Danny Glover tells students Second Amendment was created to protect slavery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Well put. Good timing. I spit coffee all over my screen.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

"he is actually bringing to light a conspiracy and the sad thing is that members of a "conspiracy" forum don't seem to have the time or interest live up to the sites motto. "

neither do the mods when half the stories i see are "thread closed" AFTER ONLY 1-3 PAGES HEH. ROFL

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
reply to post by Chai_An

The murders in Chicago have mostly involved black gangbangers. Are you rewriting history now?

You wrote "mostly". Glad you admit to blaming one group of people for all the gangbanging in Chicago. No rewriting of the history just calling you out on your biased exaggeration of what is perceived to be the truth.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

He pretty much just said that guns want to be taken away from us because we are slaves .. and they do not want us to revolt.

Sharp observation.. never thought about that one. Although I can see how it can be sensationalized in a way to be counter productive and unpopular.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Excuse me if I don't hop into the PC rewrite history clowncar with you. I'm sorry I didn't specifically mention the Jews, Hispanics, Mongolians and East Indians in the dialog so that you would feel better about yourself.
edit on 1/20/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Chai_An

Excuse me if I don't hop into the PC rewrite history clowncar with you. I'm sorry I didn't specifically mention the Jews, Hispanics, Mongolians and East Indians in the dialog so that you would feel better about yourself.

Ok you're excused. It have nothing to do with being politically correct just tell the truth and stop sensationalizing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Remember the lefty agenda to re right history like the American Revolution and the constitution, The civil war, the Great Depression, The Korean and Vietnam Wars, the invasion of Panama, Iraq and Afghanistan.

20 years form no they will all have new historical facts that don't exist today or forty years ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

I did tell the truth and you didn't like it. Inconvenient wasn't it?

More truth. No one kills more blacks than blacks.

Glover needs to clean up his own backyard.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Chai_An

I did tell the truth and you didn't like it. Inconvenient wasn't it?

More truth. No one kills more blacks than blacks.

Glover needs to clean up his own backyard.

No not exactly, your original statement was a blanket saying all the gangbangers in Chicago were black, that's an untruth which you corrected yourself with "mostly". Well if we're going to tell the truth the same can be said of each ethnic group, people tend to kill their own more so than outsiders. Well I would say yes he need to be on point about the subject for which he spoke but it don't have anything to do with gangs (black or otherwise). If all the "backyards" as you put it were in order there wouldn't be a need for dialogue on gun control and the 2nd Amendment. Mister Glover no matter how his interpretation of history varies from others he's not alone in needing to clean up his backyard.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarjetman
This thread is boring... why is everyone attacking Glover for his acting ability and/or movie credits? Calling the man stupid doesn't do anybody favors. I've never heard this perspective before today, and while I wouldn't be so bold as to declare I know this is the absolute truth, I would rather engage in intelligent dialogue about the CONTENT of the argument rather than vapid ad hominems and straw men. I've heard the "last defense against tyranny" argument a million times-- can anyone chime in on an alternative perspective without griping about "the race card" or anything else that makes you uncomfortable?

Here's a link that further breaks down where Glover was coming from...

P.S. I know some of you are constructively contributing, so I will say I appreciate that.

People are addressing his utterly foolish and uneducated statement, that has no basis in actual historical fact. Some have commented on his acting as well. As for that, well, it isn't really that good. The Lethal Weapon series was a success because of Mel Gibson. Pretty much anyone could have played Murtaugh, and some could have done a far better job. His lines are pretty stilted in places. Example: the comment to his wife, when he's on the boat, and she is fussing because he didn't take the trash out. Stilted, and not natural-sounding at all. I love those movies, and have always thought that.

Plus, his comments WERE "playing the race card". He's basically saying that the only reason Americans have a right to guns is to oppress black people, which is utter nonsense, and frankly, geared to inflame racial tensions. He ought to be ashamed.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

reply to post by Chai_An

Ok you're excused. It have nothing to do with being politically correct just tell the truth and stop sensationalizing.

It isn't sensationalizing to point out the facts about most of the violence n Chicago. Detroit would be another good example of the same situation. If all of the shootings by black gang members were blasted all over the news like the rare cases of a white mass shooter, then you might see the facts. Sadly, most of the victims of those gang shootings are also black. Kids get shot down in drive-by shootings. People aren't safe on their own streets, or in their homes. All the gun laws in the world are not stopping criminals from having guns. A disproportionate number of said criminals are, in this country, black. Those are facts. We can debate the reasons, which are many and varied, but stating facts isn't "sensationalism". Glover's comments were racist, and inflammatory, and incorrect.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

How do you know who is and who isn't re-writing history? How do you know if the left were telling the truth and what you have been taught is actually nothing more than the history as seen through the eyes of the "winners"?

I know for a fact that the right wing establishment has re-written the meaning of left-wing terms, and the mainstream history taught in schools tells nothing of the struggle of the real left-wing working class labour movement. You are only taught about the success of the right-wing ruling capitalist class, and their twisted use of political and economic terms.

edit on 1/20/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I have a gun free zone sign for you to place in your yard.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
The 2nd amendment was taken from the English bill of rights, didn't have anything to do with slavery.

But the south kept black people unarmed so they couldn't fight back when the KKK would murder them for no reason. Or firebomb their houses, churches, schools. etc. The first gun control legislation was used to oppress freed slaves after the civil war.

The first gun control laws were enacted in the ante-bellum South forbidding blacks, whether free or slave, to possess arms, in order to maintain blacks in their servile status. After the Civil War, the South continued to pass restrictive firearms laws in order to deprive the newly freed blacks from exercising their rights of citizenship. During the later part of the 19th century and the early part of the 20th century, gun control laws were passed in the South in order to disarm agrarian reformers and in the North to disarm union organizers. In the North, a strong xenophobic reaction to recent waves of immigrants added further fuel for gun control laws which were used to disarm such persons. Other firearms ownership restrictions were adopted in order to repress the incipient black civil rights movement.

www.saf.org...
edit on 19-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

And measures are still being taken to ensure as many blacks as possible aren't allowed to own weapons legally. Why do you think black youth are slapped with bogus charges so often, held in the county for a while until they are willing to plea out with time served.

To them they are getting off/out with little repercussion, not knowing they have fallen into the stats of those not legally allowed to own a firearm.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Glover has done some research. His stance is not fro ignorance but education, albeit, out of
context--to fit his agenda, just like we all are guilty of.

Read Christopher Hitchens book, Thomas Jefferson: The Author of America
or the the book suggested above, all is not is it seems with the 2nd amendment

Thank you, but many of the ignorant will ignore this.

There are people who actually believe the 2nd was instituted because we feared England would come back over and.....................I guess attempt to make us come home?

You have to apply common sense sometimes and not just parrot what you've been told/taught....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Chai_An

reply to post by Chai_An

It isn't sensationalizing to point out the facts about most of the violence n Chicago. Detroit would be another good example of the same situation. If all of the shootings by black gang members were blasted all over the news like the rare cases of a white mass shooter, then you might see the facts. Sadly, most of the victims of those gang shootings are also black. Kids get shot down in drive-by shootings. People aren't safe on their own streets, or in their homes. All the gun laws in the world are not stopping criminals from having guns. A disproportionate number of said criminals are, in this country, black. Those are facts. We can debate the reasons, which are many and varied, but stating facts isn't "sensationalism". Glover's comments were racist, and inflammatory, and incorrect.

No a disproportionate number of presumed criminals in this country are black. It just so happens that a large number of white criminals have tilted the system to favor them (Congress, DEA, etc) so the crud they commit is legal or they aren't questioned concerning.

From what I can see, Glover's comments weren't racist, they were one side of a story. He never said anything like "kill whitey". Or taking this from a different angle....his comments were no different than yours above. Were your comments racist?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by solarjetman
This thread is boring... why is everyone attacking Glover for his acting ability and/or movie credits? Calling the man stupid doesn't do anybody favors. I've never heard this perspective before today, and while I wouldn't be so bold as to declare I know this is the absolute truth, I would rather engage in intelligent dialogue about the CONTENT of the argument rather than vapid ad hominems and straw men. I've heard the "last defense against tyranny" argument a million times-- can anyone chime in on an alternative perspective without griping about "the race card" or anything else that makes you uncomfortable?

Here's a link that further breaks down where Glover was coming from...

P.S. I know some of you are constructively contributing, so I will say I appreciate that.

People are addressing his utterly foolish and uneducated statement, that has no basis in actual historical fact. Some have commented on his acting as well. As for that, well, it isn't really that good. The Lethal Weapon series was a success because of Mel Gibson. Pretty much anyone could have played Murtaugh, and some could have done a far better job. His lines are pretty stilted in places. Example: the comment to his wife, when he's on the boat, and she is fussing because he didn't take the trash out. Stilted, and not natural-sounding at all. I love those movies, and have always thought that.

Plus, his comments WERE "playing the race card". He's basically saying that the only reason Americans have a right to guns is to oppress black people, which is utter nonsense, and frankly, geared to inflame racial tensions. He ought to be ashamed.

1. Did you read the article I posted? It contains quotes from Patrick Henry himself, IN HIS OWN WORDS calling for state power to form militas in case of insurrection:

Henry then bluntly laid it out:
"If the country be invaded, a state may go to war, but cannot suppress [slave] insurrections [under this new Constitution]. If there should happen an insurrection of slaves, the country cannot be said to be invaded. They cannot, therefore, suppress it without the interposition of Congress . . . . Congress, and Congress only [under this new Constitution], can call forth the militia."

Please explain to me how a direct quote from a founding father addressing exactly what Glover was talking about is "utterly foolish and uneducated that has no basis in actual historical fact"?

2. The point is his acting ability has absolutely nothing to do with the content of his argument, and bringing it up is simply obfuscating the issues. It's nothing more than the adult version of calling someone a "stinky doodoo head."

3. "Playing the race card" implies crying wolf when there is none. Granted I too am sick of people crying racism at every little thing, given what I've read I'm convinced there actually could indeed be a wolf hidden in this case. Maybe the reason people are so tense in this thread is because the wolf is currently biting them in the ass.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's starting to sound like they will go for all out confiscation! Dont comply thats all I can say! No one has the right to take your arms! No one has the right to ask you to to put them on a form 4 either!

edit on 20-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Everyone misses the point that slaves are to be disarmed and that is how our government views us... as slaves.

Get over the racial crap, unless you are part of the group who runs the world you are just a slave, or canon fodder.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join