It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Senior Commander: 'US planned 9/11 attacks to attack Middle East'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

A senior Iranian commander says the United States planned the 9/11 terrorist attacks to use them as pretext to invade the energy-rich Middle East.

“The US, looking for a pretext to invade the Middle East, masterminded the 9/11 incident and pointed an accusing finger at Muslim countries,” Commander of the Iranian Army Ground Forces Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan said on Saturday.

www.presstv.ir...

After all that we ourselves have been through investigating this mess, you just really have to wonder if this could in fact be true. Or partially true. But even if it isn't true, why would a senior Iranian commander go before the world and say this?

Oh, you mean to increase anti-US government sentiment? There's plenty of that already.

Oh, to increase the already increasing grassroots rumble of dissatisfaction amongst the US citizenry with their government who has spent us into oblivion, for what? Gee, thanks for the help.

Oh, to increase awareness among the world of just what a hypocritical, warmongering country this is? The Afghans and Iraqis are quite well aware of this by now.

Maybe just maybe: because it is true.

(EDIT: WARNING. Again, before you reply to ANY post in here, I want to remind you of the extreme scrutiny the ATS staff has put on this forum. Don't risk your account over a minor infraction by personally attacking other people. Not even a little bit, or by innuendo.)
edit on Sat Jan 19th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
No, the US did not mastermind 911. That would be MOSSAD. What the US government is guilty of is compliance. Zionist Jews rule the world!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

A Senior Iranian commander speaking bad about the US??? Shocking.....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yep, we sure are getting a ton of oil from Afghanistan and Iraq! If we wanted oil, shouldn't we have invaded Canada or Mexico? mobile.reuters.com...

:
edit on 19-1-2013 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
No, the US did not mastermind 911. That would be MOSSAD.

Only the 2nd post and the "blame the jews for everything" posters are here already!

Just why do you think an Iranian General should be believed? Where is his evidence....
edit on 19-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by hellobruce

The fact is there is so much left to speculation that the 9/11 Commission did not adequately address (or at all, in the case of WTC7).

We've all seen the documentaries as to how the official story is flawed, and the oversights and the failures on the part of the govt. that day (NORAD's 100% interception rate prior to 9/11, where it failed 4 times in one day) are so heinous they couldn't possibly be unintentional.

Without speculation on any involvement of Israel, there is enough disclosure lacking to conclude the U.S Government was at least complicit, if not culpable for the collapse and subsequent loss of life on 9/11.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I wish i could remember where im paraphrasing from but...

If the US didnt plan 9/11 for a pretext for war... It would be the exception to the rule.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

I almost laughed when I read that, but held it back out of respect for the families of the victims of 9/11.

Man, but you are unfortunately stating was seems to be true.

I just keep wondering how long it's going to be before Iran and Russia and China, et al, start funding covert operations to incite the public here for a "regime change" or civil war. Payback is a bitch.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Because of the presence of Osama Bin Laden and other senior al-Qaeda figures and because of links between 9/11 hijackers and terrorist training camps in Afghanistan that country was an obvious focus for US wrath.

So far as oil is concerned Afghanistan's reserves were largely unexplored and untapped in 2001. That is still pretty much the situation except that China has now made a deal with Kabul for some exploration and extraction.

The US, as far as I can see, has never even made a bid to be involved in Afghan oil extraction and is committed to leaving by 2014 so the idea that the invasion was engineered for oil just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Id say, Iran wanted to be on record as making sure the history books remember that there were nations who openly expressed the 'majority' opinion of 9/11.

Obviously, Fox news and Bill O'rielly will go on the record as lambasting Iran saying they are crazy crackpots.

however, people know the truth, you'll never change the reality of 911.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
The US, as far as I can see, has never even made a bid to be involved in Afghan oil extraction and is committed to leaving by 2014 so the idea that the invasion was engineered for oil just doesn't make any sense.

Interesting. I love the way you left out the multi billion contracts ExxonMobile has in Iraq.

www.oilreview.me...

Make any sense now?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

What has Iraq got to do with it ? 9/11 was 2001 and the invasion of Iraq was in 2003. It was based on failure to adhere to UN resolutions and failure to fully co-operate with weapons inspectors.

If 9/11 was some dastardly US plot to invade Iraq don't you think the invasion would have come sooner and that there would have been at least one or two Iraqi hi-jackers instead of none ?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

No, because it would have been far to obvious. Also, going in straight away would of shown that there was substantial preparations done in regards to invading Iraq, BEFORE 911.

I'm sorry, but when you look at Iran, North Korea, Syria the concept that we went into Iraq because of UN Resolutions is absolutely BUNK!

Also, Consider that the UN's chief weapons investigators all claimed that Iraq in no way had any WMD's or any means to create and maintain them.

Also, Bush is on records as having said that he planned to go into Iraq BEFORE he was even elected, considering that Rumsfeld is also on record as stating the US intel agencies should focus on IRAQ after 911 says to me your either very young and very uneducated on the facts surrounding 911 or Iraq, or you willingly play the naive dumb card to try and further put doubt on the 'reality' of the situation in the middle east.

Sorry to say!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I think it is very likely that Bush junior had an ambition to topple Sadam Hussein even before taking office. Perhaps felt it was unfinished business from his father's time and there is evidence that Sadam tried to kill his father.

If that is so and 9/11 was an administration plot to facilitate that why were all the links to al Qaeda and Afghanistan and maybe Saudi and Pakistan but not at all to Iraq ?

The allegation makes no sense. A murderous and highly complex plot is carried out which completely fingers the wrong country. If anything, 9/11 was an unwanted distraction away from Sadam Hussein and Iraq.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
or

that's what they want us to believe !!!!!!

c'mon this is a conspiracy site !

everything is a lie !

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Iranian Senior Commander: 'US planned 9/11 attacks to attack Middle East'

Yeah okay ... coming from a 'Senior Iranian Commander' ...
Like everyone else, he has his own agenda. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ... and sometimes a radical Islamic terrorist is just a radical Islamic terrorist.

The two 911 conspiracy aspects that are pretty much 'in your face' ...

1 - Bush43 flew UBLs family out of the USA very quickly after the attacks.
2 - Israel was delighted that the USA got nailed and therefore would help fight it's enemies.

But to say that the USA planned 9/11?? Seriously .. I don't think Bush43 could have pulled it off.
He didn't turn out to be the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree .. ya' know??

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The truth behind 9/11 is about to be publicly revealed,and after that the destiny of mankind will be changed for the years to come...This will be remembered in history as the most gruesome act against humanity orchestrated by a group of people and accompanied by a corrupted government, ever.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

If 9/11 was some dastardly US plot to invade Iraq don't you think the invasion would have come sooner and that there would have been at least one or two Iraqi hi-jackers instead of none ?

And yet, most of the hijackers were Saudis ......so the U.S. invades Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Yes, but the idea wasnt to finger 'Iraq', it was to finger 'fanatical muslim nations/groups' such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Syria, Iran....

Iraq was chosen first because the architects of Gulf war 1 knew they had isolated and contained Iraq for 10yrs and saddam had no usable weapons, defence, troops. They knew fullwell Iraq would be a cake walk. Its also smack bang in the middle of the region with access via land borders and sea. Also, it has a vast (2nd largest) oil supply for its crooked corporations. Iraq was THE PERFECT staging place for the decade long intervention into the ME!

What GW didnt expect was the stiff resistence and IED plague. He didnt expect Iran and AlSadr to setup shop so easily. He didnt expect Katrina... It stalled and got delayed but its most definately still in operation!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
The truth behind 9/11 is about to be publicly revealed,and after that the destiny of mankind will be changed for the years to come...This will be remembered in history as the most gruesome act against humanity orchestrated by a group of people and accompanied by a corrupted government, ever.

That sounds just like that 2012 stuff.
More unfounded statements based in myth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join