It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America and you - The reason why today we are so controlled and the past we had the power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Electronics

Thats right, things such as cellphones, computers, and video games. Before these things came about people actually stood up for there rights and we actually had control. When we let these machines be built we let them enslave us. Why do you think other countries are able to break free but not America? because they don't have as many electronics as we have. Thing is we can't just turn off them either because they've become part of our lives and unless something like a worldwide black out happened we will always be enslaved til we die. I honestly think the reason for some movies and shows though about war and rebelling is to help us realize we need to get rid of this stuff but we just let ourselves go so much. I don't think I need proof of what I am saying because hey look where we are right now, on a forum on a computer/cellphone/tv all the things that I have mentioned. It really is sad that we let ourselves be controlled. I think that they themselves are controlled by it though because even they use the stuff that they asked be created. I'm not sure if this kind of thread has ever been created and if it has well I felt the need to bring it back up because I don't think people realize it enough just how much they are being controlled. I would say if you can go out now and sell all your electronics and not go back to it then good for you but I have tried myself and failed. 3 months ago I sold every thing that I had that had to do with electronics but because everyone else in my house had a TV still or computer it brought me back in and I was controlled again. I wish it wasn't true but we are all being controlled and we can not escape it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
First off. Please break your op up into seperate paragraphs. It is very hard to read as is. Second electronics help us to circumvent the lies told to us by our media. Even if it is print, with only few sources of information you could never know that the information you are getting is true or not. Electronics give a wide source of information at our fingertips and allow us to control the news we went to see and learn about.

Which contries that don't have many electronics are doing better than us? I'd really like to know because all the ones I can think of are 2nd and 3rd world countries and we certainly aren't either of those. The countries that I can think of that are doing better than us all have about the same level of tech that we have. So again which countries are you talkin ng about?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
First off. Please break your op up into seperate paragraphs. It is very hard to read as is. Second electronics help us to circumvent the lies told to us by our media. Even if it is print, with only few sources of information you could never know that the information you are getting is true or not. Electronics give a wide source of information at our fingertips and allow us to control the news we went to see and learn about.

Which contries that don't have many electronics are doing better than us? I'd really like to know because all the ones I can think of are 2nd and 3rd world countries and we certainly aren't either of those. The countries that I can think of that are doing better than us all have about the same level of tech that we have. So again which countries are you talkin ng about?

Sure it gives a wide source of information but would you rather have information while being controlled or actually fight the battle head on with false information that no matter what you still actually did something rather then sitting behind a computer or TV saying "i'm sure someone will stand up do something" then no one does because everyone is thinking the same thing cause we're all controlled. That is the point i'm making. I for one would rather fight a battle with possible false information like in the old days but because of todays technology I can't.

They want us to not fight back and stand up for ourselves and that is why they don't take the stuff away besides things that do harm. Finally after everything that can harm THEM is taken away they can enslave us without having to worry bout an uprising. Technology was just step one, step 2 is taking away our ways to protect ourselves,and finally the final step to put us in camps like nazi germany.
edit on 1/19/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

The problem with that logic is that with the false information you may not even know you that there is a problem to fight. Or you could end up fighting a false cause that could end up being detrimental to your or your family's future. Ignorance of the truth doesn't make fighting for a lie acceptable. There are many things that need to be changed, getting rid of electronics is not one of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

As I said I would rather fight a lie then be controlled.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't know, for thousands of years mankind has been enslaved to empire, religion, kings, ideologies, and that was before the Iphone was invented. Technology is a double edged sword, it has elevated the masses and also it gives the masses Jerry Springer.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

Yes but we actually rebelled when that would happen in the past, my point is we aren't rebelling anymore due to technology. We have become so pampered that we just wanna sit there and watch tv or read about stuff that is going on in other countries or our own rather then taking a stand and standing up for peace. You think the civil war that happened in the US was won by people just sitting around reading about it? no we actually did something but in todays day and age we expect someone else to stand up for our rights and ya know what happens? nothing.

top topics

join