It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sheepdog and the owl.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by g146541

Thanks for explaining your point of view. We need more "Sheepdogs" so to speak, like you.

Unfortunately too many take the George Orwell "Animal Farm" Route. Pigs will walk on two legs to please their masters.

classic rest my case

Does the story have to be new to be true? This understanding can be expressed many, many ways.

Why the anger? I am no one. I just posted my thoughts. I don't expect anyone to agree with them...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
and?..............!

dress it how you like...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If this is yet another attempt to act "superior" to others by painting them as sheep, then slap me silly!

The more you do this to others, the less they take you seriously.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
If this is yet another attempt to act "superior" to others by painting them as sheep, then slap me silly!

The more you do this to others, the less they take you seriously.

What? I have addressed all types of beings here. If I have judged any group, it has been the sheepdogs of society. I haven't mentioned the sheep in any reply. In fact, the dogs are the ones to be pitied, not the sheep...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer112358

You just joined two days ago and you're already acting like you know everything.

Settle down.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Wanderer112358

You just joined two days ago and you're already acting like you know everything.

Settle down.

Ha,ha. So you grow in wisdom the longer you are here? Don't worry, I have no desire to take over your playground. Quit being so protective and defensive. Two threads and you come down with the "rules here" speech.

Nothing ever changes...

I find people very hard to be around.

Especially ignorant sheepdogs like yourself...

edit on 19-1-2013 by Wanderer112358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by Wanderer112358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

And you call yourself a "Master of Reality". That is funny, no sorry, sad.

I hope a small few enjoyed the thread. To the rest, just move along, I won't be posting much here to disturb your club house...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So many actually desire control. The humans in our metaphor, the sheepdogs AND the sheep.

Very few "watchers/owls" in this world I'm afraid.

But I live in hope...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
People always end up talking about the messenger instead of the message. ALWAYS.

Why? Because that is how you minimize or kill the original message. Once it becomes a personal attack, all discussion of the original message stops.

This is exactly what happened here and I am partly responsible for it. People here have honed this trick to an art...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I didn't expect so many people to be so proud of being seen as a sheepdog. This is honestly not something to be proud of and to brag about.

Ask yourself, who do you serve? The sheep? You are kidding yourself...

You are being controlled just like the sheep...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer112358

Originally posted by HenryNorris
Thanks hey. That actually made me feel better.

Aesop has nothing on you. Genius.

edit- so hard not to be concerned though. Pretty sure I am a ram. Not an owl.
edit on 19-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: (no reason given)

Thank you my friend. As you can guess, I am the old owl. These political dramas mean nothing to me any more. I try to stand back, be very quiet and watch what is REALLY taking place. We only learn when we are quietly listening, not when we are talking...

It is better to be a ram than to be a sheepdog, in my view.

Peace

The old question: Am I a participant in the dance of life, or merely an observer? Which is better.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

It depends which philosophy makes a difference for the better does it not? I see the other character types as supporting the enslavement. Knowledge and truth are the only way to freedom in my view. Not aggression, more control and barking...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Why is everyone attacking this guy? The story makes perfect sense. Its a creative way of putting together how our soap opera of a world is unfolding and I give props to him for trying to get everyone else to be diligent and watch what is happening before diving in head first with their eyes closed. Be patient and watch what is happening around you before making any rash decisions, accusations, or developing a false sense of control in a world gone mad. Why does every single thread on this site have to turn into some ignorant argument between people who just really don't understand the message being sent out? It creates such a negative environment that only immature adults who get off on online drama enjoy being a part of. If you don't understand something, take whatever it is for face value and just at least enjoy the story.

Thank you, wanderer, for this enlightening little fable. Some of us do appreciate what you have taken the time to put on here for us.

Love and peace, your fellow beaked friend. You're welcome in my tree any time
edit on 19/1/2013 by aerielbear because: evil autocorrect!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerielbear
Why is everyone attacking this guy? The story makes perfect sense. Its a creative way of putting together how our soap opera of a world is unfolding and I give props to him for trying to get everyone else to be diligent and watch what is happening before diving in head first with their eyes closed. Be patient and watch what is happening around you before making any rash decisions, accusations, or developing a false sense of control in a world gone mad. Why does every single thread on this site have to turn into some ignorant argument between people who just really don't understand the message being sent out? It creates such a negative environment that only immature adults who get off on online drama enjoy being a part of. If you don't understand something, take whatever it is for face value and just at least enjoy the story.

Thank you, wanderer, for this enlightening little fable. Some of us do appreciate what you have taken the time to put on here for us.

Love and peace, your fellow beaked friend. You're welcome in my tree any time
edit on 19/1/2013 by aerielbear because: evil autocorrect!

Thank you. You are very kind. As you said, I was actually trying to get people to stand back and understand their world around them before attacking or trying to control others.

I'm glad a few understood my simple metaphor.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

People always end up talking about the messenger instead of the message. ALWAYS.

Why? Because that is how you minimize or kill the original message. Once it becomes a personal attack, all discussion of the original message stops.

This is exactly what happened here and I am partly responsible for it. People here have honed this trick to an art...

To repeat a post, why does this happen on every thread? Is it intentional to kill the message or just a matter of immaturity?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

To repeat a post, why does this happen on every thread? Is it intentional to kill the message or just a matter of immaturity?

my 2 cents...if the human rancher thought that you, "the owl", was a threat, he would raise his shotgun and blow you away. but, you, "the owl", play a role too.....without you, the rancher would be over run with vermin,....so....he let's you do your job, that he does not have to do himself, much like the sheepdog does his.
edit on 20-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

my 2 cents...if the human rancher thought that you, "the owl", was a threat, he would raise his shotgun and blow you away. but, you, "the owl", play a role too.....without you, the rancher would be over run with vermin,....so....he let's you do your job, that he does not have to do himself, much like the sheepdog does his.
edit on 20-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

I'm afraid that you missed my point completely. It saddens me to have to explain this, but I guess I will need to.

This is a metaphor about our society. It is not about owls, sheep or dogs. The owl represents a philosophy for dealing with life around us in this chaotic time. There is no tree, owl, dog or sheep. Just it appears stupid people...

Mood: "Open minded" Are you kidding?
edit on 20-1-2013 by Wanderer112358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It is terrible enough to live life as a sheepdog. But, it is even worse to be so arrogantly proud of it...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It is terrible enough to live life as a sheepdog. But, it is even worse to be so arrogantly proud of it...

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Its bad enough that our world is constantly at war... Why do singular persons feel the need to start needless arguments, themselves?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerielbear

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Its bad enough that our world is constantly at war... Why do singular persons feel the need to start needless arguments, themselves?

Yes, or to control others. To feel enjoyment and a sense of power from controlling others is madness.

You are very wise my friend.

As hard as it is, keep spreading the truth....

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join