I can't tell if I'm beginning to lose my faith in humanity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I can't meet a woman to save my life, or continue a conversation (intelligently) with another woman
to save my life. I try, and I try. I approach women.

I talk to people about the economy, and I continue to get for the most part, brash accusations
about absolutely everything and little to no time to make a valid argument

I don't hear statistics anymore. I don't see a majority of people giving out receipts. And I certainly
don't want to sit beside another person on the bus anymore that's talking about Gossip Girl
for the tenth time in the last minute.

I'm getting really tired of having to leave my house and talk to people. And I don't think
this is my problem

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

I think most of us go through this feeling at some point or another. We just get bored with our surroundings and can't find joy in anything.

That's why it's important to try new things and find new surroundings to keep yourself interested; learn new skills, get involved in new hobbies, try physical activities you've never done before. You will find a new appreciation in things and probably will meet some new people along the way.

I'm not sure what to tell you about meeting women though. I haven't been able to crack that code either. I just can't seem to interest anybody or find an interest in anybody either.

I think I know what you're feeling--but don't lose faith in yourself or in humanity. All it takes is a small change in perspective to see how beautiful it all is.
edit on 19-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It's just the changing of the times. Traditional courtships and marriage are fading. A lot of us women are more independent in Western nations and are not into relationships as much as our fore mothers. So it's NOT you, it's NOT humanity. It's just that we are living in a different era than in the past. It's actually okay to be single now. It's sort of the new thing.

It's okay man. You're fine.
edit on 19-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The thing is... humans and - their world - is so sick... those who realize its condition ends up just as sick: in a way defined as sick by the sickness itself
edit on 19-1-2013 by iamdavid because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-1-2013 by iamdavid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Tell me how it's me because women have decided to become more "independent" and ignore men
and their intellect which is sometimes superior to theirs? No quams against women, but to ignore me
outright when I'm making signaling motions at you, is just bizarre. It constantly happens.

I'm not a bad looking guy, I don't think so. I have 100% certainty this isn't my fault.

In 1984, the main character longed to wrap his arms around a woman's waist.

This is unreal. I have to live in space. I can't stay here if I'm not PM. Or if I can't be recognized
on the stage of intellect in some field or other. I'm being very serious. I understand I have to
contribute, but I can't because I haven't had the energy to create a derivative product which
would infiltrate the privacy of citizens.

edit on 19-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman
I can't meet a woman to save my life, or continue a conversation (intelligently) with another woman
to save my life. I try, and I try. I approach women.

I talk to people about the economy, and I continue to get for the most part, brash accusations
about absolutely everything and little to no time to make a valid argument

I don't hear statistics anymore. I don't see a majority of people giving out receipts. And I certainly
don't want to sit beside another person on the bus anymore that's talking about Gossip Girl
for the tenth time in the last minute.

I'm getting really tired of having to leave my house and talk to people. And I don't think
this is my problem

Agreed with everything... it sucks, huh?

I've now limited my interaction to women that have graduated or currently attend college. I swear, they're the only ones that I find any interest in these days. Even with that said, I then run into activist types, or incredibly indoctrinated individuals in which barriers are seemingly more prevalent.

I'm starting to go back women who live a more simple life. I've always enjoyed the KISS method, no pun intended. Keep It Simple Stupid. Avoid the 'in depth' and philosophical conversations, because all they do is create division. If that makes sense... Just have to look past a lot of things, which can be difficult. But in doing so, you're not limiting yourself to finding happiness.

edit on 19-1-2013 by retirednature because: sp

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

I can't. I can't do it. I'm like Aaron Schwartz. I know this sounds stupid but it's not.

He understands freedom. He understands that there's only so much you can have,
and to be quite frank with you, there's only so much I can have.

I don't have the patience to sit around any longer and wait for the economy to go belly up again
and for more rights and liberties to be taken away. I certainly don't have the social skills
apparently to meet women, so I am basically useless and undesirable to society.

If society was prevalent enough in regulating the myriad of niche variables that exist to accommodate
individuals such as myself, then perhaps I wouldn't feel this way.

I've felt this way for a long time. My mother, my father. Neither of them exist. I can't find
my brother or sister, and my family is low brow and considers me an "external family member."

I just wanted a certain life style in this society, and it isn't a lot to demand. And on top of that,
eventually I asked god if I could become Prime Minister. And nobody gives a F*k about me becoming
PM. It's very apparent I have no voice in society.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

In regards to the whole woman issue..its not your fault...i find that roughly 80% of the female species lacks a certain logic or common sense function...most of the time its overwritten by emotions and basic instincts...contrary to popular belief the female species is very simple and basic mentally...the only thing complicated about them is their emotions...not their mental capacity..

Sorry ladies...the truth hurts

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

In regards to the whole woman issue..its not your fault...i find that roughly 80% of the female species lacks a certain logic or common sense function...most of the time its overwritten by emotions and basic instincts...contrary to popular belief the female species is very simple and basic mentally...the only thing complicated about them is their emotions...not their mental capacity..

Sorry ladies...the truth hurts

And what "logic or common sense function" are you talking about ? The desire to cook and clean up after a man ? The desire to scrub poop stains out of our husbands tidy whites and be a sex slave / birthing center to someone who is unworthy of having a lineage?

You are flat out delusional, sir.

And sexist to boot.
edit on 19-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Seek legitimate psychological help.

If you study my background, you'll understand that I do not say this lightly.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

No. I don't think you get it. It stems much deeper than just existing in the material realm. And the rhetoric that I'm advocating for, is not only paranormal, but it's a common theme between all conversations that
delve deeper than any surface rhetoric. It's scary, and incredible. And it's the full understanding that you are connected to god and to get to know god, you must fully experience him in all forms and understanding.

Men, and women like you and I. My age, 22 and your age, late 20's maybe; were looking up at the
sky and the galaxy and thinking "this is god." at Woodstock in New York. Don't do this to me.

You know this is true. So do many adults and news reporters and hippies and politicians. And if I was
given the attention that I deserve to address this issue on a national scale I believe that
we can really begin to address not only gun control but substance control in North America.
edit on 20-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I do get it - more than you'll ever understand.

Again, seek professional help, a statement I do not say lightly.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

well what does your issue of not being able to pick up a chick have to do with faith in humanity?

sheesh

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Because I'm intelligent. Confident. Attractive. And clever. And if I had a girlfriend
it would probably make my life a lot more adventurous. Which is exactly what I am.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Tell me then. Tell all of us. What "it" is.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I'll tell you The Secret.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well I believe it's a Nazi-Royal British Criminal Organization but that's just my theory.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

"It", for you, is CBT or zopiclone.

Edit: on the advice of a medical professional, obviously.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman

Because I'm intelligent. Confident. Attractive. And clever. And if I had a girlfriend
it would probably make my life a lot more adventurous. Which is exactly what I am.

ok well try breaking it down, cos if you are intelligent, confident, attractive and clever - what the hell could be the reason for you failure to secure a date?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I'd try the library, but most of the time the girls are rushing around or they just aren't near me.

If they are, like I said, they have no idea what I'm talking about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join