Gun Permits On The Rise

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is from my hometown newspaper, The Stanly News And press

Not ALL Democrats are in favor of gun bans, this is our local Sheriff, Rick Burris, and he is all in favor of law abiding persons being armed

“The guns are not killing people,” Burris said.

“If good, upstanding citizens had a weapon on them, possibly they could have taken that person down before they killed all those people,” he said, referring in particular to the shooting in Colorado.

“I think people’s got a right to protect themselves.

“The government can’t protect you, law enforcement can’t protect you.

“Your crooks are going to get their guns because they don’t care what the law says. Laws are made for honest people.”

He does favor those allowed to have weapons SHOULD HAVE THEM

“I do think there should be restrictions on who can buy a gun depending on mental capacity, depending on their criminal record or if they’ve had a violent crime,” Burris said.

thesnaponline.com...

I do see support for the 2nd amendment on both sides of the fence, this does make me feel good that this isn't a democrat or republican thing, this is an AMERICAN thing

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The only problem I see with this is "who is allowed" to be armed when the 2nd says "shall NOT be infringed".

These people talk like rights are mere privileges instead of inalienable rights.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This whole gun control controversy is nonsense and largely inflated by the likes of Alex Jones and some media if you ask me .. I found video last night of alex jones and others going off the hook when Bill Clinton instituted THE SAME BAN back in his presidency.. predicting civil war and major other events would happen.. the NRA was up in arms as well .. and guess what? .... the ban happened... Assault weapons and large capacity clips.. know what happened? ... nothing

The only people who really care and are huffing and puffing about this is the media who likes to fear monger and people like Alex Jones who get ratings jumps when stuff like that happens.. the general public, the majority.. could care less because it doesn't impact them in any way whatsoever... does your average joe want to buy an assault rifle? no .. does your average joe need large capacity clips? not at all .. in short, this impacts FEW people .. and the rest don't give a damn... so will this reinstatement of a previous law that already existed matter? .. hardly .. will it result in a civil war? or as Alex liked to shout.. 1776 all over again? if you think so you're buying into the hype... all this is is a political knee jerk reaction.. it will go into effect, there won't be a civil war.. and like when Clinton did it.. the next president will undo it and people won't bat an eye..

History folks... this isn't new.. it's just repeating what was done before...
edit on 1/19/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Each person that files for a carry permit is giving the government the info they are looking for....
Who wants to carry (which means that they most likely own a gun).
Where they live.
Plus whatever other info the form asks for...

They don't need registration of guns, people are lining up to give them the info they want.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Each person that files for a carry permit is giving the government the info they are looking for....
Who wants to carry (which means that they most likely own a gun).
Where they live.
Plus whatever other info the form asks for...

They don't need registration of guns, people are lining up to give them the info they want.

And that is paranoia ..

When you live in a society that has millions of people and a law enforcement agency that is there to serve and protect... believe it or not, it's useful to know who has what.. it's beyond your paranoia.. do you know how many crimes are solved because of records like that? you decide to shoot your neighbor because his dog keeps you up at night... that's a crime.. nonsense like that HAPPENS .. and it happens more than you realize... but gun registrations in that case DO help .. there IS a need.. having a system lacking registration is absurd.... with this many people.. yeah most of us are good people.. but not everyone is... so anonymous guns for everyone! .. kill who you want. no way to trace it =) ... no thanks.

Yes criminals with criminal intent can buy a gun on the black market.. you won't ever be able to stop that.. but the majority of gun violence isn't like that..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

As soon as they ban guns, most gun violence will be 'just like that'.

But please explain to me where my post is not correct. I am fine with you calling me paranoid. But tell me where my post is incorrect.

ETA: If you read my first post, I would like to know where I supported or opposed gun registration. I did neither, so it would be jumping to a conclusion to call me paranoid from that post.
edit on 19-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join