It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World View: China prepares the People's Liberation Army for war.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Yawn.

Why don't you just start chanting 'USA, USA, USA'.....Are you aware of how amazingly reminiscent it is of the old chants of 'Sieg-Heil, Seig-Heil, Seig-Heil' that is at least, to those of us who know our history.

The cycle repeats itself.....You are headed for a precipice my friend, my fear is that you will drag the rest of us with you.
edit on 20-1-2013 by squarehead666 because: s&p/clarity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Bluesma

As I have stated before...the words coming out of China right now are ment for the Chinese People. The U.S. KNOWS that China is not so stupid as to follow through with such threats. The U.S. also KNOWS that China could not even be capable of carrying out any threat where the U.S. has Military Defense concerns.

So glad we agree! (though why need to repeat it, I am not sure). Yes, this is for boosting the confidence of their people, "shining up their image" as I said.
They do not intend to take over the world through military force, that is not how it is happening. But we all know that, don't we? But it is an effective choice to boost the morale and confidence of your people while you do it (as we know and practice too!
)

From their point of view, it probably doesn't matter whether we ignore them or not. They already own us, and they just need to focus on the solidarity and confidence of their people while our economy falls and burns.
Then they shall step up to the podium.

But it would probably speed up the process if we did them a favor and spent a bit more of our energy, money and lives on more military aggitation... but it isn't necessary.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

... I have to believe the United States is technologically superior in EVERY facet of Conventional war.
That's a widely accepted assessment and more than likely so - however, the difference is becoming marginal.

No one really knows what weapons have been developed...
China hasn't been laying idle, the same can be said for her.

China's anti-satellite tests

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I will be more concerned when there are enough guns in China to man every man, woman and child. At the rate we are going we just might be able to lend them ours and still have enough for our own citizens.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

I do not speak of U.S. Military Capabilities in some manner that would seem to be like a Sports Fan. I am only speaking about FACTS.

The FACT that you have just posted that China would win some WAR of which you have not clearly defined...shows me that you are not speaking of things that you know to any great extent nor do you have experience that you can draw from to make such determinations.

The U.S. WOULD NEVER make the mistake of attempting to invade China as you are right that China has massive numbers of both Men and Material even if these Men are poorly trained and their material or Weapons are outclassed in every way bu U.S. Weapon Systems.

The U.S. Militaries goals and plans are to keep China contained as well as to have overwhealming Naval Capabilities and Air Power specifically Bombers to be able to strike any Chinese Naval Fleets or Troop carriers that might be in route to a specific Pacific Country or Island.

In this reguard the Chinese Forces would have no chance to reach such targets before U.S. Navy and Air Force Strike Packages obliterated them inroute.

You have to take the time to actually look at what the U.S. Navy has in the Pacific as far as forces and compare then to Chinese Capabilities to see just how outclassed Chinese Forces are.

You keep mentioning NUMBERS but since China has almost ZERO ability to Force Project there forces...Numbers mean very little.

As far as Chinese Anti-Ship capabilities...U.S. Carrier Groups can operate outside Chinese abilities to reach them as such Carrier Groups can operate at longer distances then China's ability to reach them.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by sonnny1

... I have to believe the United States is technologically superior in EVERY facet of Conventional war.
That's a widely accepted assessment and more than likely so - however, the difference is becoming marginal.

By no means is China laying idle....but, people forget that the US has been at it a lot longer, and I really believe that the technological advantage is still in the US. China is good at stealing technology. I give them an A in that category.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Is every U.S. Weapon system invulnerable to a variety of ways of attack? No.

In the event of a WAR...is there ANYONE on this board or in this WORLD that would prefer another Countries Military to fight a war for them over the U.S. Military....only if they soon want to be dead.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Two questions:

Are you a serving member of the US military?

Are you posting on this forum in that role, in an official capacity, on duty so to speak?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Yes...they do own alot of U.S. Debt...and here is how that ties them to never wanting to go to WAR against the U.S.

The moment they would do that is the moment we stopped making payments! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You know...I am just posting FACTS that anyone here can look up on the internet.

I am not like some here...posting my opinion or making statements such as how China would win any Battle in the Pacific against the U.S. when everything points to the contrary.

China is not a country that anyone here would want to live in believe me.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I do not speak of U.S. Military Capabilities in some manner that would seem to be like a Sports Fan. I am only speaking about FACTS.

Oh please your claim on Patent of FACTS is quite transparent and getting to the point of Funny

You remind me of me 10 years ago

it is completely obvious from your posts, you are a person who believes in Ends Justify Means

You are one of those guys who were cheering attack on Iraq and so on.

Unlike your superiors Neocons in the Army, you are too low on the ladder to own defense stocks and make money off wars.

But you get your jollies from posting online, hey you do what you can right. By the way, if you think your superiors think highly of you, WRONG, you are a pawn, and they would forfeit your life just like they killed 3000 Americans on 9/11
edit on 20-1-2013 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

You know...I am just posting FACTS that anyone here can look up on the internet.

I am not like some here...posting my opinion or making statements such as how China would win any Battle in the Pacific against the U.S. when everything points to the contrary.

China is not a country that anyone here would want to live in believe me.

Split Infinity

Wanna talk real facts, lets talk real facts

United States military aggression on Chinese Allies in the world, has put China on the Defensive

And someone in Chinese Government at a meeting has said, Hey, We should show some teeth

and that's what this is about,

A PUSH BACK TO US IMPERIALISM

but of course for a person like you, US imperialism is fiction

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

By no means is China laying idle....but, people forget that the US has been at it a lot longer, and I really believe that the technological advantage is still in the US. China is good at stealing technology. I give them an A in that category.
Granted.

Yet, this is where my thinking lies... military technological development has been exponential for many decades and it's fair to say that the US has been, and is, at the forefront - however it's reaching a plateau, or moreso, the gains are more moderate now... meanwhile, other nations that were decades behind are now catching up - so to speak.

Hence, the margins are narrowing... they're not so far behind anymore.

Anyhow, just a thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

There is a 20-year gap between China and the U.S. military in equipment, weapons and systems, Chinese Defense Minister Gen. Liang Guanglie told the 10th Shangri-La Dialogue on June 5 in Singapore.

“I would call the gap big,” he said. Liang acknowledged that China’s military modernization has improved, but the “main battle equipment of our services … is mainly second-generation weapons.” China does not have a large arsenal of third-generation weapons, systems or platforms. “For example, the army is still being motorized, not mechanized,” he said.

And while China’s miliary hardware may still lag behind the U.S.’, its cyber capabilities, considered by most to be critical to waging 21st Century warfare may be on par with or ahead of the U.S.’

China’s Military Tech 20 Years Behind U.S.’

This was two years ago.......

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I am not Military although members of my family are and were...such as my Father. I am..."CIVILIAN" and work on occasion with members of the U.S. Military....although I keep trying to retire.

I have been around...and around...and...around.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Ok people.....
Main reason for all the flapping from the Chinese is becuase of the new administration coming into play, many people here in China think the governement doesn't take a hard stance agaist other countires, so I think it's propaganda coming into play, keep the hordes happy and 'keep face' kinda thing.
If people here in China are not united about their country over an international issue then they usually direct their attention to the governement.
The whole Island and south China sea dispute was played nice and managed to 'unite' the people and keep more pressing local issues at bay, such as the massive pollution issues in Beijing for instance.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

I am not saying you are not correct

OR that SplitInfinity is not correct for pointing that out

But I can't stand to see that guy trying to school the rest of us, while he has still to deal with facts on 9/11

Or other examples where Government and US military has betrayed the people,

Don't compare us with China,......... damn China to hell for all I care

This isn't China

This is USA, and there is something rotten at the top

edit on 20-1-2013 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Perhaps

There is a 20-year gap between China and the U.S. military in equipment, weapons and systems, Chinese Defense Minister Gen. Liang Guanglie told the 10th Shangri-La Dialogue on June 5 in Singapore.

“I would call the gap big,” he said. Liang acknowledged that China’s military modernization has improved, but the “main battle equipment of our services … is mainly second-generation weapons.” China does not have a large arsenal of third-generation weapons, systems or platforms. “For example, the army is still being motorized, not mechanized,” he said.

And while China’s miliary hardware may still lag behind the U.S.’, its cyber capabilities, considered by most to be critical to waging 21st Century warfare may be on par with or ahead of the U.S.’

China’s Military Tech 20 Years Behind U.S.’

This was two years ago.......

Thanks for the link

Yet who's to really know??... it's all a part of the art of Chinese warfare - and that includes propaganda.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Yet who's to really know??... it's all a part of the art of Chinese warfare - and that includes propaganda.

I did think of that also.........

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

First of all...I would not wish WAR on anyone. I know this for some very good reasons.

Second...it is my opinion and I believe a very good working plan...that in order to prevent major wars...the U.S. must have a very strong military. I also believe that some U.S. Lawmakes who are involved with certain Defense Contractors are screwing the American People as well as putting our Troops in Jeopardy.

I have used a variety of equipment that should be standard issue but is not because of cost. Still if we just elliminated certain Weapons Programs that are no longer needed then we could get such things as Ultra-Light High Tech. Woven Vests to our guys that right now are wearing Steel Plates that if you have ever done this especially in a Hot Desert as well as are carrying another 80 lbs on your body...it is enough to make the average person pass out.

I am "CIVILIN" and thus I have no superior. They ask nicely and I don't do it for them...I do it for the young guy's some of who have wives and kids who look up to me to get them home as well as determine whether a plan is BULLS#!% as I am old enough to know and smell such things.

If you knew what I do you would understand that there is no Chearleading when it comes to being in the field. Still it is nice to know that you can call in some numbers and get some relief if needed. The fly boys are pretty good at it and unlike some guys...I have NO PROBLEM asking for help if needed.

Now when I talk about U.S. Capabilities...I am talking from experience and although I don't know everything...I know enough to know that a Chinese Admiral on the deck of a Chinese Cruiser as the Carrier China bought from the Russians is for training only and it will take China decades before it can put an experience Carrier and Crew to sea...but this Admiral right now in the Pacific is having Kittens as this guy probably spent a few weeks trying to convince the Communist Party Leaders not to antagonize American Military Forces in the Jananese Region as this guy KNOWS that at any time should the U.S. Navy choose to...his entire Chinese Fleet could be sent to the bottom of the sea.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join