It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Weather in Michigan. (Tree Just fell on my house and car)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by mikell

Yeah but it's nice to see so many Michiganders in one thread. We've had a few from just east of us in Canada as well. I just hope everyone stays safe as this passes. My sister in Va Beach said the winds are beginning to roll in there along with some cold weather. It is absolutely freezing here. Feels like the wind chill has dropped back below zero like thismorning. 24 hours ago it was in the 40s. It would be nice to get some more snow though.

Agreed on the snow, two years almost straight now without any real snowfall where we live (Southern Ontario)
It is past odd and now downright spooky not to see snomobiles and skiers anywhere for almost two years.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm from the Frankenmuth area and I miss sledding . Still theyre sayn 3-5 here tonight but I'm close to the lake so we'll get less if any

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm in Flint (kearsley) MI, I was out in the garage around 10:30, 11:00 pm. The wind started gusting, I heard one coming in and it just kept getting louder and stronger. My trash cans started blowing around as this wind kept increasing. I started to wonder if a tornado was approaching(been through 3). Needless to say I had some debris to clean up.

I have been noticing our winters have been quite mild these last three years. I recall winters having 3 to 4 feet of snow on the ground at any given time. With temperatures well below zero. Now we have had 55 degree days in JANUARY!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Yeah, I miss the snow too......now I don't want record snowfalls all at once....but we've only needed to use our snow blower once in the last two winters.

Any of you remember past winters with little to no snow?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

You mean like last year? I live in the metro Detroit are and it snowed twice and melted two days later. Hurt a lot of landscape companies.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Here is a few photos of the aftermath. We've got some serious cleanup to do. At least I'll have plenty of firewood. Just washed the car yesterday too. Also just put new rims and tires on it. Oh well it's just a car.

Wow!Did someone say 65mph winds?Looking at what's left of that monster tree I'd guess the winds had to be much higher than 65 to cause that kind of damage.And as a previous poster said the weather here is quite unpredictable and can be dangerous as USMC's pictures show.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry I missed this thread, no internet at home!
Sorry about your car OP, that's a massive tree!

I was worried about the same thing, as we have 30-40 foot pines right in front of the house, but we got lucky, no damage. The dogs were all nervous due to the wind, and were barking all night. We did lose power at some point, but I slept though it.

I'm a bit north of Lansing.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
funny how science climatologists have been saying for years that due to overall global warming, we are going to be having more dramatic and worse swings in our weather, and yet...that was believed to be a conspirecy by government, and now....all across the globe, people are reporting radical changes of weather, changes that they have never seen. gee...maybe scientists actually knew what they were talking about.....what a shocker!!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It's still just weather. It's been warmer it's been colder it's been drier it's been wetter it's just been weather

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Couldn't agree more, and, according to my grandmother (90's) it's normal for Michigan to go through these. I was asking her about the crazy amount of snow in the 70's compared to now. She said she's been through this lack of snow, before the 70's. And that she prefers it!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
About 81 I bought a new Harley and on Christmas day we rode over 100 milwa because it was 70+ out. It was warmer on Christmas than Easter that winter

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Holy cow people the winds here are out of control. I just had a 200 year old tree shear off and fall onto my house and car. My car is totaled but my house looks ok besides minor damage. I am in southeast Michigan. If you are in the path of these winds take cover. That gust had to have been 70 plus mph. I will post some pics when the sun comes up. Stay safe if you are in this area please.

That sucks. Best wishes, hope it isn't too expensive to put right.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hey man that sucks but MI weather is what it is don't live here if you want perfect sunshine every day. I'm from west MI and it's finally normal winter weather -#loads of lake effect snow and windy as Quaker preacher. Not wild weather, its normal weather, we live in the north the weather sucks; except for 2 weeks every spring and fall, otherwise it's either windy and cold or hot as hell with humidity to match. Don't like it go to Florida- Highway 41 runs all the way there.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7

Hey man that sucks but MI weather is what it is don't live here if you want perfect sunshine every day. I'm from west MI and it's finally normal winter weather -#loads of lake effect snow and windy as Quaker preacher. Not wild weather, its normal weather, we live in the north the weather sucks; except for 2 weeks every spring and fall, otherwise it's either windy and cold or hot as hell with humidity to match. Don't like it go to Florida- Highway 41 runs all the way there.

I have lived here for 26 out of my 30 years of life. I know what Michigan weather is. Yes it fluctuates alot here throughout the year but I would not call what we experienced here the other night normal at all. The only time I have seen winds like the ones we experienced was in tropical storms or hurricanes. I like it just fine here so I will stay thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

I hate to date myself, but I seem to remember a lack of snow in the early and late 60s.....especially 1963-64.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was over in Caro two nights ago and the wind picked up pretty heavy, power going on and off and I even lost cell service until I left Caro on my way back to Mt. Pleasant.

Good old Michigan I guess

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join