It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danny Glover tells students Second Amendment was created to protect slavery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Danny Glover tells students Second Amendment created to protect slavery

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

Actor Danny Glover told students at Texas A&M University the intent of the Second Amendment was to protect slavery.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Link to Absurd Article

As time goes by the statements coming from the black community about this, that and the other grow more and more outrageous. One has to wonder if this man ever cracked a history book of any stripe.

Even revisionists couldn't be so ignorant. Could they?

Does Glover know what the Revolutionary War is? Why it was fought? Does he understand the purpose of the Constitution? Can he see past the end of his own nose, or is the whole country condemned ad infinitum because a bunch of white guys in the South were too cheap to hire labor?

WTH does the Second Amendment have to do with slavery?

Not a G# thing.
edit on 1/19/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Those who have a vested interest in making gun owners criminals, warmongers, racists, and haters, have pulled out all the stops this time around. Expect more of this kind of rhetoric, expect the media to push it hard, and expect the public to buy into it. They want more than turning the tide of public opinion on this one. They want as much traction and polarization as they can get.
edit on 1/19/2013 by Klassified because: clarify

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think he unconditionally points out what happens when one group of people have arms and another doesn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Why fools like this have a platform is beyond me. This guy pretends for a living. He should give up acting for a while and spend some quality time in a library.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

Then he should have put it in your words. He is intentionally bringing race into it, which is complete horse#.

Let's put this in perspective. Who is shooting up Chicago right now? Lawful gun owners or black gangbangers?
edit on 1/19/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I never thought much of him as an actor.
Now I think even less of him as an American and a rational human being.
It's amazing how one-sided hollywood opinion is on the 2nd amendment despite many of these stars having armed body guards and living in gated communities themselves.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 19-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No doubt the guy is a total racist but I don't think he hears what he is saying nor understands that he is actually making a case for the 2nd amendment not against it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

Ive lost respect for a lot of black celebrities that I really like because of their ignorant attempts at social engineering like this, Morgan Freeman is another one.
At least Will Smith has stayed out of the limelight on politics, at least to my knowledge.

Danny Glover owes most of his acting success to Mel Gibson
edit on 1/19/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is not the first time Mr. Glover has demonstrated himself to be mentally unstable. Interesting how he gets a pass while Mel Gibson gets crucified by the media for his abhorrent behavior.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Unfortunately there is a purposeful agenda in the educational system which targets Black people with extreme left-wing material and revisionist history.

I spent over a year at an Urban community college to earn some of my core requisite credits "cheap" and in a misguided attempt to "broaden my horizons" before I transferred to one of the top schools in the country to finish my degree. At the time, I was young, a lot more liberal than I am now and because I had come from a sheltered community made up of 99.9% upper middle class Caucasians thought it would do me "good" to experience other cultures.

A bit part of this was being the only white male in my English Lit, Creative Writing and American History classes. not surprisingly, these classes were all taught by Black professors who converted the curriculum into "Black history month, 12 months per year". (Which was fine, that was one of my goals in even attending the school, to get some of the "hidden history" and other perspectives).

What I wasn't prepared for was the extent to which it was taken. Where I had no issues with Martin Luther King being presented as a great man spending months hearing how Malcom X was an elevated being second only to Jesus, more important than Gandhi, etc was hard to swallow. Worse, the students were expected to completely agree with the classroom point of view. There was no debate, no discourse. You were expected to nod your head and shout "yessir!" apparently.

History classes were the worst. All the founding fathers were evil slave holders, the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery (that it wasn't a war goal at the start publicly doesn't change the fact that Lincoln and the entire Republican party were abolitionists and planned to end slavery the minute they could do so, that drive almost derailing the effort due to the fact that Lincoln refused to compromise or wait further). They even taught that the entire, real reason for the establishment of the American colonies was ONLY to continue the practice of slavery due to England banning it. When things occurred, how, etc were not to be taken into consideration....

What's really scary about seeing crap like this in the media is the fact that so many people today have zero education in civics, US government, history, etc. They can make most any claim and millions of people will believe it because it was on T.V.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Yea and theyre also targeting white people with their left wing ignorance..

“If you’re white, you’re oppressing. If you’re non-white, you’ve been a victim.” That is how one parent described a class that her son and other students were required to take at a high school in Wisconsin.

link

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Another race pimp.

So very sad.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What do all these anti-Constitution spokespersons have in common?

Anderson Cooper
Piers Morgan
Gen. Stanley McChrystal
Gen. Colin Powell
President Barack Obama
Vice President Joe Biden
The Vatican
Bill Clinton
Hillary Clinton
Leon Panetta
Dianne Feinstein
(too many to list, really)

They all seem to have a credibility problem.

So now, they have to pull the race card to support their anti-Constitution agenda. I figured they would save the race card for the upcoming Amnesty for Illegal Aliens fight, but I guess they figure, why save it? As long as people keep falling for the race card, use it early and often. It makes as much sense as any other anti-Constitution argument they have.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The 2nd amendment was taken from the English bill of rights, didn't have anything to do with slavery.

But the south kept black people unarmed so they couldn't fight back when the KKK would murder them for no reason. Or firebomb their houses, churches, schools. etc. The first gun control legislation was used to oppress freed slaves after the civil war.

The first gun control laws were enacted in the ante-bellum South forbidding blacks, whether free or slave, to possess arms, in order to maintain blacks in their servile status. After the Civil War, the South continued to pass restrictive firearms laws in order to deprive the newly freed blacks from exercising their rights of citizenship. During the later part of the 19th century and the early part of the 20th century, gun control laws were passed in the South in order to disarm agrarian reformers and in the North to disarm union organizers. In the North, a strong xenophobic reaction to recent waves of immigrants added further fuel for gun control laws which were used to disarm such persons. Other firearms ownership restrictions were adopted in order to repress the incipient black civil rights movement.

www.saf.org...

edit on 19-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That's a shame. I always had a soft spot in my heart for Danny Glover. Especially in "Gone Fishin'" or whatever it was called, the one he and Joe Pesci were in.

But I was also waiting for "The Powers" to find some way to bring race into the gun control debate. I knew they would work it in somehow. They always find some way to equate those of us who don't agree with their policies, with the lowliest scum on earth, i.e. race bigots, violent homophobes, mysoginists, child abusers, etc. The two things wrong with it being a) it is guilt by assosciation, and b) it is a false assosciation.

The sad thing is that the--and I have restrained myself from ever using this term before today--the "sheeple" will buy it, believe it, and quote it as fact ad nauseum. Sometimes I could swear that Humans love being ignorant and misled. At least, when they are well-fed they do.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Omg will this guy ever shut up. What a moron, it amazes me someone that stupid can be worth that much money. If my kid came home and told me that I would 1. Ask where to find the man so I can punch him, hard. 2. Tell my kid they are not going back there, 3. My kids would probably be home schooled anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well I was going to use that line from :Lethal weapon but it was too vulgar.

Yeah they were shooting words when they fought the civil war.
edit on 19-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Of course, don't you all know, slaves were the "tyrannical government" the 2nd was speaking of. (Sarcasm) Sometimes I truly wonder if people actually have the capacity to use logic. Danny Glover has made it clear that he can't, by choosing to perpetuate such ignorance. Sadly, I can guarantee there will be thousands if not more that will not only believe it, they will parrot it as fact using it against anyone they disagrees with.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It would seem this is how people change history.

1) State your opinion as fact
2) Do it in a educational facility
3) Get the Media to hype it up
4) wait 20 years and the Students in the class will teach it as fact.

What is taught in the classroom of today will be the Political issues of tomorrow.

If you want to change history start with a opinion.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So I guess the fact that early Americans still had to deal with bears , wolves and Indians (many of whom were not as friendly as modern historians would have us believe) don't make no never-mind ?

Not to mention that I don't think England had gotten over our telling them to go away yet .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join