It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God deceive people in the Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Where did his old body go then?

So since his body went missing on the third day and then he showed himself with wounds and all still on his body you assume he was in a different body? Did his new body just appear out of nowhere in the tomb then carry his old body somewhere?
edit on 20-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

John 2
19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

This quote implies that Jesus would resurrect within the same body.
edit on 20-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

Actually, it is Muslims who call Allah a deceiver, and not just a deceiver, but the Best of deceivers. Consider the following:

Muslims don't call Allah "the deceiver".
The word in question can be translated as "plotter" or "deceiver". The Christian fundamentalists however choose to use "deceiver"... because it fits their agenda. Even then, we see that God uses deception in the Bible as well, so I don't see the fuss about it.

Muslims understand that God basically out-deceived those who were trying to kill Jesus. I don't see how it is a bad thing at all.

So I don't see in your OP how this is a Christian concept, as by definition, muslims are taught that Allah is The Greatest, The Destroyer, The Destreesor, The Giver of Dishonour, The Most Proud, and The Best of the Deceivers.

When you say "the deceiver", you are only proving my point that its a Christian tactic. No muslim uses the word "deceiver". As for the other names, all those traits match the Biblical account of God. Check the link in my sig.

edit on 21-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you believe he will out-deceive others then how do you know he hasn't out-deceived you? What if Allah isn't god but a man-made construct invented in order to "out-deceive" the people? Since you believe there are powerful people who deceive others then how do you know Allah isn't part of their deception?

A lot of "what ifs".
Anything and everything can be a man-made construct. Here's where faith comes in to play. An understanding of God also helps. Clearly, you and I have 2 different belief systems.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I'll turn your question around on you. If god is omnipotent and knows what babies will be bad and what babies will be good, then why doesn't he kill the bad babies while they are in the womb? If he knows they will be bad people and make the world a worse place and if he truly wanted peace on Earth, then why does he let them do as they please?

Thats an interesting thought actually.
But ultimately its all upto Him. I don't think we are in a position to question His ways.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

That's a lot of "what if's" that you're choosing to ignore. How do you plan on growing as a person if you are so stubbornly set in your ways? Don't you see that that is exactly what Satan would want you to be? Complacent and unwilling to change. The "what if's" you're choosing to ignore are very valid ones. If you choose to ignore them then that's your choice.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Of course not.

If you can't explain it, just say it's god and think you're right then move along never to think any deeper on it. That's so.... complacent-like.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If you can't explain it, just say it's god and think you're right then move along never to think any deeper on it. That's so.... complacent-like.

Saying "I don't know" doesn't mean I'm saying "I'm right".
As far as thinking "deeper" goes, at best I can give you a personal opinion on it....which would be as valid as yours.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If you can't explain it then why not think about it instead of just handing it off to god? That's basically what you're doing, handing the explanation to god and not putting forth the effort to actually think about it yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If you can't explain it then why not think about it instead of just handing it off to god? That's basically what you're doing, handing the explanation to god and not putting forth the effort to actually think about it yourself.

I have thought about it. And all I can give you is guesswork and speculation.
Much like how you gave me guesswork and speculations with your "what if" scenarios.

Because when you say "what if" it implies you are speculating and that yourself don't know the matter.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

So you agree that Allah is a deceiver?

No. God simply out-deceived / ...

You just contradicted yourself.
You admit that Allah is a deceiver and at the same time claim he isn't one.
Do you read what you post?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

they would rather have the messiah tortured and nailed to a cross. Thats who they are. Islam teaches he was saved.

Eyewitness accounts in scripture say he was tortured and killed.
600+ years later, Islam makes up stories taking this away and taking away his god-head.
Gee... what to believe?? hmmm ... eyewitness accounts in scripture OR some dude 600 years
later who has an agenda to make up his own religion and gain political power ....

So, whats your take? Do you believe its right for an innocent man to be killed?

Innocent people are murdered all over the globe ...every day ... just ask the innocent Christians
who are being jailed, tortured, and butchered in Islamic countries ... (simply for not being Muslim).
That's not right .. but it happens.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You admit that Allah is a deceiver and at the same time claim he isn't one.
Do you read what you post?

The same word can be translated as "plotter" and "deceiver". Christians prefer to use, obviously the word "deceiver".

My point is even if "deception" was used... it was used against those trying to harm Jesus.

Did you read the OP?
What about the instances of God deceiving people and sending them delusions in the Bible?

I'd like your take on it.

edit on 22-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Innocent people are murdered all over the globe ...every day ... just ask the innocent Christians
who are being jailed, tortured, and butchered in Islamic countries ... (simply for not being Muslim).
That's not right .. but it happens.

That does not addresses the point about Christian teachings... that an innocent man Jesus had to be killed for the sins of the people. Nice try evading the point.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Eyewitness accounts in scripture say he was tortured and killed.

The same eyewitness accounts that fails to be consistent on as to how Judas died.... and what actually happened at Jesus' tomb?

No thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

That does not addresses the point about Christian teachings... that an innocent man Jesus had to be killed for the sins of the people.

The reason Christians teach that is because .... (drum roll) ... that is exactly what happened. No one is happy about it, but that's the way God chose to do His business. If you don't like it or want to reject it .. that's between you and God.

Nice try evading the point.

I evaded NOTHING. You just don't like the example I gave. You asked is it right for an innocent person to be killed. My response ... of course not. BUT God allows it to happen all the time around the world. Example ... all the innocent Christians who are butchered in Islamic countries simply for being Christian. In the case of Jesus being murdered, God allowed it for a reason. If you don't like the way God does things then take it up with HIM.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The same eyewitness accounts that fails to be consistent on as to how Judas died.... and what actually happened at Jesus' tomb? No thanks.

So, instead of taking eyewitness accounts and getting the basic truth from them ... you instead cling to the stories about Jesus in the Quran that were fabricated 600+ years later. Yeah .. that has soooo much more credibility.

Wanna' talk about consistency and accuracy in so called 'holy books'??
1000 Mistakes and Errors in the Quran
Here. Get started with this. It'll take a while.
Get back to us when you are finished learning about the inconsistency of the Quran.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

you instead cling to the stories about Jesus in the Quran that were fabricated 600+ years later.

You keep bringing up the 600 years thing as if it has any relevance to anything.
Your argument that the bible is truer because its older is an extremely fallacious one.
The Jews probably feel the same way.... that the NT came much after the Torah.

1000 Mistakes and Errors in the Quran
Get back to us when you are finished learning about the inconsistency of the Quran.

1000 mistakes according to some Christian fundamentalist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join