It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Nibiru an Aldrin Cycler?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have read Sitchen's Nibiru theories as have many of you. I am curious for several reasons. First, do the earliest writings of Man refer to alien contact? Is this fact or fiction? Are there facts in these legends we can confirm? I am Cherokee, and our ancient tribal origin story was very hard for me to accept as it refers to ancestors from 'the stars'. I have read Von Danniken with scepticism as well. But the fact remains: the Sumerian clay tablets do describe contact. The geoglyphs do exist. As a former NASA contractor I cannot swallow Nibiru as a 'planet' in the modern sense. As someone posted in another thread, it doesn't make sense. Unless- if we take 'planet' in its literal sense- wanderer- and look at the legend in light of Apollo astronaut Buzz Aldrin's idea of cyclers. Might Nibiru be an interstellar Aldrin/Schroeder cycler? Would've posted on the other thread, but it was shut.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Chakotay]

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think Von Danniken was on to something but he seemed to make alot of correlations and assertions that weren't supported and that hurt his credibility, which is unfortunate really. Had someone with perhaps more of a scientific approach done the same research the theories he proposed might have actually gotten some well deserved and much needed attention. Sitchin has also thrown some interesting stuff out there, but like you said, Nibiru is such a hard concept to swallow it hurts the credibility of his other research, which I think is dead on. Sumerian mythology to me is fascinating. I would be interested in your take on my replies to this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Will look at your replies in a minute, BTW someone is taking all this seriously- Jill Tarter at the SETI Institute, for one. There is a serious proposal to use the Allen Telescope Array for Planetary scanning (radar imaging)! Do a search on 'SETV'.

join