It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a picture says a thousand words.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The gun control arguments and statistics can be posted and argued for a million years. Words are messy so I hope this series of pictures makes a point with someone. For if just one person sees the irony and understands, it was worth the ten minutes to make this thread.

Before Gunpowder

After Gunpowder

Before People

edit on 19-1-2013 by Mamatus because: correting images.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
its the same location?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It doesnt have to be, the sad part is that we could still keep the world like picture 3 if we were much more careful about our advancement. Alien races have learned that to advance more quickly causes much more harm then good. We will soon find out also.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012

It doesnt have to be, the sad part is that we could still keep the world like picture 3 if we were much more careful about our advancement. Alien races have learned that to advance more quickly causes much more harm then good. We will soon find out also.

Got a link so we can see the state of advancement you're referring to with those Alien races?

Sorry.. had to ask. I just couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'd like to add another picture... And another perspective

The Drone Pilot:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don't really get what it has to do with guns....

If anything it was the steam engine and other technologies that destroyed the environment. Guns kill people, and people kill the environment. People don't go around shooting the ground with their guns. So isn't something that lowers the number of people on the planet a good thing for the environment?

I feel like you're making a good argument for more guns though. Get humans off this blessed planet.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Alien races have learned that to advance more quickly causes much more harm then good.

Got a link so we can see the state of advancement you're referring to with those Alien races?

Sorry.. had to ask. I just couldn't resist.

I'm glad someone said it. That comment he said made me laugh pretty hard. I figured I should just skip it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its common sense, with the rate we are advancing right now it is far too fast. Some alien races have space ships (younger ones) while other races have extra dimensional ships(much older ones) with the rate that we are advancing right now i could see us developing UFO type vehicles within 100-200 years. That is exponentially faster then some of our galactic counterparts, but then again look at how fast our planet is deterriating while theirs are fine.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Look, you're probably right. But you have no way of knowing for sure.
It's pretty funny how you're saying it so matter-of-factly.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Who said i have no way of knowing for sure? Im known as the kid who the lights visit around town.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I don't really get what it has to do with guns....

If anything it was the steam engine and other technologies that destroyed the environment. Guns kill people, and people kill the environment. People don't go around shooting the ground with their guns. So isn't something that lowers the number of people on the planet a good thing for the environment?

I feel like you're making a good argument for more guns though. Get humans off this blessed planet.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Okay, not simple enough, more words needed. It matters not whether we ban guns, assault rifles or 30 round clips. If all the guns were magically gone overnight humans will continue to kill each other.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Ghost375

Who said i have no way of knowing for sure? Im known as the kid who the lights visit around town.

This explains a lot

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
so...
who took the 'Before People' photo?

new topics

top topics

join