It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The security cerfificate cannot be verified - message when i came to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So came onto ATS earlier and was presented with a warning that the security certificate does not match the name (or something). Was issued on the 26 12 12 and not to continue.

Anyone else had these issues?

Looking through the threads it seems a few people are having other various technical issues, but is anyone
else having this issue?

edit on 19-1-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
yes!i had the same security message last night! i wonder what this is all about...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What did you type in to get to the site?

Those messages can pop up if the certificate is for www.abovetopsecret.com but you type in the IP of this site, or just type in abovetopsecret (they will get you here but if the cert. is for the full address you may get that verified message)
edit on 19-1-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
To the OP: Update your time on your comupter and it will be fixed!

edit: If that doesn't fix it try clearing your cache on your browser. Just use your search engine and type in the name of your browser plus how to clear cache. Good luck.
edit on 1/19/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Also, check that you have the right date set on your computer. I set mine back to 1997 to do some things, and sites were giving me that error left and right.
edit on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:17:35 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Also, check that you have the right date set on your computer. I set mine back to 1997 to do some things, and sites were giving me that error left and right.
edit on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:17:35 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Why would you do that? I am intrigued! 1997 was a long time ago! Can you explain 'things' please.

P

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Using expired demo software that I installed way back then lol. The countdown was based on OS date, and not BIOS date like more up to date software

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
When it happened to me I think it was a advertiser on ATS who failed the certificate check not the site it self. But I did lose my email account after that due to hackers I guess. The password was changed the password recovery phrases were even changed on the account so I could not recover the password.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I would think about changing your password on your email accounts come to think of it. They could be in danger. Just to be safe. I had to start a whole new email account.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Any decent hacker can get into your e-mail w/o the pw. Prolly better to just be aware of that in itself.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in here real quick to offer a personal recommendation for my favorite PC Maintenance utility suite called "Advanced System Care". The free version is fantastic and jam packed with all the best bells and whistles.

I was so impressed with the free version that I paid $20 to upgrade to pro. I usually never buy software. Ever. And I was throwing my money at these guys.

About your problem, like a kind member mentioned earlier it is most likely your clock settings. There are certain types of Malware that can mess with settings. I'm not an expert but I have learned from experience.

Here is the CNET link to download "Advanced System Care". Check it out if you want and let me know what you think. CNET Link

top topics

join