It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark web warning

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asrockk

The only thing that matters for is if you are doing stupid things like banking on TOR. When doing banking you need security, not anonymity.

All the exit node knows is what is being passed and to where. It only sees the previous node, so it doesn't know where it came from originally, unless both nodes are compromised. And it gets more convoluted if you decide to bounce off 5 nodes before the exit node, instead of the normal one node before exit node.
edit on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:08:04 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
For anyone thinking that Tor seems like a good idea i recommend doing your homework on the subject matter because if you dont know what you are doing on these type of servers you can encounter some very nasty Malware and Viruses!

Be very carefull!

Dont go ordering any Armalite rifes or teenage brides! LoL

You always use Linux on the dark net.

And most use a clean copy OS and format and reload it at regular intervals

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by votan

I would assume the first people that coined the term darknet, were either consciously, or subconsciously trying to repel people from it

Darknet? Trust me. This isn't dark by any stretch of the imagination - its still all connected by the same backbone, all going through the same inner tubes - just not nicely packaged and wrapped up in Googley goodness
What is the first thing they teach you about security by obscurity?

BBS

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by votan

I understand exactly what you are saying, I was just saying I never thought about it that way personally. Sounds like we are interested in the same subjects, mainly NLP and other covert influence

I would assume the first people that coined the term darknet, were either consciously, or subconsciously trying to repel people from it

Okay

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gltichy
First I've never actually read much about the "darkweb"...I knew of it, but was never interested as I always thought it was just a bunch of random pedos and sickos...But seeing as there is more to it than that, I'm now going to have to see what other stuff is on it. I'm intrigued by what kind of books and other non mainstream things are actually out there, begging to be found...Just really don't wanna stumble onto the beyond disturbing categories...
edit on 19-1-2013 by Gltichy because: (no reason given)

yeah that's where I am at too, I don't want to stumble on the illegal things but am curious as to what is on there.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I get the feeling that some people dont really understand what the darkweb is. its pretty much like the normal internet but theres no helpful "search engine" that has a list of sites like google does. the only way to find anything is if someone posts a .onion link somewhere or its given to you by someone. its no surprise that people who dont want to be found tend to like using this. i would assume that most of the links for buying hitmen and humans are spread by word of mouth between by old white men drinking $5000 glasses of wine.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

oh i know, pretty much anything can pop up under any search. but lets say he was looking for some video game, after he got to the exact point of locations and download, im pretty sure it wasnt wrapped in videogame pictures, and the title of download wasnt the name of the game, heh. know i also know some people will intentionally change the name, but usualy other way around. change from game name to moms home pictures so it can be distribued faster before it gets canned or link dead.

let alone after you set up p2p service, its not like its just pops up with the "game" you wanted , you then have to set it up, search, find the hots, and download the stream. so i still say this story is BS. and daddy got caught, or might have "thought" he was getting caught and jumped the gun calling people to make a fuss so it wouldnt look like him, but his 12 year old, with of course ADD lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

I notice anybody that has looked into this website has not mentioned "snuff films"....................so how bad do humans really get, is anyones immagination that broad, when you talk about reporting it to someone, it would just be another human, the so called people that are there to "protect and serve"prove eveyday how defective they are.

I was part of a forum and it was a pretty interesting forum, It paid you fake money to post basically and with that fake money you can either sell it for real money or buy stuff from their store, It was a legit website until it was bought by somebody else. Anyway this forum had a subforum that people would post pretty much any kind of disgusting thing they could find. Be it car accidents, dead bodies, videos of people being killed and stuff like that. It was basically like the faces of death videos all in one forum.

Anyway like I said the website was sold, but before they were sold, the owner at the time allowed people to take subforums and make their own websites out of them, This forum was one that was made into a website, I have been on the website once or twice (haven't been on in years) I think the last time was for Saddams Hanging video. The website as far as I know still exists, and it is on the regular internet. So that stuff is out there
edit on 21-1-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
damn.... tried to find a mexican bride but no luck

why we only get the field worker guys in the states and not some hot mexican chicks i dont know

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
but lets say he was looking for some video game, after he got to the exact point of locations and download, im pretty sure it wasnt wrapped in videogame pictures, and the title of download wasnt the name of the game, heh. know i also know some people will intentionally change the name, but usualy other way around. change from game name to moms home pictures so it can be distribued faster before it gets canned or link dead.

What the article says is that he found a tutorial on how to install and use it, he just had to have to curiosity to follow the tutorial to see what it was.

Although it's possible that there was something more behind it that they didn't tell the police, I don't see the need for it, as I think it's likely for things to have happened as they say.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

maybe your right, but its not like this parent is going to change the web with some phone calls, the police/nsa/interpol/kgb/mosad, all know that crap is there.

i wouldnt be surprised to find out half the "hits" and "child pron" is theirs to bait people ( project green lantern). unfortunately the more they dangle stuff out there like that trying to get the bad people, the more they turn young kids onto it like this kid(had he not been a puss and ran to daddy that is ^^) but im sure many college age and older come across by "accident" and dont run to daddy.

but either way , all we have to go on is what the story says so i guess im jumping the gun a little. story just sounds shady that they threw out he had ADD right off the start.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

Originally posted by Battleline

I notice anybody that has looked into this website has not mentioned "snuff films"....................so how bad do humans really get, is anyones immagination that broad, when you talk about reporting it to someone, it would just be another human, the so called people that are there to "protect and serve"prove eveyday how defective they are.

I was part of a forum and it was a pretty interesting forum, It paid you fake money to post basically and with that fake money you can either sell it for real money or buy stuff from their store, It was a legit website until it was bought by somebody else. Anyway this forum had a subforum that people would post pretty much any kind of disgusting thing they could find. Be it car accidents, dead bodies, videos of people being killed and stuff like that. It was basically like the faces of death videos all in one forum.

Anyway like I said the website was sold, but before they were sold, the owner at the time allowed people to take subforums and make their own websites out of them, This forum was one that was made into a website, I have been on the website once or twice (haven't been on in years) I think the last time was for Saddams Hanging video. The website as far as I know still exists, and it is on the regular internet. So that stuff is out there
edit on 21-1-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)
When in doubt just how defective human nature is .......search the net, you will be sadly informed.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
All this child sex stuff would stop if we just arm every child from, say, three years old and on up, with an AK-47, information about 'right touch and wrong touch' and several hundred pieces of ammo.

Come to think of it, this would probably solve most of the world's problems within hours. Imagine all the 'inappropriate' F'ers eliminated finally?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
All this child sex stuff would stop if we just arm every child from, say, three years old and on up, with an AK-47, information about 'right touch and wrong touch' and several hundred pieces of ammo.

Come to think of it, this would probably solve most of the world's problems within hours. Imagine all the 'inappropriate' F'ers eliminated finally?

Wonderful idea! But we all know all children have a clarity of perception and can sniff out corruption and nonsense. If you gave them guns to dispense justice, who among us would survive?

Example- (Hand little Harry a .45 pistol) "Look, little Harry. There's Burnis Medemoff. He famously took billions of dollars from hundreds of people. BLAM BLAM BLAM

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

You know what would be funny? That he is the guy who owns silk road, and he came up with his cock and bull story to get some free advertizing

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Its more likely than you think. good post

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well I got curious over the weekend and "went deep" for about 20 minutes, I didn't come across
anything real crazy, but while I was trying to figure out the search engines I got a warning that
someone or something was trying to paste a file onto my clipboard. Off I went, all uninstalled
and trashed.

That network is slower than molasses uphill in January anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

i wouldn't recommended the average user tried to access that stuff, hackers everywhere unless you know how to cover your ass properly, stay away

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You could always put a portable OS on a flash USB card to run it, or run it from a sandbox if you are worried about it .

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
That network is slower than molasses uphill in January anyway.

I guess that's part of it's "charm", it's as slow as an old 33.6 modem.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join