It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I actually need a powerful gun TO LIVE, everyday folks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Hang on - you have provided a picture of you having slaughtered an animal. That disgusts me.
Men with guns are so brave v small animals.

Those are FERAL pigs . They were shot by a good man protecting crops and possibly other farm animals from a PEST that puts food and livelihood of the people that rely on said crops and animals at risk.

You have a problem with shooting and ridding a farm of something that would take away from your food , your family and the countless other people that rely on the food fams produce.?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by HelenConway

There is no need to shoot wolves - they are more scared of you then you are of them. Shooting in the air would scare them. The fact t hat you think they should have a bullet to their head makes you cruel and lacking any feeling of empathy.

I never said you were city folk. I asked you what you would do in a situation where you had the choice to use a firearm to protect yourself or the animals under your care. You did not answer.

'Shooting in the air'? Nooo - not an option - and let's not go much further without reminding everyone that shooting in the air is an extremely irresponsible and dangerous use of a firearm.

See, you can judge all you want but you were not there.

I was.

I had to make the choice. I made the choice only after animals under my care were injured. That was MY fault. I should never of hesitated the first time.

Will I ever shoot a wolf for fun? Never. Pressed into the same situation again where I had to make a hard choice between a wolf and preservation of the life of the animals I'm responsible for? Yes. And I'd do it again.

Again - good choices can be made by any person in charge of a tool whether that’s a car, a knife, or a gun. But it’s the person who makes the choice - NOT the tool.

peace

edit on 19-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

Sorry silo, i think the poster was aiming that at me.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Hang on - you have provided a picture of you having slaughtered an animal. That disgusts me.
Men with guns are so brave v small animals.

feral pigs/boars can kill a person pretty easily, besides, i don't understand what you have against hunting.

killing an animal with a gun is FAR cleaner than any meat you can buy (in every way. no horrible living conditions and painful death for the animals, and the meat doesn't have a ton of added crap to fatten them up), and boars are a severe problem to farmers. they destroy crops, tear up lawns, and they breed like rabbits.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1YellowRose

Where I live home invasions are very common.
We got Cartels and other up to no good people like that breaking into homes strapped up and loaded.

2 years ago when my little neice was just barely born they kicked the door down, beat my brother in law and demmanded drugs,money, and weapons.

Luckily my sister and neice were ok and nothing happened.

There is so many ignorant people with the wrong motives where I live.
I have even talked to some people that if you mess with them or their family they will send some thug to chop every single limb.

These people are also known to have exotic animals to kill whoever screws them over.
So far I've seen little monkeys, black panthers, and alligators.

Some of us do need guns to stay alive.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Can someone once respond to the question of full arms, missiles nukes etc. Instead of responding with something else? Maybe because it didn't suit your point

Here you go...

This Post Explains it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You hunting bears and predators outside your house in podunk town is a conspiracy how? And call me crazy but I'm pretty sure Obama isn't banning all guns. Just the assault rifles. My goodness, just how did people in the 18th and 19th century live? !

edit on 19-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

How did they live back then? Well, um, that's a good question. I know they didn't live very long. They had a much harder time protecting themselves, their families, and their land. You know, the things that every Human should have the inalienable frickin right to protect with all the power they can muster...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You Guys do know that if you own an ar15 and the likes, you get to keep it. You'd be grandfathered in. So no worries

Oh, really? You happen to know that for certain? Because all I've heard about the new gun control legislation which is coming our way consisted of 23 short and very vague "executive actions" that didn't tell me *anything* about which, if any, of the guns I have the RIGHT to own, they are going to *allow* me to keep, to defend myself and my family.

Am I just not in the loop anymore? Obama used to love me too. More than you.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
[quoteYou also said something along the lines of "people like you". Directed at me.

I love animals , i grew up on a farm. I volunteer at the local wildlife park and actually go out of my way to find injured animals near our local lookout hill where kids like to throw rocks or shoot arrows at koalas and wombats and take them to the rescue shelter or, if possible,look after them mself.

"People like me" like to hunt and kill for pleasure you say?

I am pleased you love animals - and I should not have phrased it the way I did. I meant people ' that'.
Animals are beautiful and have as much right tothe planet as we do. However, they are often the victims of senseless slaughter by men [ usually men ]/ women who have no feelings for them.

Take the orangutangs in Borneo who are being slaughtered and their rain forest homes destroyed - in the name of palm oil.

It breaks my heart - and what makes me sad is it does not break everyones heart. If that was the case - we would stop it. It would not happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ma'am, no one is taking your guns away from you. Although they may stop the manufacture and sale of large capacity magazines, you may have a problem finding replacements if/when they break.

Can I ask how many packs of wolves have you defended yourself against? During your firefight, how many rounds did you fire? I do think the AR platform is a good choice since it has low recoil and a somewhat powerful round. I'd rather use a 30.06 for bear though.

Again, no one is taking your guns. In fact, you'll still be able to buy ARs.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

Can someone once respond to the question of full arms, missiles nukes etc. Instead of responding with something else? Maybe because it didn't suit your point

Here you go...

This Post Explains it.

That's actually a good explanation. Might make me rethink a couple things.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You Guys do know that if you own an ar15 and the likes, you get to keep it. You'd be grandfathered in. So no worries

You do realize that an AR15 is not an assault rifle, right? Do you even know what defines an assault rifle? An assault rifle has the ability to be switched into full auto or burst fire. The government classifies AR15's as "assault weapons" only because of the way they look. And honestly, why do people care so much about magazine capacity? It takes mere seconds to change to another.

So what is the reason behind banning these types of weapons when they are no different than any other semi-automatic hunting rifle? Because of the way they look? Come on now, that's just damn ridiculous.

If these weapons are so "evil", why are they letting people keep the ones they already own?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The anti-gun vultures just circle around, waiting, don't they.

Then they swoop down with their script and start reciting it from memory, as though it was their own brain coming up with it.

I grew up in the backwoods of New York. Yes, New York has rednecks. I used to trap and hunt and all that rednecky stuff, and a couple times a black bear the size of a f***ing cow moseyed up into the yard. We were safe inside the house, but we always had the means to defend ourselves against it if we needed to.

I feel ya, babe. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Get a nice big gun... but you only need one bullet... we don't want you to go on a mass shooting too, and who the hell needs more than one bullet anyways....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

And what a dapper young fella you are, I too have a tux (70's style) and wear it on my birthday.

Back to the OP yes why not lock up your meat?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

I really am not feeling up to responding to much today and will not address a good part of your post. But I will answer your question.

I have only dealt with one pack coming in and never actually had to defend myself against them, yet. I do believe it was because of the number of people and vehicles out there that day. We seen about 7/8 wolves, maybe more, moving in and out of the trees watching us. The closest being maybe a couple hundred feet away. They were to close for my comfort.

But it did make me remember the cougar that has stocked me a number of time and even seen next to the fenced yard for the dogs. She was there for our dogs. It also makes me think of the bears that I see every year collecting the apples from the hill. It made me wonder how I would handle that had I been out there by myself. Or even just a couple people.

These things we have to think of all the time. When yo have a grizzly less then a football field away, kicked back in the trees enjoying his/her full belly. You tend be more caution then you normally would be. And within 5 miles of a very small town.

I so hope this is clear. I hurt to much today to be real focused.

Thank you folks...

Should also mention that even tho that is the only time I have seen a pack while dealing with a steer for the freezer. We see one or 2 come through many time during the year.
edit on 19-1-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

But this is your "choice" to live out there, with all of these threats around is it not? No one forced you to live out where you do? I just think that needs to be said instead of just "I need a powerful gun" it should read "I need a powerful gun because I chose to live out where there are real and ever present threats." Makes the statement more rational, and has a better chance of not falling on ears that consider it radical, however, remember it was your choice, and this sort of lifestyle was not forced upon you.

Do not take that as an insult to either a) your lifestyle, or b) your need to have a powerful gun, in your situation I 100% agree, if you live out in what is considered untamed territory, then yes you should have access to something like that, if you live in lower Manhattan, then forget it. Where I am living a handgun or two is all you need, and we have coyotes and fox and other sorts of pet and child attacking creatures.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I want to point out here that they can ban Assault Rifles all they want. The AR-15 isn't an Assault Rifle as the media would like you to think.

Assault Rifle = A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use

If I'm not mistaken the AR-15s sold to the average American are all Semi-Automatic which is counter to any argument of the definition.

Now where I have a problem is when they try to redefine what an Assault Rifle is because that sets precedent for them to define it as anything which they don't like. As per se a rifle that has a pistol grip or has the ability to take a magazine larger than 10 bullets. By that definition all semi auto and even some bolt action rifles would be banned.

The media wants the general public to think that any American can walk into a gun store, slap money on the counter and walk out which is a complete fallacy. Wake me up when America grows some balls again.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Isn't that how it works at gun shows

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

NO

There really is no explanation needed here. No loophole exists. You still need a background check from any dealer whether at a gun show or not. In most cases if you buy a gun outside of the state that it will reside in you need to also have a state transfer completed by a dealer inside that state.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

That's interesting... considering I know people who bought guns at gun shows without any background check. Roughly 40% of gun sales go without a check

My glock and other guns are bought with a background check however.
edit on 19-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join