke those orders as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There appears to be a battle between Patriots and Traitors in America at the current time.

Good for you Rand Paul and Kentucky.
Dont give in to the Traitors.

edit on 20-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

You would prefer our legislators be indiscriminate?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

excellent. He should be president.....He best represents the country.

new topics

top topics

join