Lastest on radioactive fish in japan

page: 1
10

log in

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Posted this in the Japan section but then I realize the time was less than 24 hours ago, so I thought it might not be widely known yet. Not sure if its breaking, as its not really "news" but its recent and its important. Haven't posted anything in awhile.




posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just knew there was a good reason I dont like fish!!

I wonder how this will affect the japanes, isnt fish a big part of their diet?



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I wonder how this will affect the japanes, isnt fish a big part of their diet?


phys.org...

Japan consumes three-quarters of the global catch of bluefin, a highly prized sushi ingredient known in Japan as "kuro maguro" (black tuna) and dubbed by sushi connoisseurs the "black diamond" because of its scarcity.

I would say so



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How can two lost, Japanese, always find each other?
Geiger Counter!


Hopefully this fish being radioactive will prevent people over-fishing them. World waters are constantly being over-fished, and it’s possible that a decrease in fish consumption (thanks to Fukushima) will prevent too many more of them being fished, thereby enabling them to continue preventing the creation of greenhouse gas methane (from the food fish normally convert into C02).

Worldwide Fukushima has made little impact on fishing since (for one thing) water absorbs radiation better than concrete. Also this fish will only be radioactive because it has eaten food-plankton containing radioactive particles from the plant, and these are likely to be concentrated within only a small area.
Then again: I believe this is an area where Fukushima fear could have a good role to play in getting people to do the right thing i.e. stop eating so many wild fish!



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
How can two lost, Japanese, always find each other?
Geiger Counter!


Hopefully this fish being radioactive will prevent people over-fishing them. World waters are constantly being over-fished, and it’s possible that a decrease in fish consumption (thanks to Fukushima) will prevent too many more of them being fished, thereby enabling them to continue preventing the creation of greenhouse gas methane (from the food fish normally convert into C02).

Worldwide Fukushima has made little impact on fishing since (for one thing) water absorbs radiation better than concrete. Also this fish will only be radioactive because it has eaten food-plankton containing radioactive particles from the plant, and these are likely to be concentrated within only a small area.
Then again: I believe this is an area where Fukushima fear could have a good role to play in getting people to do the right thing i.e. stop eating so many wild fish!


Well,we had some weird things going on with some seals which were basically silenced.
There is a food chain.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been awhile since I have checked into it.
edit on 19-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Japanese are going to have glowing eyes and we will be calling them angels or gods.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Maybe its time for ALL fishing boats worldwide to be fitted with geiger counters. Also, the counters should send an alert to shore when triggered so that the boat can be prevented from selling its fish untill its been checked out.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I just knew there was a good reason I dont like fish!!

I wonder how this will affect the japanes, isnt fish a big part of their diet?


I love shrimp,but because of the gulf oil spill,I am cautious on where my shrimp come from.
Back in South Carolina I was a shrimping fool.
Wish I was back down there,but,I'm not.
I look for the farm shrimp .

To many pollutants in the oceans today.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   


A rockfish caught in the port of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant was found to have radioactive cesium 2,540 times the government's safety standard for foodstuffs,


While the levels are alarming, this is probably the current 'worst case scenario' due to the type of fish and the location it was caught at.

Rockfish are bottom dwellers and seldom move unless ambushing prey and as such, they would be prime candidates for gauging pollution from fallout in and around Fukushima harbor.

This would be a prime opportunity to collect samples of Rockfish around the pacific rim and compare Cesium readings with those found in Rockfish from Fukushima harbor.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Virole
 




cesium 2,540 times the government's safety standard for foodstuffs, Tokyo Electric Power Co., the plant operator, said Jan. 18. Caught in December, the rockfish had a reading of 254,000 becquerels per kilogram, the largest reading found in seafood since the nuclear disaster of March 2011.



When 1 reads this data and thinks about how these creatures are being ingested by the population both Local and international it makes 1 think what is on the minds of many. Its a logical suggestion to assume the aquatic life in that region are damage for a very long time.

1 feels nature shows signs and also protects... When viewing how the giant jellyfish are pluming in smaller sizes but larger numbers destroying the sea food they encounter in that region 1 wonders is nature saying no longer are you to eat from this region of sea MAN... its hurting already and needs to recover SAD
to think deeply of the effects of that stuff and the BP OIL just mixing along with other stuff in the oceans making for a somewhat chemical stew that secondly is being eaten from?? What is on the minds of many....

Its a sad reminder of the seriousness of what is going on genetically to the Flora and Fauna life on EA*RTH over there in JAPAN and its extremely sad that MORE help yes more help hasn't went into Really looking into how this situation WILL Effect the globe life and how shall it be tackled.

1 keeps a view that the glass is being filled on the overall outlook of things but this is a serious reminder possibly to the fishermen and ingesters of these creatures.

1z heart and vibrations are still focused for the people of Japan and of EA*RTH for this....

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******
edit on 1/19/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I just wish we could call a moratorium on fishing for at least five years. Let them repopulate and let the infected fish die off. This is a huge health disaster. Fish swim..........to a local fishmart near you!



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I just knew there was a good reason I dont like fish!!

I wonder how this will affect the japanes, isnt fish a big part of their diet?


I love shrimp,but because of the gulf oil spill,I am cautious on where my shrimp come from.
Back in South Carolina I was a shrimping fool.
Wish I was back down there,but,I'm not.
I look for the farm shrimp .

To many pollutants in the oceans today.



Hate fish but shrimp, could eat them till they come out of my ears. I used to do a bit of shrimping, pushing the net...too old now though



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Im thinking with this report maybe this is the reason Japan has been stepping up there fishing near China and China has been pushing them out.

www.nytimes.com...



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by speeddr2000
Im thinking with this report maybe this is the reason Japan has been stepping up there fishing near China and China has been pushing them out.

www.nytimes.com...


Good point. I forgot all about the islands disputes.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
I just wish we could call a moratorium on fishing for at least five years. Let them repopulate and let the infected fish die off. This is a huge health disaster. Fish swim..........to a local fishmart near you!


Unfortunately, that will not remove the fallout from the environment nor the ecosystems contained within.

Once in the environment, it will run its course lasting many times its half-life until it has broken down in to stable elements. All that can be done is at the reactors themselves.



Firstly, the reactor must be repaired or at the very least isolated to minimise damage to the environment.

This should have been done immediately after the initial incident. Dykes on the ocean side of the site and deep trenches completely around the reactors.

Any good engineer could have solved this problem a year ago and already be finished cleanup/decontamination.

Instead, we have TEPCO and the Japanese government wallowing in paperwork because no one wants to foot the bill.

Personally, I think this has shown the world the true nature of Japanese people. All smiles whilst making a tidy profit, but zero accountability when the fallout hits the fan.



posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982
 


I never really liked fish from the ocean/bay/gulf, I have always preferred farmed myself. Plus all the mercury there is in the ones from fresh/salt water in this eastern side we have high mercury levels in the seafare, always have. Just to let ya know. If your near the east coast.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by kdog1982
 


I never really liked fish from the ocean/bay/gulf, I have always preferred farmed myself. Plus all the mercury there is in the ones from fresh/salt water in this eastern side we have high mercury levels in the seafare, always have. Just to let ya know. If your near the east coast.


When I lived on the east coast,mind you,that was at least 13 years ago.
Up in the marshes when we got tags to shrimp fish with laying out poles ,it was good eating.
That was around Charleston,SC.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
hello i am new to ats and checking things out. my brother is druid42.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Stock up on those iodine tablets now... If you plan on eating any seafood these days, it may be necessary. I never liked the stuff anyhow.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is an important topic. I have been reading ENENEWS every day since the 311 nuclear man-made catastrophe / disaster. I have been taking iodine supplements ever since 311 and not believing what the news says. I remember when President Obama said that no radiation will affect the US. :Yeah, Obama the science expert. Ha. But anyway, now every time I think to buy fish, I try to buy Atlantic Ocean caught fish. Most of the labels say its all from China. It makes it really hard and I rarely buy fish at all now. As others mention on ATS, the Gulf of Mexico is contaminated with oil. So I buy less shrimp, or none at all. What the heck? Making an informed choice means buying fish from another planet. I am so happy there is / was water on Mars. Maybe, we can dig up some fish that's not contaminated if the Mars equipment is so equipped in the future. Makes me wonder why everyone is so afraid that Iran will get nuclear. What are we afraid of, that maybe they wont be, ahem, responsible with it?





new topics
top topics
 
10

log in

join