It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The titles of Allah and the Bible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
The idea of Jesus pbuh being god is a serious inconsistency.

Jesus is God Incarnate. That's the historical documentation (scripture) from first hand accounts and eyewitness'. Jesus Himself said that He came down from heaven. John, Jesus favorite Apostle, said that 'in the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD'.

Muhammad wanted to invent a religion and grab power so he couldn't allow Jesus to stay God. He had to water down what Jesus was in order to get people to buy into Islam. So Muhammad faked visions and stole bible stories, POORLY transcribing them over into his made up religion (islam). Now the world has a billion muslims, all getting poorly transcribed teachings about Jesus, and believing exactly what Muhammad wanted ... that Jesus was just a man and not God Incarnate.

If Muslims knew the truth from the first hand accounts - that Jesus is God Incarnate - then islam would immediately fall apart and Muhammad would be exposed as a fraud. I'm sure the hardcore Muslims are frightened at that prospect so they hang on desperately to the "Jesus being not-god' stories invented by Muhammad.

So - believe the first hand accounts and documentation ... (The New Testament)

Or - buy into Muhammads politically motivated and unproven watered down version that was made up hundreds and hundreds of years after Jesus lived.

Common sense ... Muhammads agenda driven stories are false and untrustworthy.

First hand accounts ... Jesus is God Incarnate. THE END.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the INDISPUTABLE reason anything in the Quran about Allah semi-sounds like the God of the Jews or Christians is because it was PLAGIARISED. When Muhammad made up his religion he STOLE bits and pieces from the Jews, from the Christians, and from the Zoroastrians.

and came up with a simple, clear and consistent theory(read my previous post) that makes sense to people from peasants to priests. I wonder how he 'plagiarised' so well from each religion that he got it correct in one attempt. Quran was revealed orally, once said cant be taken back right? And he also kept it consistent for 23 years(duration of Quran being revealed). While the theology in christianity took centuries to evolve, correct, explain the 'mysteries' of faith.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The idea of Jesus pbuh being god is a serious inconsistency.

Jesus is God Incarnate. That's the historical documentation (scripture) from first hand accounts and eyewitness'. Jesus Himself said that He came down from heaven. John, Jesus favorite Apostle, said that 'in the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD'.

Muhammad wanted to invent a religion and grab power so he couldn't allow Jesus to stay God. He had to water down what Jesus was in order to get people to buy into Islam. So Muhammad faked visions and stole bible stories, POORLY transcribing them over into his made up religion (islam). Now the world has a billion muslims, all getting poorly transcribed teachings about Jesus, and believing exactly what Muhammad wanted ... that Jesus was just a man and not God Incarnate.

If Muslims knew the truth from the first hand accounts - that Jesus is God Incarnate - then islam would immediately fall apart and Muhammad would be exposed as a fraud. I'm sure the hardcore Muslims are frightened at that prospect so they hang on desperately to the "Jesus being not-god' stories invented by Muhammad.

So - believe the first hand accounts and documentation ... (The New Testament)

Or - buy into Muhammads politically motivated and unproven watered down version that was made up hundreds and hundreds of years after Jesus lived.

Common sense ... Muhammads agenda driven stories are false and untrustworthy.

First hand accounts ... Jesus is God Incarnate. THE END.

thank you. I'l think about it. Oh no!, you are telling me to just take your word for it and not think at all.
This is not a debate of who is right. Its about what is right. Obviously you have decided. Hope you did it after objective thinking and not just emotional thinking.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

and came up with a simple, clear and consistent theory(read my previous post) that makes sense to people from peasants to priests.

Um .. no. Islam is full of contradictions and scientific and historical errors.
There is nothing 'consistent' about it. There is nothing accurate about it.

I wonder how he 'plagiarised' so well from each religion that he got it correct in one attempt.

He got NOTHING correct. He made huge errors in transposing AND he completely changed the nature of Jesus ... which of course he had to or else people wouldn't buy into his cult. With Jesus being God Incarnate .. no one has need of a new invented religion by Muhammad. So Muhammad lied and watered down Jesus in order to get followers.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Oh no!, you are telling me to just take your word for it and not think at all.

:shk: Oh please .... If anything I'm telling you to use your head and look at the facts instead of your religious indoctrination rhetoric.

Hope you did it after objective thinking and not just emotional thinking.

What I stated was pure unemotional fact.

Bible = first hand eyewitness accounts of Jesus.

Qu'ran = made up hundreds and hundreds of years later; contradicts the first hand accounts; and is totally unable to be proven to be given from heaven. You just have the word of some politician/murdering dude who claimed God sent him revelations that totally contradicted scripture and that conveniently gave him massive power and authority.

This isn't rocket science. And as far as emotional attachment to an easily debunked religion .. you'd best go look in the mirror ... it sure isn't something I have to worry about.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

that conveniently gave him massive power and authority.

for doing what?
He was wealthier before he started preaching.
He denied the position of chief of Makkah and continued to be ridiculed, beaten etc for 10years.
He could have married as many women as he wanted even during pre-islamic time.
So what exactly did he benifit from all the things you claim he did?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by logical7

6) common sense dictates that either you change your opinions or change your god.

You can't have it both ways either, logical7.

If Allah is the God of the Bible, then that makes Muhammad a false prophet because he contradicted the prophets of the Bible, including Jesus.

So, which are you going to choose? Allah or Muhammad?

Can you give examples on what Muhammad said and what book he specificly contradicted. Not a fan of some parts I have read in the Quran but haven't read it in it's original form. But at the same time Paul is for me not the best source of higher understanding of god so I am not to fond of the Christian dogma either. You should always go to god for truth/ideal/love and question all human religious views, dogma and messengers. The truth will be the truth no matter who says it and when god is with you, you will get the message from all directions not only one, because that is how synchronicity works.

I always choose the true ONE that is behind human religious view. It is easier when you can be with it without masks of human created masks from religion and just be naturally the best you, you can be, for both yourself and it. Symbiosis is the way and have always been the way.

Religious people are so funny when they get so into their ego and that the view they have been conditioned to is the right one. I will even use the bible to describe what the dualistic ones are doing:

Genesis 2
15Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.16The LORD God commanded the man, saying, “From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;17but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”

And you ate from the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil (The tree of Knowledge of duality) and you where poisoned with the dualistic sickness and disconnected from god and quarantined on earth since the sickness can not be allowed to spread. And you keep poisoning every generations since with you views and conditioning.

The only way to go beyond the poison of duality is to lose small mind (ego mind) and receive what in the bible is described as christ conciousness and receive grace. Some souls have a longer road than others left but you get to the destination by taking one small step at a time.
edit on 19-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

You can't have it both ways and Jesus
himself said that he died and then
resurrected.

where? A statement/quote by him?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Where in the Bible does it say Allah is the devil?

Trick question. Allah isn't in the bible .. no matter what the muslim apologists, who seem to come in droves to ATS, claim. Allah and Muhammad .. not in scripture. Period. They are forcing a square peg into a round hole.

Yeah. Allah is in the Bible. Different name. Same god

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Allah isn't in the bible .

Allah is the God of the Bible.
Or Allahs titles wouldn't be matching the accounts of the Biblical God... as I've shown in the OP.

And since you hold a low opinion of Moses, why are you even so concerned about the Bible?

What have you to say then of some of the 99 names of allah (hellfire be upon him) that match the biblical names for satan, the accuser?

You can't have your cake and eat it too. What about those titles/names?

Okay but the same can be said about God in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Originally posted by Deetermined
Well, either Muhammad or Jesus is wrong.

BINGO...

Which is WHY people all over the world have been having encounters with Jesus instead of Muhammad.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well from reading the thread that Muslims and "muslim apologists" however faulty their logic might be seem a lot nicer, better mannered human beings the several nutjob representatives of Christianity, who all come across as out and out cruel and ugly people.

but all in all the argument reads like a cripple fight

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What about "Great Deceiver"?

Not sure what you are referring to. Can you please post the exact title in English and Arabic here..?
Also, a few reference to verses would help.

As far as I know "The great deciever" is not among the titles of Allah... but rather its aounds like a fabrication by Christian fundamentalists. The verse that Christians associate it with this is this one :

And they schemed against Jesus and God schemed against them, but God is the best schemer.

Basically those who wanted Jesus dead schemed and plotted against Jesus, and were outwitted by God. Sounds fair enough.

Even now, if you still insist that Allah is a "deceiver".... no problem. It is still backed by the bible. Read 1 Kings 22 and Jeremiah 4:10

“So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”
-1 Kings 22:23

Ah, Lord God! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.
-Jeremiah 4:10

edit on 19-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
I thought you were going to say:

Lucifer, Satan, Baal, Beezlebub, the deceiver etc.

Fooled me

And who told you Allah was the devil? The church? America? Mommy and daddy?

Where in the Bible does it say Allah is the devil? Or is this your own interpretation through the lens of a bacteria sized context?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Johnny come lately Islam didn't crop up until 600+ years of the new testament being completed. So no, it doesnt name allah outright.The bible does speak about false gods, and the people that serve them (Not that you care, since you have such a low view of the bible, be sure to read my signature)
edit on 19-1-2013 by kingofmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Islam didn't crop up until 600+ years of the new testament being completed.

The Jews reject Christianity for the same exact reason... that it cropped up ages after the Torah.
Your own argument can be used against Christianity as well.

The bible does speak about false gods, and the people that serve them

The very purpose of the OP was to compare the attributes of the God of the Koran with the descriptions of God in the Bible. Seems to be a 100% match.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Fooled me

Where in the Bible does it say Allah is the devil? Or is this your own interpretation through the lens of a bacteria sized context?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Johnny come lately Islam didn't crop up until 600+ years of the new testament being completed. So no, it doesnt name allah outright.The bible does speak about false gods, and the people that serve them (Not that you care, since you have such a low view of the bible, be sure to read my signature)
edit on 19-1-2013 by kingofmd because: (no reason given)

Wow. Read your own signature. You're implying that I'm a fool based on what? The three or w/e posts on this thread? And then you go on to assume that I have a low view of the Bible based on what? We're you dropped on your head as a child? Read your own signature.

And what gods do you think "have no other gods" is referring to? We still haven't established, nor does this verse alone establish that the God in the religion of Islam is a different god.

And what does it matter when either book was written. I could write a book today and call god, "steve" and still be talking about the SAME GOD.

You read your own signature.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Fooled me

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Johnny come lately Islam didn't crop up until 600+ years of the new testament being completed.

So are you saying that God didn't exist until the bible was finished being written? LMFAO!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

So yeah. It seems that you have lost all intellectual authority to participate in this thread. And so has the person who keeps giving you stars.

edit on 20-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

If Muslims knew the truth from the first hand accounts - that Jesus is God Incarnate

I'll believe Jesus is God incarnate when I find a verse in the NT where Jesus himself says directly that he is God incarnate.

Instead, there are several instances where Jesus directly says God is a separate entity.
Heres my favorite example :

“I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

It cant get any clearer than that. Jesus is NOT God.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Get real. Are you suggesting that the Koran can be easily debunked because it might not match up with the bible? That doesn't debunk anything.

You act like the contents of the bible are an irrefutable fact. If it was, the scientific community would have already accepted it. But it is refutable. So no one can honestly know for sure. All people really have to go on is personal experiences which, in situations dealing with things like religion, can easily be written off as delusion.

This isn't rocket science. And as far as emotional attachment to an easily debunked religion .. you'd best go look in the mirror ... it sure isn't something I have to worry about.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join