It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News to Shut Down for Routine Maintenance Monday? Really???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ok, even though this is something a lot of people have hoped for in a off handed way, I find this to be very odd.

Mind you this is coming from the New Yorker

A snip from the article:

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Fox News Channel announced today that it would shut down for what it called “routine maintenance” Monday morning at 11:30 E.T.

Fox News president Roger Ailes explained the timing of the shutdown, which will be the first in the history of the network: “We wanted to pick a time when we were positive nothing would be happening that our viewers would want to see.” Read more: www.newyorker.com...

Nothing viewers would want to see??? Correct me if Im wrong here, but isnt the Presidential Inauguration on Monday??? A station that just loves to tear this president apart is going to miss this moment in time to make some of their most inane remarks and comments???

The article also goes on to say this:

According to Mr. Ailes, for the twelve hours Fox News is off the air on Monday the network will broadcast a continuous photomontage of white people. “Regular viewers of Fox probably won’t notice anything unusual,” he said. Read more: www.newyorker.com...

A photo montage of white people and people probably wont notice??? I have to say I think Im almost flabbergasted. Me thinks something is afoot here. Call me crazy but....

Just curious what you folks take may be on this?

Link to the FULL ARTICLE HERE
edit on 19/1/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Too good to be true. This is like something out of The Onion.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by inivux

I would have thought the same thing myself except for the fact it is coming from The New Yorker. I dont even think they would take this stretch.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I smell a hoax.

Or the burritos I had for lunch.

Or both. Hard to tell.

link   

Originally posted by inivux
Too good to be true. This is like something out of The Onion.

What I was thinking. Sounds like an Onion piece if the Onion were run by communists.. oh, wait..

link   
Biggest day in history, I doubt fox will miss that. Unless their like revolting or something. Can't believe anything FOX says anyway. So, I guess will see on Monday.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I know the source presents it as real...but this can't be. It reads like a spoof/parody. It simply can't be an accurate and true story. Off-line through Tuesday morning? A whole broadcast network? Nawww..... I'll eat Humble Pie for dinner if this actually happens.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is certainly the most bizarre story I've heard in the history of news.

link   

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian, and has written for The New Yorker since 1998. In 2001, he created the Borowitz Report, a satirical news column that has been read by millions around the world and for which he won the first-ever National Press Club award for humor. He has published two best-selling books in the past year: “The 50 Funniest American Writers,” which became the first title in the history of the Library of America to make the Times best-seller list; and his memoir, “An Unexpected Twist,” which Amazon named the Best Kindle Single of 2012. His Twitter feed, @BorowitzReport, has more than two hundred and seventy thousand followers and was voted the best Twitter feed of 2011 in a poll by Time. As a comedian, he performs to sold-out theatres across the country and has made countless television and radio appearances, including on National Public Radio, VH1, and Comedy Central. He has been called a “Swiftian satirist” (the Wall Street Journal), “America’s satire king” (the Daily Beast), “the funniest human on Twitter” (the Times), and “one of the funniest people in America” (CBS News’ “Sunday Morning”).

www.newyorker.com... Borowitz

The guy is a progressive weenie that wanted to slam Fox.

*meh*

link   
Just a little checking would have revealed to you that the author is a joke columnist for the new yorker and NOT a serious article.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Funny I never knew "routine" meant the
first time in history.
Weird
edit on 19-1-2013 by sealing because: edit

edit on 19-1-2013 by sealing because: sp

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
ROFLMAO

OMG you guys are gullible....

Borowitz is a well known satire writer for the New Yorker, April Fools a little early

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I know the source presents it as real...but this can't be. It reads like a spoof/parody. It simply can't be an accurate and true story. Off-line through Tuesday morning? A whole broadcast network? Nawww..... I'll eat Humble Pie for dinner if this actually happens.

It's probably a viral marketing campaign started by the communists to discredit Fox. Whether true or not - repeated enough times, it does the job. That is how Obama fooled millions of dumb people.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
ROFLMAO

OMG you guys are gullible....

Why gullible???...as I can read, members didn't believe it.

The thread has only one page, not too much to read before posting.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

It's probably a viral marketing campaign started by the communists to discredit Fox. Whether true or not - repeated enough times, it does the job. That is how Obama fooled millions of dumb people.

Speaking of dumb guess how many things are wrong with what you just said? It is not viral, it a satire article that anybody with half a brain would know as soon as they read it. I am pretty sure the communist hate Obama because he is about as far from a communist as you can get (note anyone who thinks Obama is a Communist does not know what the word means). Also I think is wrong that you assume the fans of Fox are so stupid that they could possibly come across a satirical article and suddenly hate Fox news. Also I do not think Obama ever tried to fool dumb people into no longer watching Fox News.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
At some point...

Fox should pause just to clean up the crap Hannity spews.

But, they already said they would cover Monday's Ceremony.

And yes I watch Fox....There I said it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm absolutely going to watch Fox all day on Monday. can't wait to see all the white people! no desire to watch the inauguration as I feel Obama is doing a crap job and all sorts of sketchy illegal stuff along the way.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Or maybe there will be no inauguration for what ever reason. That would make it a non-eventful day!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Or maybe there will be no inauguration for what ever reason. That would make it a non-eventful day!

Oh man, I gotta say Im rollin here... That was pretty funny

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Today we have the Internet Broadcast Networks radio one network shuts down for Maintenance on a day where they are all airing the same thing whats the big deal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join