It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entrepreneurs, Tax Cuts, High Incomes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm so sick of Kerry's accusations of Bush's tax cuts for the high income.

Here we go...... This country was founded by Entrepreneurs. Small to medium sized businesses make up close to 80% of the JOBS created. DO NOT think for one second that SMALL BUSINESS means NOT RICH. Many small business owners are driving around in S 500 Mercedes. And why not considering:

1) They spent YEARS to build their businesses often working MORE hours than an average employee. Working Weekends and into the wee hours of the morning.

2) They received LESS SALARY then their employess for probably the first 2-3 years of business because they have to cover overhead, employee salary, etc... MANY have to risk their LIFE SAVINGS to start their business.

3) They CREATE JOBS. NOT everyone works at Walmart or Microsoft. Most work for a small or medium sized business.

4) YES, Many entrepreneurs become rich with their small businesses and their businesses STILL remain small. Not ALL companies want to IPO you know?

5) MANY small business owners are receiving tax breaks because of their "high income".

SO WHAT IS WRONG? THEY spend ALL their energy, MONEY, and TIME to build a business and you tell me that THEY don't deserve a tax break. HELL, they should all get yachts! What is the point of the BACK breaking work of starting a business if you can't reap the rewards that come with success? Might as well go FIND A JOB like all the other robots. That's what the universities teach right... go be a robot. Make yadda yadda salary, buy a home, be happy. Well Entrepreneurs aren't happy with that and they WORK VERY HARD to acheive success. So now you complain they get tax cuts? Yeah, they do... and they deserve it.

Granted, many executives of Large firms get tax cuts but HOW many CEOS do you know that work for Costco, Disney, etc??? VERY FEW. Kerry is now attacking Small business entrepreneurs that make that high income tax bracket.

7/10 Small businesses will FAIL in the first 5 years. That is HARSH. Don't you think the ones that make it deserve a TAX CUT? Entrepreneurs go through Hell on Earth to make things happen with no guaranteed Salary, Medical benifits, 401K, mortgage payments due, car payments due. Many Entrepreneurs go through Bankrupcy an average of 3 (THREE) times before they hit something even slightly resembling success. THEY DESERVE TAX CUTS!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. Small business owners are mistakenly looked upon as rich and well-to-do.

That is hardly the case. Small business owners bust their butts to even put food on their tables and pay their utilities. No one else is going to do it for them.

People who have jobs working a 40 hour week has got it made, All they have to do to keep their job is show up and put in a good days work. It's their choice to put in so little hours.

A good friend of mine opened a machine shop 7 years ago and is just now getting the initial loans paid off. He took out a mortgage on his house on top of that. But he has several people working for him now and I've seen him go borrow money to buy groceries for his family in the beginning after he'd paid his employees their salary and pay his business bills. That's a fact.

I agree small business owners need tax-breaks. They're putting several people at a minimum to work and these workers are paying taxes for their income. If these workers didn't work for Mr. Small Business, they'd probably be drawing unemployment or worse yet welfare!

Yikes!
I hate that word!

[edit on 28/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I couldn't agree with you more. Small business owners are mistakenly looked upon as rich and well-to-do.

I agree small business owners need tax-breaks. They're putting several people at a minimum to work and these workers are paying taxes for their income. If these workers didn't work for Mr. Small Business, they'd probably be drawing unemployment or worse yet welfare!

Yikes!
I hate that word!

[edit on 28/10/04 by Intelearthling]

FINALLY! Someone that agrees. I hope your friend that busted his butt for 7 years will become a huge success in the future! AND I hope he gets Tax breaks for it! I hope he get's a small Island for all the trouble that he has gone to to provide for HIMSELF AND OTHERS (His Employees). Thanks!

new topics

join