It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunshots since dawn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I never expected this. Ever since daylight shots have rang out all around me. Even more than opening day of deer season. I think it is great everyone joining in on gun appreciation day.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Are you sure it's not a clay pigeon shoot? I hear it every sunday morning. Bang bang bang bang for like 5 hours.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I'm hearing high powered rifles in every direction.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Sounds unneccesarily annoying.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Stay safe and inside
You know those bullit have to come back down eventually.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Umm.. Care to elaborate? I get very nervous with sustained gunfire without a formal shooting range nearby to account for it. Maybe it's just my So. Cal upbringing where that usually meant someone was having a real bad night...and likely, multiple someone's.

If random shooting for celebratory fire? Umm... What makes me nervous there are how many people die every New Years, despite the basic lessons we all get in gravity and Sir Issac Newton's genius about 'what goes up, must come down'.

So... Is it all safe gunfire?

edit on 19-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well i'm out in the country. Everyone has their own ranges. A gun makes a distinct sound when shoot at a target that can stop the bullet vs just shooting with no backstop. As far as i can tell it is just people shooting at targets.

I am extremely surprised that i'm the only one reporting this.
edit on 19-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

So... Is it all safe gunfire?

No it is not all safe. Accidents happen but i feel there is no malicious intent behind the display today.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its duck season here. Yum!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Wabbit season!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
More like wolf around here
I got a 250 lb one eying my dog last few day
Paw track almost as big as my hand I may have to do something hope not.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I never expected this. Ever since daylight shots have rang out all around me. Even more than opening day of deer season. I think it is great everyone joining in on gun appreciation day.

and I was hoping the revolution had started...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well no one here has shot off a gun for Gun Appreciation Day. Thank Goodness. Would seem rather annoying. I don't like noise disturbance.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I live way up in the mountains. Every season before hunting begins, I hear a lot of folk, sighting in their rifles. Sometimes, it can sound like a firing range. Could it be that...any hunting season opening in your area?

Des

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

This morning would be better compared too opening day of deer season. It has slowed a bit now but still a clip is being emptied about every ten or twenty minutes now.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Oh heck, well that kinda changes everything, eh? Gunfire isn't a rare thing around my folks property either and they're well outside the city in rural wooded land. That I don't so much worry about because those who live in nature usually have a respect for it and those little laws like gravity and kinetic energy for a mile or more range. lol...

Now hearing more detail, I look outside at a beautiful day and wish I had the time to get out of the city for awhile myself to do some shooting. Err.. but then, they all got stolen a couple weeks ago...so I'd have to use my kid's airguns. (snaps fingers) I forgot all about that.

* Oh...and I heard that crack about Wrabbit Season! (grin) ..This Rabbit shoots back! (even if it is a BB gun..shhh
)

edit on 19-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Are you sure it's not a clay pigeon shoot? I hear it every sunday morning. Bang bang bang bang for like 5 hours.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: spelling

Me too. I live right next door to the local gun club. I love waking up on Saturdays and Sundays to the sound of freedom. It is a cold but beautiful day here today so I think I might get the ol .45 out and play a little bit.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am looking forward to the day when the hunting season is OVER.

My cats can be safe outside again, I won't have pellets raining down on me, my garden and my house and I won't get ballsniffing turdbags cr*pping on my lawn or a coward threaterning me with a shotgun when I intervene to protect my cats from their uncontrolled dogs.

French hunter + alcohol = dangerous village idiot.

Yes, I live in the middle of french countryside and accept traditions here but this season has been worse than ever.

I was offered a rifle of my own by a friend to protect my animals if push came to shove or maybe the odd rabbit for the pot but after second thoughts I didn't want to give anyone an excuse to shoot me in retaliation, fear or ignorant reaction if I had to intervene for my cats again.

Conrolled hunting is one thing, and necessary, but endlessly blasting anything that moves until it is almost dark is for dark ages mentality. Go to the supermarket like normal people.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Looks like high noon will be the time to be at your local range or at your state capitol to demonstrate your 2nd along with freedom lovers across the lands.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by usmc0311

Looks like high noon will be the time to be at your local range or at your state capitol to demonstrate your 2nd along with freedom lovers across the lands.

I'm actually attending an open carry rally on the 8th of february. That day is another nationwide day and it is on a weekday when lawmakers might actually be there to witness it. I still do not understand why todays group chose a saturday to demonstrate but the more the better I say. Today I will just put some rounds downrange in appreciation to my freedoms as an american.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Kendra St. Clair, was home by herself when a man rang the doorbell to her Bryan County, Okla., home. She didn’t answer, so the trespasser walked to the back of the house and kicked open a door. St. Clair called her mother, who advised her to grab the family’s gun and hide, according to an interview she gave to local broadcaster KFOR-TV. Authorities said that the girl found the gun and took shelter in a bathroom closet.

“When I had the gun, I didn’t think I was actually going to have to shoot somebody,” St. Clair told ABC News. “I think it’s going to change me a whole lot, knowing that I can hold my head up high and nothing can hurt me anymore.”

weaselzippers.us... hoots-home-intruder/

top topics

<<   2 >>

join