It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World View: China prepares the People's Liberation Army for war.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Now when I talk about U.S. Capabilities...I am talking from experience and although I don't know everything...I know enough to know that a Chinese Admiral on the deck of a Chinese Cruiser as the Carrier China bought from the Russians is for training only and it will take China decades before it can put an experience Carrier and Crew to sea...but this Admiral right now in the Pacific is having Kittens as this guy probably spent a few weeks trying to convince the Communist Party Leaders not to antagonize American Military Forces in the Jananese Region as this guy KNOWS that at any time should the U.S. Navy choose to...his entire Chinese Fleet could be sent to the bottom of the sea.
Split Infinity

WRONG, WRONG WRONG

You don't know jack

All your experience and connections point to me exactly why US will collapse

You keep talking conventional war, This is all Bull

What part of China is a nuclear power as well as US is a nuclear power don't people in this thread understand

As soon as 1 little ship sinks, and both sides go to DEFCON 2

The war is over,

It is called MAD

now hold on, hold on, I am not done, you will probably now start saying how US ballistic technology is superior and how US shield is superior and how, US would win a nuclear war.

Well what part of the rest of the world would have a little problem with that, don't you folks understand

What problem ??

well dying due to all the fallout from nuking China to smithereens

You really believe Russia wouldn't get involved.

How about India?

Do you think India would say, oh hey there Americans, we are little bit scoffed here, we might even be angry.

The problem with Macho Warriors like SplitInfinity is that they haven't battled a worthy foe.

All they did was kill bunch of weak sand people.

edit on 20-1-2013 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JewAgainstZionism

The problem with Macho Warriors like SplitInfinity is that they haven't battled a worthy foe.

Are you challenging him or something?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

Next time, try this. It really explains everything you just said with such eloquence doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I thought the "rant" was like a movie script, myself!

China is 20 years behind America. That's coming from a Chinese General. Personally? We wont be going to war with China, anytime soon....that's my hope and wish.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

You talk like the moment some skirmish starts between the U.S. and China...WHICH WILL NOT HAPPEN because China knows what is as stake....that China would all of a sudden...over a single Chinese Ship sunk...and this would only happen if China was to start hostilities....that over one ship that China would Launch Nuclear Weapons? LOL! Come ON!

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. A Nuclear Power would only launch Nukes as a LAST RESORT and NO COUNTRY would EVER launch Nukes at the United States unless it had a Death Wish.

First of all the U.S. has a very good ABM Missile System that is RIGHT NOW Fully Deployed as there are SM-3 ABM's on every Aegis Class Cruiser as well as being on other U.S. Ships and are also deployed in Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Guam, parts of Japan, Midway, Iceland, Greenland....hell...you name it.

This Missile just recently destroyed a failing Satellite at ORBITAL DISTANCE and traveling at I believe either 14 to 18 Thousand MPH. That is a HELL of a lot higher and Faster than ANY Chinese Anti-Ship Missile or ICBM.

Not to mention the currently deployed to a small extent since this weapon system is still being deployed...FEL or Free Electron Laser with it's Targetting Satellite System and this Laser is Nuclear Powered and can Vaporize Multiple targets at the same time and once fully installed will constitute a Complete and Virtually Impenatrable Missile Shield as well as being capable of Offensive use.

Then you have U.S. Nuclear Forces...the most accurate, survivable and Lethal in the World that exist in VAST numbers. Along with U.S. AMB TECH. a country would have to be INSANE to launch Nukes at the U.S.

What you are saying is rediculous. China would not Launch Nukes and commit Suicide.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sorry...I don't fight G****

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
A wee bit of history, cause it's fun to remember the past boys and girls.

Japan started a war with China in 1937, a few years before World War II, and the Chinese asked for our help. Yea, The Chinese were our allies in World War II....and to be honest i would love to see a film or video game based on these cats right here. The Flying Tigers

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Yes...they volunteered and were flying old obsolete aircraft but because of their Superior Flying and Tactics they were able to down many a Japanese Zero...a very advanced aircraft at the time.

The Zero however did not use a bladder like American Aircraft did inside their fuel tanks. All one needed to do was just get a single round into a Zeros Fuel Tank and it would burst into flames.

If a U.S. Aircraft had rounds penetrate it's fuel tank the bladder inside it would prevent heavy leaking as well as prevent the tank from igniting. It was pretty smart.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
*Nods*

Point being, American's seem to be at their best when they are beating the # out of people worse then they are. So we should be fine.

Now if Japan and China go at it, then i would totally volunteer to fight for the Japanese. Especially if i can fight with one of these things - Suit Up
edit on 20-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

Or this one Kuratas
edit on 20-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Look...if you spent any time living and dealing with the absolutely vicious Chinese Communist Party...you would soon understand why we ahve so many Ships and Subs in the Pacific. I know some former Chinese Ex-Patriots and I can tell you the happiest day of their lives was when they were able to get out of a Communist Party Re-Education Prison where the 4 times a day beatings and night time Psychological Torture were more than they could bear.

China will execute a Political Prisoner and then send that prisoners family a BILL for the BULLET. If the family does not pay...THEY get arrested.

To live in China is to do what they tell you...when they tell you...and if you don't...you disapear until you toe the line.

People here who think and talk about how China is some VICTIM of the United States have absolutely NO IDEA how bad it can get for a Chinese Citizen who desires and actually is stupid enough to talk about wanting a say in their Government.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What's with all these posts about China being behind in military technology? Lol funny how some people here think everyone's just going to not touch the nukes and watch China and US shoot at each other with different new "toys" to see who has better technology? How often has China tried to invade other countries in its long history?

This war thing does not make sense to me at all, for those of you chanting "come get some" please explain to me how mass destruction on both sides is better than China owning corporations/businesses in US?

Too funny, I think China is smarter than that people.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's not that simple; China can't just up and go to war, nor is it yet in a position to police the world. If China engages in an unpopular war, the US will likely find a way to interject itself into said war and boost it's economy. China won't be the leading superpower until after America's collapse, and that collapse, while happening on its own, can be slowed, or perhaps even reversed, with a new war.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

I highly doubt that China...despite it's words that should be veiwed as propaganda for the benefit to keep it's own people in line...would start a WAR with the U.S. This is HIGHLY DOUBTFUL.

China is currently antagonizing Japan over the disputed Islands but that is as far as it will go...Words and possibly a few Fly Overs.

China knows the U.S. Military is tasked with defending Japan by both Japan's U.S. Wrtten Constitution as well as by Treaty. China also knows it does not have any viable Force Projection capabilities that would be needed to fight such an Island Based war.

Still...this is all about China appearing to it's own people as a Country that is Governed by a Communist Party that is eager for World Respect. The Party also worries about seeming to weak as to do so invites those Chinese with a desire to change China to a Democracy a way to denounce the Communist System as a Failure. This is even more of an issue given Chinas obvious path and practice of Capitalism which has dramatically improved the lives of the average Chinese Person.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Perhaps

There is a 20-year gap between China and the U.S. military in equipment, weapons and systems, Chinese Defense Minister Gen. Liang Guanglie told the 10th Shangri-La Dialogue on June 5 in Singapore.

“I would call the gap big,” he said. Liang acknowledged that China’s military modernization has improved, but the “main battle equipment of our services … is mainly second-generation weapons.” China does not have a large arsenal of third-generation weapons, systems or platforms. “For example, the army is still being motorized, not mechanized,” he said.

And while China’s miliary hardware may still lag behind the U.S.’, its cyber capabilities, considered by most to be critical to waging 21st Century warfare may be on par with or ahead of the U.S.’

China’s Military Tech 20 Years Behind U.S.’

This was two years ago.......

I'm having trouble believing this. If this truly is the case, then why weren't we dominating in iraq and afghanistan? Why did we lose so many beloved soldiers in the war based on a lie if our tech is so great? I really don't wan't part of the argument, but maybe square does have a genuine point. Military may be really setting us up to lose such a war for personal gain or what have you. Can't be so easy to trust our 'loving' gubberment in such times.

Even if it was 20 years ahead, how much progress have they really made? Surely not laser guns.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

It is not in China's interest for the United States to collapse economically nor is it in the World Economies interest. If the U.S. Economy was to collapse...so would China's as China has developed and structured it's entire economy around building and supplying goods to the United States.

China also ownes a huge amount of U.S. Debt in the form of Loans. So one could say that China's Economic Future is tied to the U.S. Economic Future.

The Chinese Communist Party miscalculated when it bought up so much U.S. Debt. And since there is not a single thing that the U.S. imports from China that is vital...as these things are just cheap goods that one finds on the shelves of a Super Store...should China get into a dispute with the U.S....the U.S. could easily stop payments on Chinese Loans as well as stop all Shipments of Goods from China and the Chinese Economy would collapse in a WEEK.

These are the realities.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

We lost guy's in Iraq and Afghanistan because they were being used as Policemen.

The U.S. Military was never designed or trained to act as Police and to do so places Troops at risk to a much greater degree than actual battle.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Care to tell me how my desiring to volunteer for a Japanese Mech Assault on China leads to me being Pro-Communism or alludes in anyway to me thinking China's a victim at all?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Care to tell me how my desiring to volunteer for a Japanese Mech Assault on China leads to me being Pro-Communism or alludes in anyway to me thinking China's a victim at all?

First of all...why would you want or why would anyone want or need you to volunteer for this...something that will never happen.

China constantly elludes to being a victim of the Western Powers during the 19th and early 20th Centuries. As well as elludes to this due to the Massive U.S. Naval presence that surrounds China at sea.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Wait...what?

Why wouldn't i want to pilot a Mech into China (or really any 'evil' nation) for war? Why wouldn't anyone?

And yea it could happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Even though the U.S. or Japan is Decades in advancement Tech. wise...China by shere numbers would be almost impossible to invade successfully.

The U.S. plans for any possible WAR with China call for Massive Air and Naval Power to destroy China's ability to wage war in the Pacific as well as destroy the entire Chinese Navy and Air Force.

China right now has very little ability to force project troops and even an Invasion of nearby Taiwan could be quicly stopped by U.S. Aircraft and Subs which would destroy any Chinese Troop carrier before they reached the Island.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join