It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sheepdog and the owl.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That was great! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks Dawg. I'm well over 60 and still a radical I'm afraid. I would stand beside you in a fight any day. Even though I like to think of myself as aloof ("owl"), in reality, I have always fought for the oppressed and the weak also.

I did not fit very well in the military as you can imagine (1971 - 1977). USAF stationed in Turkey when overseas. Me and my brother both volunteered. They sent me to the middle-east and him to Viet-Nam. We both came out ok. As always, the choice was theirs.

I thought I might mellow in my old age. It seems that I am getting crazier and less like the world around me the older I get.

Peace my friend.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Wanderer112358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2013 by Wanderer112358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

And dogs don't really have dialogs with owls. It's a story. And a well thought-out fable at that. Well done, OP.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by g146541

And dogs don't really have dialogs with owls. It's a story. And a well thought-out fable at that. Well done, OP.

Yes. Some people seem to have a hard time understanding parables and metaphors I'm sorry to say.

I'm glad you liked it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by g146541

Yes, a fable.
One that paints all in a category as bad.
I do not see things that way, apparently I am not alone.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Great fable---I loved it. The moral of the story ( at least my take anyway) is that the truth of existence lies not in personal control, but in understanding the nature of how existence operates outside our own desires and wishes. I feel like the Owl most days...

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Although I will admit that the story in the OP, despite being interesting, did not have a super-clear moral... I really liked this thread as it reminded me of a couple things.

1- Much of life is open to interpretation, and sometimes no two people will see the same event in the same way.

2- A number of you are really really bad at analogizing and drawing logical conclusions from stories like this. No wonder I see some people posting the kind of stuff they do on a regular basis. And amusingly enough, the people in this thread who I felt had the most confused interpretation of this story, or to have made the most assumptions about it, are some of the very same members whose opinions in other threads seem quite ignorant to me. (I wonder what that could mean lol)

Nice one, OP.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
Great fable---I loved it. The moral of the story ( at least my take anyway) is that the truth of existence lies not in personal control, but in understanding the nature of how existence operates outside our own desires and wishes. I feel like the Owl most days...

-TheGhoster

I couldn't have said it better myself. AND then living according to what we have learned.

I'm glad you liked it.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Although I will admit that the story in the OP, despite being interesting, did not have a super-clear moral... I really liked this thread as it reminded me of a couple things.

1- Much of life is open to interpretation, and sometimes no two people will see the same event in the same way.

2- A number of you are really really bad at analogizing and drawing logical conclusions from stories like this. No wonder I see some people posting the kind of stuff they do on a regular basis. And amusingly enough, the people in this thread who I felt had the most confused interpretation of this story, or to have made the most assumptions about it, are some of the very same members whose opinions in other threads seem quite ignorant to me. (I wonder what that could mean lol)

Nice one, OP.

Thank you for a great post. The thread certainly served it's purpose. The posts, as you said, tell it all...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This last comment reminded me of something. Why do you think most great spiritual works speak in parables or metaphors? Because the message will be understood by all based on their level of development! Read through the posts of this thread to see a good example of this truth.

Before someone slams me. No, this silly little story is not a great spiritual work. Far from it. But, it does show us why parables are so useful...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join