It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The titles of Allah and the Bible.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

you're confused boy...read more and post less

Coming in here and telling me "I'm confused" doesn't prove me wrong.... or make you right.

I've read enough. Perhaps you need to take your own advice... or at least try to be more specific on as to why you think so.

What part of the OP do you disagree with? And why?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Outstanding.

How ignorant is it for a culture to say they are not brothers and have traced themselves back to the same father?

It is called being in the ego, inside of the ego is a delusion.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Might have something to do with Christians refusing to acknowledge that another culture / religion pray to the same God of the Bible.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
We see that the Bible shows God specially "choosing" the Israelites.

And we read in the Koran...

Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other (for My Message).
-Koran 2:47

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by greyer

Might have something to do with Christians refusing to acknowledge that another culture / religion pray to the same God of the Bible.

Everybody in the "Christian" label, maybe all of those who believe in the existence of Christ having super powers. Because I think you can believe in Jesus himself, but you don't even believe the people who wrote the gospels, you don't take the bible literally, you don't go around judging the souls of any individual.

Because that is what it is. A christian will say that your own soul is in question because he has read the bible an interpreted it to say that his soul is in question, but it also says not to judge others, and whenever a person makes a remark about anothers soul they acting as if they were the judge.

Anybody who argues is a false christian or not a christian because the love of christ involves no judgement on another person, only love for that person. Love is not even known it the world, it is not a thing that is pursued in the world, yet hate is easily performed because love takes work, hate is just something that comes natural after frustration. Arguing about what is the truth is fine but arguing about what a person does means that they want to have power, they do not want to give power and I can see how that would build up frustration leading to hate.

What about the muslims? In my opinion they are rejecting that they are family with the jews just as much as the jews and christians if not more. Because a muslim cannot break tradition being that religion has turned into a worldly routine that does in fact have power over them and run their lives. If you can find somewhere in the bible about free will. I would be surprised is none of the religions supported free will, but that means if you want to pray at 6:00 and not the time when the rest of the town prays it is fine, and espcially it means that you can dress in whichever clothes you choose. I can't see how a society with so many rules can be a spiritual society, they may pray a lot but they reject foundations of other societies of free will which means they simply do not love people who are all different and the creativity of planet earth.
edit on 3-2-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

allah (hellfire be upon him)
reply to post by NOTurTypical

that principle is condemnation before investigation." ~ Edmond Spenser

hehe what a jerk...wasn't it your god jehovah who encouraged the jews in the OT to destroy whole villages and take their treasures women and virgins for themselves, or what about sending a bear to kill children who mocked Elijah

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Where in the Bible does it say Allah is the devil?

Trick question. Allah isn't in the bible .. no matter what the muslim apologists, who seem to come in droves to ATS, claim. Allah and Muhammad .. not in scripture. Period. They are forcing a square peg into a round hole.

"Allah" is "THE GOD" the creator, of the bible, in Arabic. Arabic Christians call god, Allah.

Allah is what Christians in (Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Syria, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt.....) aKa arabic christians call god

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Muhammad plagiarized from . . .

Giving more confirmation in the same God.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Whatever, just cut the narrowminded sh*t.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by greyer

Whatever, just cut the narrowminded sh*t.

How may words did I say? Really to counter that many words with your comment of 'whatever' is just not right.

Really that many words and ideas are more narrow minded than the reply of 'whatever.'

You, are another person making sure everyone on this planet is living in a lie.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The God of the Bible is a triune God and has a Son named the LORD Jesus Christ. The Muslim false god is not a triune god, nor does he have a Son named the Lord Jesus Christ. The God of the Bible is real... the god of Islam is not. The Bible is "God Breathed"... inspired by the perfect Holy Spirit. The Quran is not.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The God of the Bible is a triune God

If the God of the Bible were triune, then the Jews would have been trinitarians themselves long before Christianity was even founded. But I guess you are going to tell me that the Jews had misunderstood their scriptures all along.

Jesus himself said God is One, but Christians have a habit of dismissing the tons of verses that directly confirm Gods Oneness and prefer to interpretations of ambigious verses.

and has a Son named the LORD Jesus Christ.

A lot of other people in the Bible are ''sons'' of God...
Adam (Luke 3:38)
Ephraim (Jeremiah 31:9)
Israel (Exodus 4:22)
Solomon (2Samuel 7:14)

Its obvious that ''son of God'' is purely symbolic.

The God of the Bible is real... the god of Islam is not.

Islams monotheism is identical to the monotheism of the prophets and Jesus.
Its the trinitarians who are the odd ones out...You point fingers at the monotheists, but its YOUR beliefs that aren't in line with the Bible and its prophets.

Read the OP. Allah IS the God of the Bible. Theres a reason why I picked verses from the Old Testament.

edit on 5-1-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

are you correlating the Koran texts with the Bible?

I believe they are all the same but endemic. So the texts vary slightly.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

No, "in the beginning there was the Word and the Word was God"

The Word/Wyrd was God and is the beginning of that account of that era/those times.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
God's name is YHWH in Hebrew, Jehovah on English. Allah is not a specific name . When Muhammed said there is only 1 Allah, I'm sure they knew he was talking about the chief pagan deity Allah of Arabia.

Genesis 6:3 "Then Jehovah said: “My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely, because he is only flesh. Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.”"

Isaiah 42:8 "I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images."

Genesis 3:6 "Then Jehovah said to Cain: “Why are you so angry and dejected?"

Genesis 2:4 "
This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven."

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection."

Psalms 83:18 "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."

Genesis 7:1 "After that Jehovah said to Noah: “Go into the ark, you and all your household, because you are the one I have found to be righteous before me among this generation."

Revelation 15:3 "They were singing the song of Moses the slave of God and the song of the Lamb, saying: “Great and wonderful are your works, Jehovah God, the Almighty. Righteous and true are your ways, King of eternity.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

deeezbeats
God's name is YHWH in Hebrew, Jehovah on English. Allah is not a specific name . When Muhammed said there is only 1 Allah, I'm sure they knew he was talking about the chief pagan deity Allah of Arabia.

Mohammad fought against paganism in general...so he was not favoring a ''chief'' diety. Mohammad was referring to the God of Abraham. Allah (Arabic) = Eloh (Hebrew) = Elai (Aramic)....also not specific names of God.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I'm not doubting that he did. But for one, the name of the God of Israel is YHWH. It's spelled like that because Hebrew uses vowel points instead of actual letters that have vowel sounds. YHWH means He causes to become. Allah means The God. There was already a chief pantheon God that existed during and Before Islamic times. What was he called? Allah. Google for yourself. Allah was found in pre-islamic Arabic bibles, why? Because the true pronunciation of YHWH was lost by the time Christianity spread to non-jews. Arabic speaking Christians just put Allah. Which is only a title. The arabic alphabet has the necessary alphabet to produce a YHWH variant so if Israels God truly did appear to Mohammed his name would've resembled the Hebrew. But he didn't. So a Muslim can only hope that Allah and his 99 qualities make up for the absence of his actual name. But as a Christian, it's obvious to me Mohammed isn't on the side i'm suppose to be on. After all, YHWH appears in the bible around 6,900 times. I don't see why he would just not reveal it to Mohammed if he was his chosen prophet.But I'm no trinitarian so I agree with unitarian theology.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by deeezbeats

I'm not doubting that he did. But for one, the name of the God of Israel is YHWH. It's spelled like that because Hebrew uses vowel points instead of actual letters that have vowel sounds. YHWH means He causes to become. Allah means The God. There was already a chief pantheon God that existed during and Before Islamic times. What was he called? Allah. Google for yourself. Allah was found in pre-islamic Arabic bibles, why? Because the true pronunciation of YHWH was lost by the time Christianity spread to non-jews. Arabic speaking Christians just put Allah. Which is only a title. The arabic alphabet has the necessary alphabet to produce a YHWH variant so if Israels God truly did appear to Mohammed his name would've resembled the Hebrew. But he didn't.

"Only a title", huh?

So, what did Jesus cry out on the cross?
"YHWH, YHWH... why have you forsaken me"???

No. Instead He used a word that resembled "Allah".... he said "Elah". Only a title.

So who was "Elah"? Why did Jesus use the generic Aramaic term for God "Elah" instead of YHWH?

After all, YHWH appears in the bible around 6,900 times. I don't see why he would just not reveal it to Mohammed if he was his chosen prophet.

So who was "Elah"?
I don't see why Jesus would not use YHWH....after all, YHWH appears in the bible around 6,900 times, right?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n

I'm not doubting that he did. But for one, the name of the God of Israel is YHWH. It's spelled like that because Hebrew uses vowel points instead of actual letters that have vowel sounds. YHWH means He causes to become. Allah means The God. There was already a chief pantheon God that existed during and Before Islamic times. What was he called? Allah. Google for yourself. Allah was found in pre-islamic Arabic bibles, why? Because the true pronunciation of YHWH was lost by the time Christianity spread to non-jews. Arabic speaking Christians just put Allah. Which is only a title. The arabic alphabet has the necessary alphabet to produce a YHWH variant so if Israels God truly did appear to Mohammed his name would've resembled the Hebrew. But he didn't.

"Only a title", huh?

So, what did Jesus cry out on the cross?
"YHWH, YHWH... why have you forsaken me"???

No. Instead He used a word that resembled "Allah".... he said "Elah". Only a title.

So who was "Elah"? Why did Jesus use the generic Aramaic term for God "Elah" instead of YHWH?

After all, YHWH appears in the bible around 6,900 times. I don't see why he would just not reveal it to Mohammed if he was his chosen prophet.

So who was "Elah"?
I don't see why Jesus would not use YHWH....after all, YHWH appears in the bible around 6,900 times, right?

Let me rephrase. Allah is Arabic for God. Theos is greek for God. El/Elohim is hebrew for God. God is english for Elohim. Dios is spanish for God. So YHWH is God/Allah/Theos/Elohim/Dios.
Jesus said MY GOD why have you forsaken me. I don't see what's wrong with Jesus saying calling YHWH His God since he is his God and Father. That like my calling my dad "Father"

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I think that's exactly what he was saying... Jesus didn't use the name Yaweh, or Jehovah...

He called him God or Father...

There is a reason for that...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join