It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 hurt in shootings at gun shows in Ohio, Ind., NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
hi all

I posted a thread about the NC one then I saw this .But it wouldnt let me edit the op even though its only been 2 hours or so? so I just posted this one too.. deal with it lol
hosted.ap.org...

MEDINA, Ohio (AP) -- Accidental shootings at gun shows in North Carolina, Indiana and Ohio left five people injured Saturday.

At the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, a 12-gauge shotgun discharged as its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check at a security entrance, injuring three people, state Agriculture Department spokesman Brian Long said.

more about the other two incidents at the link

]
edit on 19-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
I saw this and though it was funny..

I don't like guns at all, but I don't see what's so funny about this. It's ironic, sure. But gun-related injuries just don't seem very funny to me ever...not even when it's an NRA member shooting himself in the foot during a gun safety lecture. Nope, not funny

edit on 19-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

ok to clarify I meant because the other thread was talkin about, "has this happened before" alot ..

not funny that people got shot at all....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am firmly against all guns in every country unless they are for hunting with a legally obtained permit.

Yet i still struggle to see how this is funny that 5 people were injured by them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
I am firmly against all guns in every country unless they are for hunting with a legally obtained permit.

Yet i still struggle to see how this is funny that 5 people were injured by them.

lol ok Im editing the op

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I just saw your other thread on this. Yeah, you probably should have just updated it instead of making this new one. It's a possibility this one will be closed because it is a repeat thread. Here is the original for anybody interested: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

yeah I tried to just edit that one but it said 4 hours had passed?? 4 hours still hasnt passed and I still cant edit it

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

yeah I tried to just edit that one but it said 4 hours had passed?? 4 hours still hasnt passed and I still cant edit it

Yeah, I don't know why it says 4 hours, because you ALWAYS only have 2 hours to edit any post. But there was nothing stopping you from just replying to your own thread with updated information. Just a personal pet peeve of mine and nothing more..

Anyhow, I'm not sure what's worse--being injured by a gun on accident or on purpose. I'm off to go figure that one out now.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

i am shocked that 4 people display such utter stupidity and lack of basic firearms awareness

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Inanimate objects don't shoot people.

This is a lie made up by obama so that he can sign off on taking your weapons. I doubt there was even a real gun show. I've read the article and it doesn't sit right.

And if you don't agree then you're a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

ok to clarify I meant because the other thread was talkin about, "has this happened before" alot ..

not funny that people got shot at all....

Really? Not funny?

Would it be funny if a couple of hippie activists fell out of the tree they were trying to save?

Of course these idiots are hurting themselves with dangerous weapons, why is anyone surprised?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I have been tracking this for a few hours. So far the only official reports are of one accident involving 2 people. The other reports may be true but i'm looking for official reports and not the fringe sites i found so far. We all knew there would be a few accidents just look at the thread i posted this morning. It was predicted common sense tells you that when so many people get together there will be some things that were not meant to happen.Everyone in attendance knew and i don't see any lawsuits or charges filed from the gathering today.

There was no malicious intent in the gatherings today. If anyone thinks that gun owners are waiting for you to save them from themselves then you are wrong. Let them be!
edit on 19-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

www.youtube.com...

this is a "highly trained" police officer giving a public service lesson at a school he then promptly shots him self with a glock after saying he was the only officer cleared to carry such a weapon.....then after shooting him self (and ill give him this he played it off well) when he asks for another fire arm the school children all start screaming "no dont" so in response to your statement accidents happen

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Nice!!!
Where was this?
Fyi his is a thread about 1-19-2013 gun appreciation day in america.
Great vid but far from today's subject.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

This is a lie made up by obama so that he can sign off on taking your weapons.

Really? Obama made that up? Did he also have a time machine, because I've been hearing that idiotic claim for about 30 years.

I also remember when Bill Clinton was going to take everyone's guns away. That didn't happen, though the NRA and gun and ammo companies made huge amounts of money as a result of those claims.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

This is a lie made up by obama so that he can sign off on taking your weapons. I doubt there was even a real gun show. I've read the article and it doesn't sit right.

And if you don't agree then you're a terrorist.

You forgot Racist or/and Nazi.

But the first thing I thought today is that these stories didn't sit right with me either. There are gun shows all the time. Every week even, across the US and all of a sudden we have this in one day?

edit on 19-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

join