It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed assassination attempt at Bulgarian centrist party speech - Ahmed Dogan January 19 2013

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ahmed Dogan is a very lucky man after the assassins gun jams.

This happened earlier

After the video ends the assassin is beaten up by a big group of men, kicking, punching etc. Even an old man (80s) jumps in and gives they guy a kicking.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Certainly a very brazen attempt. How on earth did he get past security seemingly unchallenged? I know he just leapt from the crowd, but how did he smuggle a gun inside in the first place?
edit on 19-1-2013 by BlindBastards because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

I assume corruption runs very deep...he is wearing some sort of tag around his neck, so he was allowed in.
Very brazen attempt, surely he could have done it not in front of an audience

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just saw this on tv here, lots more footage. There was a close up of the guy and he had a glazed look in his eyes and a look of surprise and confusion on his face. Very weird indeed.

My girlfriend was actually a bit pissed that the guys gun jammed!! Apparently this Ahmed Dogan has a very dirty past.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Yea the footage after this video ends is brutal.
The guy is on the floor being kicked in the head by a big group of guys. He did look out of it..even when hes on the stage he looks confused.

I dont know much about the guy, but to have someone do something like that, gives me the impression he isnt much liked.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Yeah, he represents the Turkish element here and aligned himself with the communists long ago to further the Turkish cause. Allegations of spying for USSR too, but I need to find out more.

I'm about to go to meet my girlfriends parents so I'm sure they'll be able to give me the lowdown on this guy.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It looks as though the weapon jammed, or failed to fire, or maybe it was not a real gun. Either way it is a very serious breach of security, and if it was a mis/fail to fire then that is one very lucky individual

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think its funny how both the assassin and the intended victim seem to go blank when the gun jams, they both stand there, wondering what to do. There is a couple of seconds where neither of them do anything, just stand there, blank.

It looks as though the assassin tries to unjam the gun, but by then the victim realizes that he just cheated death and fights back (to a degree) until the security grab the guy, and beat him.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm Bulgarian, I can tell you this is most likely a pathetic pre-election PR stunt attempt, which has already been pointed out by several party leaders and analysts.

Ahmed Dogan is the leader of what is basically a turkish party in Bulgaria, which relies on turkish and to a lesser extent gypsy minorities for support.

They are an isolated party and rely on sensationalism and creating ethnic tension to get any coverage in the news.

If anyone is interested in updates I can follow the local media.. they've been blasting news about it all day, but no specific details in regard to the incident itself yet.

Edit: Also, here is a longer cut of the video.. not simply restraining him, but random people kicking and beating him for a few minutes.

Also, there is someone screaming "KILL HIM, KILL THAT #ER" in the background (in reference to the already detained would-be assassain)

It is not clear if the gun was real or not
edit on 19-1-2013 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know nothing about Bulgaria other than the women are beautiful so I can’t really comment further in respects to this video other than to say it’s crazy!!!

It clearly shows though how bad the guys are who should have been protecting him which is just amateurish at best. No doubt this video is going to be used now by close protection trainers as a “how not to do it” example.

S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

That's Crazy - That's Insane - That's Unbelievable - That's Mind-Blowing -That's OMG Times Infinity

.............and it's Fake? Was this guy a Patsy? Given a Gun that would Never Fire?

A Type of Bulgarian Underpants Bomber?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The minister of interior has reported that the would-be assasain Oktay Hasan Enihmehmedov (ethnic turk) has a long criminal record, including vandalism, theft and possesion of illegal narcotics.

He has been charged with attempted murder, which goes counter to the formerly spreading rumor the gun was a tear gas firing replica (common for self-defence in Bulgaria, since actual firearm permits are difficult to acquire)

He got in the conference with a delegate card, which was forged.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

So who is in charge of protecting the president because they should be sacked.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

First of all (thank lord) that' s not the president. Second, the party denied state security services and hired a private firm run by an ex-anti-organized crime officer.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by falseveils
Edit: Also, here is a longer cut of the video.. not simply restraining him, but random people kicking and beating him for a few minutes.

Also, there is someone screaming "KILL HIM, KILL THAT #ER" in the background (in reference to the already detained would-be assassain)

Fair enough. Can't say I blame them - nobody invited him to pull a gun on someone during a speech. In this country he'd probably have been shot. Questions would be asked later!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is now confirmed that it wasn' t an actual firearm, but a teargas firing replica, yet the charge for attempted murder remain.

Maybe he could have jammed it up his mouth and fired a few magazines, choking him with tear gas

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by falseveils
It is now confirmed that it wasn' t an actual firearm, but a teargas firing replica, yet the charge for attempted murder remain.

Maybe he could have jammed it up his mouth and fired a few magazines, choking him with tear gas

A tear gas firing replica?

So, this does sound like a stunt!!

But they still give the guy a good beating!!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Looks like the template for law enforcement knows no borders. It's perfectly fine to disarm an attacker, then kick the sh*t out of him. Assassination attempt by a civilian = illegal. Assault and battery by a gang of cops - justified.

Not to diminish the event, but that's what stuck out to me. Not to mention that these security dudes were really incompetent to allow an assassin to succeed if it weren't for the even more incompetent gun.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There have been quite a number of people killed because they assumed starter pistols...or blanks...or tear gas rounds aren't as dangerous as a copper jacketed bullet.

1000 Ways to Die: Point Blank

That show puts a dramatic and often times morbidly entertaining face on tragic self-inflicted deaths but...this one is informative for the topic. At a range of a foot or so? Well......It doesn't have to be copper or even metal to be fatal or worse, IMO. I'd imagine the charges this guy gets won't account for his less than lethal choice in weapons unless it was some prank or whatever. If he didn't mean to kill him, I'm betting he WOULD have anyway if that hadn't malfunctioned somehow.

Just my take by the video and basics I've read so far.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not only was it a teargas cartridge, but a 8mm one, which is much weaker than the standard 9mm.

We're talking skin burns or damage to the eye, since it's basically at point blank range, as a worst case scenario.

AFAIK attempted murder charge has been dropped, it's now hooliganism.

Western media is very slow to update and I believe it's on purpose - sensationalism is hits - hits are revenue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join