It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The titles of Allah and the Bible.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

deeezbeats..No YHWH's name was always YHWH, you don't even have proof of the claim that it was given by man.
The name ''YHWH'' would have obviously comprised of words in the language that the Israelites understood. Hebrew is NOT God's official language. My point is, if God had contacted the ancient Chinese, God have been known to them by a name/title in the Chinese language...not ''YHWH''.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
[Quote] sk0oi0n
Youre right, but he would have retained the meaning of his name "He causes to become". Just In a different language of course. The point still stands in that in Hebrew, The consonants of his name still remain YHWH being pronounced in hebrew Depending on dialect/ variation, Yahweh/Yahuweh/Yehowah. Arabic language is similar so Hebrew so the variation would have been minor. But there is no variation given to Mohammed the " prophet"
edit on 28-3-2014 by deeezbeats because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

deeezbeats
[Quote] sk0oi0n
Youre right, but he would have retained the meaning of his name "He causes to become". Just in a different language of course.
Yes. So the ''name'' YHWH is the Hebrew expression of a certain aspect of God. It CAN be customized to any language. But the generic words for God are also as valid...for example, Jesus saying ''Elah'' and Mohammad saying ''Allah''.

The point still stands in that in Hebrew, The consonants of his name still remain YHWH being pronounced in hebrew Depending on dialect/ variation, Yahweh/Yahuweh/Yehowah. Arabic language is similar so Hebrew so the variation would have been minor. But there is no variation given to Mohammed the " prophet"
YHWH is a phrase of ''God'' in the Hebrew language. It is NOT the universal name of God. Arabic has its own expressions of the various attributes of God. Those are the 99 names revealed to Mohammad.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n

deeezbeats
[Quote] sk0oi0n
Youre right, but he would have retained the meaning of his name "He causes to become". Just in a different language of course.
Yes. So the ''name'' YHWH is the Hebrew expression of a certain aspect of God. It CAN be customized to any language. But the generic words for God are also as valid...for example, Jesus saying ''Elah'' and Mohammad saying ''Allah''.

The point still stands in that in Hebrew, The consonants of his name still remain YHWH being pronounced in hebrew Depending on dialect/ variation, Yahweh/Yahuweh/Yehowah. Arabic language is similar so Hebrew so the variation would have been minor. But there is no variation given to Mohammed the " prophet"
YHWH is a phrase of ''God'' in the Hebrew language. It is NOT the universal name of God. Arabic has its own expressions of the various attributes of God. Those are the 99 names revealed to Mohammad.
Jehovah is his personal name, Almighty God being a title. Jesus is his name, Son of God being a title. Mohammed is a name, Prophet or Allah the Title. The way his name is used throughtout the entire bible is clear indication of what his name is.

Genesis 6:3 "Then Jehovah said: “My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely, because he is only flesh. Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.”"

Isaiah 42:8 "I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images."

Genesis 3:6 "Then Jehovah said to Cain: “Why are you so angry and dejected?"

Genesis 2:4 "
This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven."

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection."

Psalms 83:18 "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."

Genesis 7:1 "After that Jehovah said to Noah: “Go into the ark, you and all your household, because you are the one I have found to be righteous before me among this generation."

Revelation 15:3 "They were singing the song of Moses the slave of God and the song of the Lamb, saying: “Great and wonderful are your works, Jehovah God, the Almighty. Righteous and true are your ways, King of eternity

Exodus 7:1
"Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like Goda to Phar′aoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet.a"

Names that incorporate the Divine name
The prophet Elijah(Eliyahu)
Judah(Y'hudah)
One of the Kings of Israel Jehoram.(Yehoram)
The prophet Isaiah(Yeshayahu)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I´ve read both the Quran and the Bible in full. They both contain the same stories, the same values, the same descriptions of heaven and hell, etc. The differences are only in perspective/interpretation. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are of the same "vibe" and probably of the same source, no doubt about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
the INDISPUTABLE reason anything in the Quran about Allah semi-sounds like the God of the Jews or Christians is because it was PLAGIARISED.

One could argue that large parts of the Bible were plagarized from Hinduism. I could provide sufficient "proof" for it because many things mentioned in the Bible are already mentioned in much older vedic literature.

But plagarism is not what is happening here. What's happening is that different variations on the God/Heaven/Hell cosmology are being injected to planet earth over the centuries to different areas in the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
One could argue that large parts of the Bible were plagarized from Hinduism.

Absolutely. And I have argued that. Large chunks of the old testament come from the Summerians and the Hindus. It was plagarized from them and adapted to the Hebrews .. and then the Christians and the Muslims told their own versions of those tales. But they are still plagarized. That's why you get that 'familiar vibe' that you said you get.

But plagarism is not what is happening here. .

Sure it is. Muhammad didn't have any visions from God showing him the truth of these things. All he did was repeat stories he had heard from the Pagans, Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians. He mushed them together .. taking bits and pieces from each ... and he poorly retold the stories .... and the stories themselves didn't even happen. We know for a fact that Noahs Ark is a complete myth. Same with Adam and Eve. And Abraham was never near the Kaaba. etc

That's not 'interjected' from God. That's just humans poorly retelling old myths. So I respectfully disagree with you on this part of what you said.
edit on 6/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Allah is NOT the God of the Bible, because the God of the Bible is a triune God, and He has a Son whose name is greater than ANY other name... The LORD Jesus Christ. Islam is just another false, man made perverted religion.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

because the God of the Bible is a triune God,

Uhmm... No the God of the bible is not triune....

There is no triune teaching in the bible... And the few passages that support it were inserted at a later date then the earliest copies of the passages...

The God of Jesus was ONE God... Not three in one...

edit on 7-6-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

There are numerous references and implications regarding the trinity in the Bible. I would list them all, but that would be a waste of my time because I doubt that you would seriously consider changing your mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime
a reply to: Akragon

There are numerous references and implications regarding the trinity in the Bible. I would list them all, but that would be a waste of my time because I doubt that you would seriously consider changing your mind.

Kinda pointless since I know all of the so called "proof texts" and there is no triune teaching in the bible....

As I've said previously... the few that are in there were added at a later date...

Just think about it for a minute instead of just accepting what you've been taught.... Theres no triune God in Judaism....

Jesus didn't teach a triune God, nor did any of the apostles... not even Paul...

The trinity is a fabrication of the early church to conform with roman ideas...

Not biblical what so ever

edit on 7-6-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Titles are names. Its only in wester countries where names dont have meanings or given just because it sounds nice. Name is just a label of the person.
Allah is the name of God even the christians use it. If you ever open an arabic bible, Allah is used instead of god, because the word god is rude, because god can be adulterated into many different words such as gods, godess, godessess, etc.
From what i learned from history class lol, Constantine used Christianity to revive the fallen empire, that is where the trinity comes into play. If any logcal person thought about the creator and the creation, the creation can not even come close not even for a second to the creator. So a man becoming the creator, is pretty far out there. It sounds like mythology to me. Faith is not blind, and a knowledgeable believer is better than a weak one but there is good in both. From what i researched Jesus was sent to the jews and not to all of mankind. So saying that Jesus is god because he performed miracles, virgin birth, and did supernatural things would mean Prophet Adam is even a higher God, because he neither had a father or a mother. Moses split the sea with the use of a stick, Prophet Solomon had control of the earth. So i never am going to understand the belief that man is god. Wouldn't the sun, the moons , and the celestial bodies be greater gos if using examples of "super natural." Since the Creator created everything he has to be more powerful than everything , meaning there would never be a reason for the creator to weaken himself and dumb himself down just so HE can understand the creations HE created. If i create the next huge AI computer, would i need to turn myself into the computer for me to understand it.
edit on 7-6-2014 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

And who told you Allah was the devil? The church? America? Mommy and daddy?

Where in the Bible does it say Allah is the devil? Or is this your own interpretation through the lens of a bacteria sized context?

I've read the Talmud, Torah, Koran and Bible. I am atheist and while you may criticize people for questioning Islam I believe knowledge is power, that we must question everything, no holds barred. It is when we blindly follow religion or let religion flourish unchecked that we run the greatest risk to modern society.

If Satan is a representaion of everything evil and you keep that in mind while reading the Koran you'll realise that what the Koran endorses is a whole lot of what modern, balanced and reasonable people would interpret as "evil". This includes pedophillia, polygymy, homosexuality is punishable by the death penalty, that you are permitted to lie in service to Allah, that non-Muslims must be taxed (religious persecution), that domestic violence is encouraged to beat a woman into submission if she dare question you, that there is no such thing as rape within marriage, that rape is an acceptable form of punishment to send a virgin to Hell, that a woman is only ever worth half a man (gender inequality) a man may capture sex slaves during wartime, apostates must be killed for leaving Islam and the real zinger that the prophet Mohammed looks into Hell and exclaims "it is full of women!" and looks into Paradise to see it is full of men.

People manage to argue that "oh but the Bible says this and that..." a quick point of difference between Christianity and Islam: the bible details historical events. Yes the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures are pretty violent and gnarly they are merely "history" (according to them of course, dinosaurs anyone?). The Koran is a timeless instruction manual about how to live the life of a "good" Muslim in service to Allah including following of the above. This is why we have so many Islamists picking up arms and joining terror organisations (estimated to be 65 Million worldwide) and little to no Christians, Buddhists, Hindus organising terror attacks against their countries.

Infact if you manage to read the Koran you'll find that 61% of the Koran is hatespeech inciting violence against non-believers.

So no, I was not told by anyone to automatically disregard Islam as a cult or Allah as the Devil - I read and researched Islam myself and as an atheist I see that the form of extremely violent brainwashing is having very real negative consequences for everyday people, both Muslim and Non-Muslim both in the Middle East and Western countries. Just the other day a 9 year old girl was smuggled out of Australia to be married to a pedophile in the Middle East, two terror suspects refused to stand up for the judge because they do not recognise Australian law but Sharia Law and the stories of up to 50 young Australians who snuck away to join ISIL (one man was pictured with his Australian born sons who took turns holding the severed head of a captured American(?) solidier)

I hope that one day we can evolve to not need an omnipresent God to pray to and motivate us to be good but we be good and do good for the betterment of humanity.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join