It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I actually need a powerful gun TO LIVE, everyday folks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Again deflect. But I won't stop asking. I honestly want an honest answer to it so I can understand the thinking better.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by 1YellowRose

why do you have to kill sentient creatures - it is disgusting and evil.
Why not just scare them away and lock your meat up properly.
I hate this ' lets kill anything that moves ' mentality.

Yeah thatmakes sense.

Scare a pack of wild wolves away by yelling and waving your arms about ?

Pretty sire if you do that , your only presenting yourself to them as a meal lol. They are not scared easily.

A little lead pellet in the head ,on the other hand, changes everything.

Countless people would be dead by now if they took your advice, sometimes animals need to be shot .

Are you a vegertarian?

If not , then what you eat HAS BEEN KILLED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

Go look at some videos of slaughterhouses electricuting sheep/pigs/cows to death and then come back and tell me that shooting it wouldnt have been a better idea...

The OP probably puts food on YOUR table . Ignorant city folk haha

God bless firearms.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

to form a militia you mean And they went taking anything you own.Nothing of your property is being taken away. Your right to bear tank, missiles, an nukes as arms has been infringed for years wheres the Outrage for that?

more misinformation. the supreme court has already ruled that personal ownership of firearms is what the second amendment guarantees (see district of columbia vs. heller for more info), based on numerous documents from the founding fathers, as well as common sense.

tanks, missiles, and nukes don't fall under the category of "firearm", therefore your argument is a strawman, as the debate isn't over whether average citizens should have access to extremely powerful bombs and war machines.

Well that is interesting. So just how are we overthrowing the government without anything more than some ar15s

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Again, curious how our forefathers handled wildlife without assault weapons

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I don't think anyone should have nukes, missiles, tanks, drones or any of that other crap. I also think we need to bring our men and women home to protect our own borders and spend a good chunk of that change on our kids and our future.

edit on 19-1-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

i answered your question on the last page. perhaps no one is bothering because it is a straw man fallacy?

even police and swat teams cannot use equipment designated as "military".

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1YellowRose

I don't think anyone should have nukes, missals, tanks, drones or any of that other crap. I also think we need to bring our men and women home to protect our own borders and spend a good chunk of that change on our kids and our future.
edit on 19-1-2013 by 1YellowRose because: (no reason given)

Will we agree on that at least

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i answered your question on the last page. perhaps no one is bothering because it is a straw man fallacy?

even police and swat teams cannot use equipment designated as "military".

Its not a strawman fallacy at all. A theoretical question to understand how far your second amendment beliefs go.

Again, how do we overthrow the government when it simply has more effective weapons

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Yeah thatmakes sense.

Pretty sire if you do that , your only presenting yourself to them as a meal lol. They are not scared easily.

Countless people would be dead by now if they took your advice, sometimes animals need to be shot .

Are you a vegertarian?

Go look at some videos of slaughterhouses electricuting sheep/pigs/cows to death and then come back and tell me that shooting it wouldnt have been a better idea...

God bless firearms.

Listen mate !
What makes you think I am city folk ????
I admit I have spent alot of my life in London, but I have also spent alot of my life in the country - and not just in England.

There is no need to shoot wolves - they are more scared of you then you are of them. Shooting in the air would scare them. The fact t hat you think they should have a bullet to their head makes you cruel and lacking any feeling of empathy.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

They didnt.

Which is why so many people were killed by dangerous animals back then .

Using your logic , i could say
"Get off your computer, your forefathers lived without them "
"Stop using that telephone, my great great great great grand daddy didn't need it ."
"Lets outlaw reading glasses, my ancestors had to put up with not being able to see properly "

Get my point ?

edit on 19-1-2013 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well that is interesting. So just how are we overthrowing the government without anything more than some ar15s

your use of "anything more" implies that you don't think ar-15's are very effective or powerful, yet in previous posts you make the exact opposite argument.

guns like the ar-15 plus, oh..idk....the largest and most heavily armed society on the planet (including a huge number of military deserters). we're talking over 100 million easy. all armed and pissed off.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Sorry, thread is moving to fast and having a hard time keeping up. Thank you. Please do not put everyone in the same box. There is no box big enough for me...

To everyone else.THANK YOU. Sorry if I am missing something. I am going to bed it is 3:30 am

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yawn.

Who is banning all powerful guns?

No one.

/Thread over

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Yeah thatmakes sense.

Are you a vegertarian?

God bless firearms.

Listen mate !
I admit I have spent alot of my life in London, but I have also spent alot of my life in the country - and not just in England.

There is no need to shoot wolves - they are more scared of you then you are of them. Shooting in the air would scare them. The fact t hat you think they should have a bullet to their head makes you cruel and lacking any feeling of empathy.

You misunderstand me .

I am not suggesting that they be shot instantly with out first trying other options.

I am saying that sometimes there is no choice.

And how the hell would you know wether or not a pack of hungry wolves would run away from the SOUND of a gunshot ??

I dont carewhat you say , if a wolf was coming at me , or my meat, (the op was talking about them going after her meat) , thats threatening my life and my income , and i WILL shoot it .

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

They didnt.

"Stop using that telephone, my great great great great grand daddy didn't need it ."
"Lets outlaw reading glasses, my ancestors had to put up with not being able to see properly "

Get my point ?

Huh? ?

You aren't using my logic at all. Op said she can't live without an assault rifle to kill wildlife. I asked, just how did forefathers deal with wildlife in the exact situation. They didn't have assault weapons yet somehow made it work. None of your examples makes any sense to my point.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Its not a strawman fallacy at all. A theoretical question to understand how far your second amendment beliefs go. Again, how do we overthrow the government when it simply has more effective weapons

sorry, but it is a straw man fallacy.

also, i've already explained that the second amendment applies to all firearms. i don't believe a single mass shooting has ever been carried out using military grade firearms, besides, one must go through a very thorough screening process and spend tens of thousands of dollars just for the gun. it's a non issue, yet you're attempting to make it the main issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Grrr, who is talking about over throwing anyone...

I'm not there yet but I will not.... no let me change that.

I am of no threat to anyone unless you come to my door with the intentions of ding me harm. Then, my dear, all bets are off!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

They didnt.

Get my point ?

Huh? ?

You aren't using my logic at all. Op said she can't live without an assault rifle to kill wildlife. I asked, just how did forefathers deal with wildlife in the exact situation. They didn't have assault weapons yet somehow made it work. None of your examples makes any sense to my point.

OK,so now show me where the OP said, even once, the words "assault rifle "???

The words used were ' powerful firearm'

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Yeah thatmakes sense.

Are you a vegertarian?

God bless firearms.

Listen mate !

You misunderstand me .

I am not suggesting that they be shot instantly with out first trying other options.

I am saying that sometimes there is no choice.

And how the hell would you know wether or not a pack of hungry wolves would run away from the SOUND of a gunshot ??

I dont carewhat you say , if a wolf was coming at me , or my meat, (the op was talking about them going after her meat) , thats threatening my life and my income , and i WILL shoot it .

Of course they would - they are scared of humans - people like you have hunted them to extinction once before - there are streets in American lined with the bones of wolves. Few creatures have been so cruelly treated by man.

They are beautiful and misunderstood by the people who are not connected to this planet. I will always stick up for the right of a wolf over the right of someone like you who wants to casually slaughter them...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Werent assault rifles already banned?

Im sure they are labeling semi autos as assault weapons.

A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

compared to

semi-automatic firearms do not automatically fire an additional round until the trigger is released and re-pressed by the person firing the weapon.

Sounds like they are using the term to scare people, even though, there are no assault rifles/guns in the publics hands (apart from the illegal ones)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join