It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please try this and see if it does the same to you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Earlier today a story came out about a lot of email from the Bush campaign being sent to a parody website and they just found it in their dead email box. So i decided to go see if I could find the story on their website and typed in the address in my address bar this, www.georgebush.org... and got taken everytime to a pro Bush website, so please try this and see what you get and please let me know.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by goose]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Is no one else bothered by the fact that someone recognized the fact that people would be checking out this website and over rode it to force people to look at their propraganda, it makes me mad and goes right along with all the threads here about Big Brother. Am I the only bothered by it?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
OK someone explain it to me is both websites a parody, not that i can go to the one I type in I know that one is but this probush.com, it can't be for real either. it is making me mad I can't even find the story about the email that was sent to the wrong address, I did see it on CNN earlier tonight.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Isn't that the site that Cheney sent everybody to by mistake? Would be interesting to know if they bought that site or forced it out, as you know follow the money. If they bought it, then oh well, if it is being supressed there may be a legitimate legal issue for the webmaster of the orignianl site. Makes me mad too man, more and more web sites have a habit of dissapearing lately, for example WTC+squibs used to get literally thousands of hits through google, now it is something like 177.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Actually I heard about this website tonight on the news CNN and the story was how this parody website that ended in org instead of com and the rest of the addresss was the same, www.georgebush had accidentaly received email that was supposed to have went to the other website, it had all been put into a dead letter box (post office snail mail has one of these, if an address can't be read or only partial address or whatever reason the letter gets put in there) anyway this website did not know they had such a thing on their website and discovered it today with all this email from the Bush campaign, so when I could not find anything online about it I went to the website itself and of course you see what happens I get sent to a pro Bush website, who knows maybe its a parody too. Anyway there was a lot of stuff on this websites dead letter box that does not make the republicans look good and now I can't find anything on the story. So much for the media not being controlled by the government.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by goose]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The correct address is georgewbush.org. The emails can be read here, and yes, some of them are very entertaining.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thanks sandge I just found out where I was making my mistake but still the question I originally raised holds that I am being forwarded to a pro Bush website totally different than what I am typing into the address bar. I just posted the website in a another thread and came here and saw where you had already done it for me, thanks so much. Now i guess i will go read those emails.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'd reply to this but I'm too busy cutting and pasting email addys from the dead letter site to send my campaign complaints to

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO
WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail or by calling
505.848.1800, so that our address record can be corrected. Thank you."

I found that on one of the emails that was written by their lawyers, apparently......I'd be careful.......just in case.

or, you could call the phone number, and let him know.....his letter is being deseminated all over the web!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well all anyone here has done is list a link to the website with the emails on it, no one has copied any of the emails. So hopefully we are safe, plus hopefully if we ever get taken to court the CNN folks will be there too since they showed some of the emails on their newscast tonight.

new topics

top topics

join