It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found something moving in sky images from the Curiosity Rover (NOT overloaded pixels). Sol 154

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Mars has very little atmosphere and is a lot closer to the asteroid belt.

This is a concoction for meteor showers. This is evident by its hole-riddled surface.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Shucks that's where that weather balloon went! In all seriousness nice find, how did you happen upon it?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Check that one off the list, no swamps on mars.

So what else could it be?

Rock from a Martian sling shot?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hmmm, interesting

Maybe lightning in the distance?

The lightning wouldn't look quite like what we see on Earth during a thunderstorm ? "It wouldn't likely be the big lightning bolts," Ruf said, instead it would look more like a glow in the clouds, akin to so-called heat lightning here on Earth.

Source

edit on 21-1-2013 by blackspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It's a chinese lantern! Those things go everywhere!

j/k

Could be dust or some image anomaly. I also thought that Curiosity just like a normal camera should have a rotating lens to clean dust and dirt from it. That maybe could create some artifacts?

I don't know.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
possibly a moon or one of our satellites?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

I was of the thought that it was not 1 meteor, but rather a cluster of them which breifly show a few of them as they hit the atmosphere

A normal meteor moves at a few thousand miles per hour. It is unlikely that the cameras on Curiosity would image a meteor as a solitary body on Mars. It just wouldn't happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Have we been able to figure out movement or what not... This photo is turning out to be a gem unless someone can prove otherwise. Where's phage...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

There is no proof of anything actually being there moving about.... all I see is something which resembles a Star, Planet or Moon...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I thought meteor shower too at first....but no streak and it would have to be 3 different meteors I suppose all in the same area cause that movement seems intelligent if it was just one...

To the OP: nice find mate

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Until another explanation is found, I'm going with Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

I'm not sure if it would be visible from the ground, but it's the best answer I can give, unless it is dust......

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Could very well be a planet (or planets) - they are certainly visible from the Mars surface, i.e.:

spaceports.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing pictures being taken from a satellite orbiting mars, specifically the mars rover and the pictures were so clear you could see the tracks in the Martian soil. Unfortunately I don't remember the link but it's the most logical answer at this point as to what it could be.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you look at other navcam photos from other Sols you can find these little buggers all over the place. Although, they are much easier to pic out against a smooth, light background.

2013-01-10 05:22:11 UTC

This next one rules out planets and satellites, as they are lower than the landscape in the distance.

2013-01-07 07:23:03 UTC

Sometimes they appear dark in color.

2013-01-10 05:24:28 UTC

I can't say for sure what they are, but if you start ruling things out and they appear all over the place, I have to think they are either camera issues or debris of some sort.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ship that carried Curiosity to Mars, it let Curiosity down, and went back to Martian orbyt?
True? Maybe that is?
What captured this video?

There is explanation here:

edit on 21-1-2013 by dragnik because: adding video

edit on 21-1-2013 by dragnik because: adding video

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

You are right and dead pixels appear all the time in those Mars images as I proved in my video
posted on page 2 debunking hoaxer Stephen Hannard and his UFO fiasco. These white an black
dots are not UFOs, there is not proof nor solid evidence these dots are not dead pixels, there is
no way to sustain the statement, this subject has been discussed many times with the same
conclusion: dead pixels. Here are some links explaining in detail the issue.

www.lifeslittlemysteries.com...

www.theblaze.com...

www.thehindubusinessline.com...

By the way, hoaxer Stephen Hannard copied these images from impaired and made a video or
should I say a new fiasco, check the link. Nothing more to comment.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Box of Rain

Money is very limited here but after the 1st better video will be posted that shows the object better. I have to pay to get them dubbed off from VHS to DVD, so just have patience, and you will see a bit of a difference. I am not trying to hold you off it is I just cannot afford the cost until I get my check in here to cover it. Hopefully after you view the new ones you can see what I am talking about.
edit on 21-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

there is not proof nor solid evidence these dots are not dead pixels

I would think that dead pixels would be more consistently in the same spot in stable images taken seconds apart (like the prominent black specs in the images). That, and the fact that they appear all over the place on various Sols is what lead me to believe that these lighter-color specs are dust.

Pretty amusing and/or sad that someone took the time to make a video out of this.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It could be a spot on the camera lens, space junk, Mars moon or Alien (my personal favorite)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
reply to post by Zarniwoop

You are right and dead pixels appear all the time in those Mars images as I proved in my video
posted on page 2 debunking hoaxer Stephen Hannard and his UFO fiasco. These white an black
dots are not UFOs, there is not proof nor solid evidence these dots are not dead pixels, there is
no way to sustain the statement, this subject has been discussed many times with the same
conclusion: dead pixels. Here are some links explaining in detail the issue.

www.lifeslittlemysteries.com...

www.theblaze.com...

www.thehindubusinessline.com...

By the way, hoaxer Stephen Hannard copied these images from impaired and made a video or
should I say a new fiasco, check the link. Nothing more to comment.

www.youtube.com...

Why. Why do you KEEP showing us the same dead pixels from the other camera?

Are you not on the same page?

And UFO:

Unidentified - Check

Flying (In this case) - Check

Object - Check - Object is an object.

I never implied Aliens. Not once.

Are you implying that *I* am implying that they are aliens or a ship?

And once again, will you stop showing "DEAD PIXELS FROM THE MASTCAM"? We are talking about the NavCam - which has dead pixels in other places.

And we already ruled out dead pixels - in the title of the OP nevertheless. You keep showing us something else. I can't figure out if you "get it" or not.
edit on 1/21/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join