It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge in Bradley Manning trial just tweeted: "All of you need to know the truth" (unconfirmed)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Oh that's definitely the case. If you hold a clearance, whether Confidential, Secret, Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI, you are bound by legal contracts to never divulge what you know. Some cases are the exception, like former clearance holders writing a book and having the Pentagon green light or red light it for publish, but in the case of Manning he took military classified material and leaked it to a foreign civilian. Leaking military classified info to a foreign civilian is about as bad as it gets in the intel world. He knew when he leaked that info he knew was going to military prison for the rest of his life. He knew he wasn't gonna get away with it and looking back on it he probably could have taken a different path that would have kept him out of prison, but clearly leaking it to the public made a much bigger impact then any other path he would have chosen.

I have a problem with that way of thinking....Look at the women whom worked for Defense contractors whom were raped by their fellow employees and tried to do the right thing by reporting it!!!! Look at Dyncorp and the former lady police officer who worked for them that reported child trafficking and prostitution, (I can't remember her name) whom the government basically told to shut up....I mean, I could go on and on with examples of whistle blowers who were treated like criminals by the US government.

Where does this nonsense end? Perhaps Private Manning didn't go about it in the right way, but would he even be alive today if he did?????

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

If he, or you, thinks the current US Gov't/military is concern about upholding and protecting the US Constitution you'd all be fooling yourselves. There are military folk who do believe in the Constitution but when the order comes to invade Iraq military members do as they are told. I can't recall any case of any high ranking officer of any branch of the military in recent times refusing an order because they find it unconstitutional or calling for justice after learning such an act was completely unconstitutional, and of course the same goes for these corrupt politicians (save the Pauls & friends). The US Gov't and military participates in unconstitutional acts all the time.

So anyone thinking the US Constitution is gonna protect them in this world is a tad bit naive. Hell, Obama's 2012 NDAA stating he can detain Americans indefinitely without a trial was founded unconstitutional by a NY federal judge but a couple weeks later Obama's lawyer found another federal judge to over turn it.

So there ya go, the US Constitution protects no one.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I dunno what you're talking about women being rape or child trafficking but as far as I am concerned that has nothing to do with military intelligence. I worked in military intel from 2001- 2006 so I'm just relaying to you all how it works. So women being raped I doubt is classified military intelligence.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So there ya go, the US Constitution protects no one.

Sadly and reluctantly, I have to agree...............

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The idea of Bradley Manning being a "whistleblower" is a red herring anyway. He was a disaffected soldier who wanted to hurt the United States government, so he leaked a very large, indiscriminate collection of classified information detailing countless legal activities of the United States and third parties, many in vulnerable positions. That kind of careless disregard for others' well-being is only found in the most negligent or sadistic personalities--not in supposed "whistleblowers" wrestling with deep questions of conscience and duty. The man is an amoral, self-centered twerp, and it is unfortunate that he has drawn so many others into his vortex of ego.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Im pretty sure hes being court marshaled right?

link   

And this is why the American people need to come together to cleanse DC of these immoral and corrupt politicians and their friends. Otherwise, we're clearly going to continue going down the road of tyranny and it's only going to get worse.

link   
This whole national security thing has been high-jacked from it's original intention of making sure that enemies of the state could not learn our strengths or weaknesses. Today, it appears that the American people are the enemies of the state, as we are the ONLY ones not privy to the information!

link   
reply to post by Swills

I dunno what you're talking about women being rape or child trafficking but as far as I am concerned that has nothing to do with military intelligence. I worked in military intel from 2001- 2006 so I'm just relaying to you all how it works. So women being raped I doubt is classified military intelligence.

But does it not show precedence in how the US government covers up crimes??? I could care less whether it is considered classified! The government serves the people and not the other way around as you are presenting it!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

We all have our opinions but I doubt Manning would risk going to military prison for the rest of his life because he was mad at the US Gov't.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Of course the US Gov't commits crimes and covers it up, or in many cases, they are caught red handed but no one is ever held accountable. Either way, I'm talking to you all from a former military member's point of view via the intelligence world.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Of course the US Gov't commits crimes and covers it up, or in many cases, they are caught red handed but no one is ever held accountable. Either way, I'm talking to you all from a former military member's point of view via the intelligence world.

And I am speaking to you as a former military person who took and oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America as did you! Look at Fast and Furious, a group is sueing under the freedom of information act for documents over that fiasco, and our current administration is fighting over whether or not "the people" have a right to see that information! Now I hardly consider that as a matter of National Security! It is nothing more than a matter of our corrupt government trying to keep the truth from it's citizens on how corrupt their elected officials actually are! Just as the information that Manning released, "WE THE PEOPLE" have a right to know WTF our government is up to!
edit on 19-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

Maybe she created the account to let this information out?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
interesting if authentic, tiresome if fake. i await further information.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thank you for point this out.

OK, I was not aware of that tweet. Thank, I have now favorited and re-tweeted her. Along with replying to her.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There ya go, we both took an oath but truth be told we violated such oaths, whether we knew it or not. I remember going to war with Iraq wondering why. At the time I was apart of a command keeping a watchful eye on the Middle East and Iraq was barely on the radar but according the media and DC we were going to invade. It made no sense to me at the time and a few folks on the watch floor were dead set against going to war but when the order came we dropped everything to support it.

That said, I agree our Gov't is unjust, immoral, corrupt, and completely lawless or as it really is, above the law. It should come as no surprise the Gov't and Holder are doing their best to keep Operation Fast & Furious/Gun runner under wraps. And even if the documents are released I don't expect anyone to be brought to justice.

Let's look at 9/11. If we are to believe the Official Story then the reason it occurred was because our Gov't was completely irresponsible and incompetent but did anyone get fired, suspended, or even written up? Nope. One of the worst days in US history and no one was held accountable, save the OBL and his silly gang of terrorists.

The US is a joke and unless the majority of its citizens and military members realize this and make a change this nonsense will continue.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Now I can firmly establish that you and I are on the same page my friend!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Oh without a doubt, I am not defending the Gov't or it's practices but really just relaying how it operates from the intelligence perspective when discussing Manning and what he did.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

No problem. Be weary though, im still thinking this isn't real... too good to be true.

If you find anything with it being fake/real post it asap.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This just got more interesting. that blue checkmark is twitters way of verifying that twitter account belongs to the judge. doesn't mean its real though but definitely made it more interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join