It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I actually need a powerful gun TO LIVE, everyday folks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Those guns look awesome. would have great fun shooting stuff with em.

But ya, you don't need landmines to protect you from raccoons or whatnot..
a good sturdy rifle should get the point across when nature comes a knockin overall. alternatively, a shotgun with saltrock tends to clear the area.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1YellowRose
I am a little old 5'3 women and know more about guns then most guys now day's. I would like to know what I am suppose to do when that grizzly comes back a knockin' a little ol' 22 is not going to protect me from that big momma. A little ol' 22 is not going to take care of that cougar that likes to stalk me when I am out mending fences.

.... Yes it will. Get a hold of yourself. Most of these animals would run away from a 9 yr old setting off firecrackers for God's sake.

Get the F away from my guns and the right to protect myself or you will be on my dinner plate.

edit on 19-1-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by 1YellowRose

why do you have to kill sentient creatures - it is disgusting and evil.
Why not just scare them away and lock your meat up properly.
I hate this ' lets kill anything that moves ' mentality.

I don't understand people that don't get very real danger of apex predators in the wild. If you're out in the wild near wolves and don't have a firearm wolves will eat you. It's not because they're evil, it's because you're food and they have to eat. I love animals as well, but they have to eat and I'd prefer not to be on the menu.

You can't reason with predators any more than a chicken can reason with you not to eat it.

400 Wolves lay siege to villiage

The scene is like something out of a horror film. In the icy grip of a Siberian winter, where temperatures rarely climb above -40C, an isolated village is ­besieged by a huge pack of hungry wolves.
According to reports, the wolves have already killed and eaten 30 of the village’s horses, no doubt leaving the people of Verkhoyansk terrified about what the predators will turn to next. Pet dogs? Children?

Wolves stalk a french villiage

In the high Alpine passes where a local shepherd, Jean-Pierre Jouffrey, takes his 2,000 sheep to summer pasture, the bloody remains of almost 250 of his flock tell their own story. Andre Tavel-Besson, another of Allevard's hunt organisers, said: "Jean-Pierre stayed up on the passes all summer just with a sleeping bag and a rifle. His sheep were just picked off. He hardly slept. The wolves practically drove him to suicide. And nothing is being done."

San Diego man dies in Denali Grizzly attack

Lone backpacker lingered to take photos of bear shortly before mauling.
By CASEY GROVE — Anchorage Daily News
A grizzly attacked and killed a lone backpacker in Denali National Park and Preserve on Friday after the man encountered the bear next to a river and lingered there snapping pictures, according to the National Park Service.

Why was the "Grizzly Man" eaten by bears?

Grizzly Man is Werner Herzog’s film about Timothy Treadwell, mostly using Treadwell’s own footage of his time living among grizzly bears (Ursus arctos horribilis) in Katmai National Park, Alaska. Treadwell spent each of thirteen summers up to 2003 mainly in two areas of the park where a community1 of grizzly bears lived and foraged. During the last three years of this stint, Treadwell went to the field with video cameras and produced quite a bit of footage. In 2003 he and his girlfriend, Amie Huguenard, were killed and mostly eaten by a bear.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
de]In the high Alpine passes where a local shepherd, Jean-Pierre Jouffrey, takes his 2,000 sheep to summer pasture, the bloody remains of almost 250 of his flock tell their own story. Andre Tavel-Besson, another of Allevard's hunt organisers, said: "Jean-Pierre stayed up on the passes all summer just with a sleeping bag and a rifle. His sheep were just picked off. He hardly slept. The wolves practically drove him to suicide. And nothing is being done."

Man has rifle; Almost 250 of his sheep die anyways because he has to sleep and eat and poop. Therefore, everyone with livestock should have an assault rifle with 40-round magazines. Clearly 40-round magazines eliminate the human need to sleep, eat, and defecate.

Not exactly something that I would include in an essay about assault rifles guns being a necessity for protecting livestock.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
Not exactly something that I would include in an essay about assault rifles guns being a necessity for protecting livestock.

Good, don't write the essay...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Another hippie here, just a Ron Paul kind....

We learned a lot when we decided to provide our own food best we could....the day my hubby shot this big ol Fox I could not figure out if he was crying more for his dead chicken with the fluffy feet or the Fox.

We need to keep a gun not locked up but by the door when the coyote come around.

Biggest predator though is greedy men that want to make laws about what you can do to feed yourself on your own land. IE no garden, no hens, no livestock...not even if you own acres...no...no...no...no

Want to really be educated? Grow and provide your own food for at least a year.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I'm not comfortable enough yet to discuss whet I may or may not have. Sorry.
This posting on forums or any place for that matter, Is all new to me. I have used computers for 13/14 years. I have just never been a public person.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Lets be realistic...

To the rest of the crowd...

I will no longer sit on the fence with this issue, nor will I argue about it. You don't like guns, fine you don't like guns. But do not tell another person how they should feel or where they should stand. We all have to draw a line in the sand and dear sweet bush helped me to make the decision with his first term.

Don't even get me started on Obummer.

I will walk away from you here just as fast as i would on the street.

Thank you very much, to the ones that truly understand... on multiple levels.

Take Care and Always be Safe.

May the Great Spirit watch over an guide you on your Journey!
edit on 20-1-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

There were less school shooting back then too!

Its 1 + 1 therefore it's gotta equal 2 !! right!!

What a ridiculous and fallacious argument!!

The OP laid out specific examples of her need for certain weapons and you want to throw out a strawman?

Stay out of our gun cabinet, bro. There’s nothing for you to see there! You know not of what you speak.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

You hunting bears and predators outside your house in podunk town is a conspiracy how? And call me crazy but I'm pretty sure Obama isn't banning all guns. Just the assault rifles. My goodness, just how did people in the 18th and 19th century live? !

edit on 19-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

You'd be sorely wrong, woefully misled, and badly educated...most gun grabbers are.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

I don't understand people that don't get very real danger of apex predators in the wild.

…and in the burbs! There are predators in every clime and place.

What's most disturbing is that the liberal system let this felon out of jail and the same liberals want to strip MY WIFE'S right to defend herself in the same way!

edit on 20-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

As you so beautifully pointed out, there are MANY reasons people might want, or NEED, different guns. In your situation, you could need a fully auto rifle, if enough dangerous animals were there all together. Same as someone in a city might, if some huge "flash mob" came towards their house, intent on taking anything and everything they wanted, and threatening harm to those in the home. Same as we might want such weapons if some foreign army actually invaded. Same as (and this is THE reason for the 2'nd Amendment) we might want and need such weapons if the government became corrupt, as many have throughout history, and became an enemy to the people.

For those who will surely complain (probably already have; I haven't scanned the responses yet) that "no one needs an assault rifle", I have one thing to say:

For years, many of us, who stand for rights for ALL people, and want to protect the unborn, have been told smarmy things like, "If you don't believe in abortions, don't get one, but don't interfere with my choice." Well, you like that? Fine. If you don't believe anyone needs an assault rifle, don't buy one, but don't you dare tell others that they don't have that right.

S&F, OP!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Best argument for not reducing standard capacity magazines ever...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You Guys do know that if you own an ar15 and the likes, you get to keep it. You'd be grandfathered in. So no worries

So what about people that are saving to buy one? Why should they lose the right to purchase the gun they want? That school shooting was NOT done with "legally purchased guns" like the fools in the MSM keep claiming. That guy STOLE those guns from his own mother, after killing her. Most crimes, large or small, are not committed with legally purchased, regulated guns. New laws taking guns from citizens will not stop anything, and will make things worse. Haven't you heard the saying, "If you make it a crime to own guns, only criminals will own guns."? Plus, do you really think he would stop with just those? Really? If you give a mouse a cookie.....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I am a little old 5'3 women and know more about guns then most guys now day's. I would like to know what I am suppose to do when that grizzly comes back a knockin' a little ol' 22 is not going to protect me from that big momma. A little ol' 22 is not going to take care of that cougar that likes to stalk me when I am out mending fences.

And what about that pack of wolves that come in when I am hanging the cow for the freezer. You city slickers just have no flippen clue. I need a very powerful firearm to take down that grizzly at my front door. grant it someone.. like me... can take down that cougar with one shot if need be BUT I will need more then one round to take care of the flippen pack of wolves trying to eat my food.

Get the F away from my guns and the right to protect myself or you will be on my dinner plate.

edit on 19-1-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

I recommend a Saiga 12 semi-auto shotgun modded with AK furniture. Load that 12 round mag with solids and neither a grizzly or a cougar will ever be an issue for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Xoanon

I'm not comfortable enough yet to discuss whet I may or may not have. Sorry.
This posting on forums or any place for that matter, Is all new to me. I have used computers for 13/14 years. I have just never been a public person.

I totally understand.

May your aim be true.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

So, you are a farmer. Farmers use guns, we all know this. I grew up on a farm in a country other than the USA where we DO have strict gun controls and farmers have always had their guns for purposes as you have mentioned granny Clampett.

Why oh why can't you Americans get your sh*t sorted on this issue? Yes, every farmer should be allowed a gun, as they do need them down on the farm. There is less population density in the country, so the propensity for a mass murder to happen is lower anyways.

But why does every American on the streets of the big cities need them? Where I come from not even the police carry guns. We have a special armed offenders squad in every city to deal with armed situations and believe me, you had better hope they don't get called on you, because they WILL shoot offenders if they don't stand down.

America, have you not had enough of random mall shootings? What will it take for your children to be safe? When is common sense going to prevail? - leave the guns to the professionals that are trained in their use like the army and your police force and of course the farmers who need to shoot those pesky varmits.
edit on 20-1-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

And call me crazy but I'm pretty sure Obama isn't banning all guns. Just the assault rifles.

OK. Let's do a relatively simple analogy.

1. Let's say that a person is standing at the bottom of a flight of stairs.

2. At the top of that flight of stairs is a sign that says "NO TRESPASSING BEYOND THIS POINT"

3. Every few minutes, the person goes up one step and stops. Each time he takes a step, the owner comes out and tells him he can't come up. He says he's not climbing the stairs. He says he's only taking one step.

Do you think anyone would believe he's not actually climbing the stairs simply because he's not doing it all at once?

If you should have learned anything in this life by now it's that there is almost nothing that only happens once. When someone does something once, there will be a repeat performance sooner or later if they succeeded last time.
edit on 20-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

But why does every American on the streets of the big cities need them?

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join