It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I actually need a powerful gun TO LIVE, everyday folks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Dustytoad

How on earth do you have the information to assume I focus too Much on appearances...

Again, NONE of you are losing the right to bear arms

That's an "appearance."

I'm not talking about clothes. Sorry to have mixed humor within my thoughts. I don't aim to confuse. sorry.

"Shall NOT be Infringed!"

Define infringed and then get back to me about the Law of the Land..

How bout give the first part of the 2ND Amendment..To form a militia

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Question. Did the people in the 18th and 19th centuries have assault rifles? No. Did the military? No. So if they take away assault rifles how are we gonna protect ourselves if the government wants to kick our doors down and drag us out? A shotgun, rifle or handgun sure as h#*$ ain't gonna stop them, nor even scare them one bit.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1YellowRose

well I think it would help to Know. Also, remember, you aren't losing anything you currently own

So "they" say and besides, that is NOT the point!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride

Question. Did the people in the 18th and 19th centuries have assault rifles? No. Did the military? No. So if they take away assault rifles how are we gonna protect ourselves if the government wants to kick our doors down and drag us out? A shotgun, rifle or handgun sure as h#*$ ain't gonna stop them, nor even scare them one bit.

You really want to go there?

OK

The military also has missiles, jets, aircraft Carriers,tanks and oh yes Nukes. Should you be allowed to bear these arms?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

well I think it would help to Know. Also, remember, you aren't losing anything you currently own

So "they" say and besides, that is NOT the point!

It Kinda is the point...of your thread at least.
You get to Keep your gun and defend yourself from the wildlife
edit on 19-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

"Shall NOT be Infringed!"

Define infringed and then get back to me about the Law of the Land..

How bout give the first part of the 2ND Amendment..To form a militia

Personal power(responsibility) says that a militia is formed by citizens with guns, but never those without guns..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

And no one is taking your guns away.

Anything you Currently own is yours to keep

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

why do you have to kill sentient creatures - it is disgusting and evil.
Why not just scare them away and lock your meat up properly.
I hate this ' lets kill anything that moves ' mentality.

Do you buy/eat meat? Use pharmaceuticals? Hair care products? Make up? Leather? Animal food for your pets?

Then YOU are responsible for the torture/death of ‘sentient creatures’. Period. Sad, but virtually unavoidable in modern society.

Beyond that? Answer me this.

I have a long rifle in my hands. I see a wolf running my mares and trying to attack and kill a foal.

Do I:

A) Shoot the wolf - because they will keep coming back to hurt and kill - or -

B) Close my eyes and cry ‘It’s just nature’ and let the wolf kill the foal?

What would you do if you were walking down to the stream and up pops a grizzly? Because the OP said NOTHING about hunting for sport - but protecting herself.

So, what would you do? You're armed. Would you just let the bear rip you to pieces? Or would you pull your gun and use it to save your life?

Guess what - you can’t answer that - because you do not know. I do. I shot. I survived. (Against a pack of coyotes not a bear).

As for caring for the meat properly?

What the hell do you think raising your own animals giving them the best care ever - providing love and warmth - companionship - good food - clean water and then when it comes time for them to give back to you - you are the one to shoot them so they feel no fear?

THAT IS CARING FOR MEAT PROPERLY! Unlike most people who whine about the ‘poor’ animals but never hesitate to eat meat, use animal products, etc.

Where I live now? It’s horrific. No one is allowed guns of any kind. Guess what. I have to watch and listen to neighbors CLUBBING rabbits to death, SLITTING THE THROATS of pigs while they squeal in fear, CHOP THE HEAD off chickens because they’re not allowed a .22 that would put an end to the cruelty - dispatching the animal cleanly and humanly without fear and pain.

Guns are not always negative nor are their uses. You just need to think out of the box.

peace
edit on 19-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

First off you can not take a cow from hoof to to freezer in a hour or 2. Second, they can wait for the gut pile till I have been able to do what I need to get it hung where it is somewhat protected. Shall I put a pic of a shed that that Grizz decided she wanted to tear up for the freezer contents? How about the a vid of the grizzly that did the damage. Look for a vid called grizzly in the yard on a friends channel. white crow something

AND that big momma is still alive because she did not threaten my life that day. I will not kill unless I have to. Period!.

I catch rodents with live traps and put them out, I feed the wild turkeys, I rescue squirrels, birds, weasels even tho they like my chickens and a multitude of other animals all the time.

Do you eat meat at all?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

No the point is they do not have the right to take any firearms from us for any reason. What part of "shall not infringe" do yo not understand?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

And no one is taking your guns away.

Anything you Currently own is yours to keep

You are naive if you think that. Ever updated a computer program?
Ever been lied to?

I don't trust those people who are fine with people dieing, just because they are in Iraq. (not about you, about US)

They who kill like this (I am former Army) don't deserve my pity... Nor do they deserve my silence. I am. I will be.

This is MY world.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

First off you can not take a cow from hoof to to freezer in a hour or 2. Second, they can wait for the gut pile till I have been able to do what I need to get it hung where it is somewhat protected. Shall I put a pic of a shed that that Grizz decided she wanted to tear up for the freezer contents? How about the a vid of the grizzly that did the damage. Look for a vid called grizzly in the yard on a friends channel. white crow something

AND that big momma is still alive because she did not threaten my life that day. I will not kill unless I have to. Period!.

I catch rodents with live traps and put them out, I feed the wild turkeys, I rescue squirrels, birds, weasels even tho they like my chickens and a multitude of other animals all the time.

Do you eat meat at all?

No I don't actually. I am sorry if I misjudged you - I am glad that you are kind to animals as they have the same right to live as you and I.

I just read so many threads where mindless people want to kill and maim anything that walks - even big foot, they even want to murder big foot !!!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

No the point is they do not have the right to take any firearms from us for any reason. What part of "shall not infringe" do yo not understand?

to form a militia you mean

And they went taking anything you own.Nothing of your property is being taken away.

Your right to bear tank, missiles, an nukes as arms has been infringed for years wheres the Outrage for that?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

You Guys do know that if you own an ar15 and the likes, you get to keep it. You'd be grandfathered in. So no worries

that isn't perfectly true.

if you read the proposed bill, local law enforcement have to inspect the "grandfathered" weapon and declare it legal. there would be nothing to stop them from confiscating it "until we have time to inspect it" or outright declare it illegal.

not to mention what the government REALLY wants is to know exactly who has what guns. it makes their goal of a total gun ban that much easier.

link   

Originally posted by silo13

why do you have to kill sentient creatures - it is disgusting and evil.
Why not just scare them away and lock your meat up properly.
I hate this ' lets kill anything that moves ' mentality.

Do you buy/eat meat? Use pharmaceuticals? Hair care products? Make up? Leather? Animal food for your pets?

Then YOU are responsible for the torture/death of ‘sentient creatures’. Period. Sad, but virtually unavoidable in modern society.

Beyond that? Answer me this.

I have a long rifle in my hands. I see a wolf running my mares and trying to attack and kill a foal.

Do I:

A) Shoot the wolf - because they will keep coming back to hurt and kill - or -

B) Close my eyes and cry ‘It’s just nature’ and let the wolf kill the foal?

What would you do if you were walking down to the stream and up pops a grizzly? Because the OP said NOTHING about hunting for sport - but protecting herself.

So, what would you do? You're armed. Would you just let the bear rip you to pieces? Or would you pull your gun and use it to save your life?

Guess what - you can’t answer that - because you do not know. I do. I shot. I survived. (Against a pack of coyotes not a bear).

As for caring for the meat properly?

What the hell do you think raising your own animals giving them the best care ever - providing love and warmth - companionship - good food - clean water and then when it comes time for them to give back to you - you are the one to shoot them so they feel no fear?

THAT IS CARING FOR MEAT PROPERLY! Unlike most people who whine about the ‘poor’ animals but never hesitate to eat meat, use animal products, etc.

Where I live now? It’s horrific. No one is allowed guns of any kind. Guess what. I have to watch and listen to neighbors CLUBBING rabbits to death, SLITTING THE THROATS of pigs while they squeal in fear, CHOP THE HEAD off chickens because they’re not allowed a .22 that would put an end to the cruelty - dispatching the animal cleanly and humanly without fear and pain.

Guns are not always negative nor are their uses. You just need to think out of the box.

peace
edit on 19-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

Bloody hell - where do you live ? It sounds horrific. Yes I know about the above.,, re drugs / pet food etc.

link   

to form a militia you mean

And they went taking anything you own.Nothing of your property is being taken away.

Your right to bear tank, missiles, an nukes as arms has been infringed for years wheres the Outrage for that?

And you think Americans rest.. Should we start the illogical fight on owning hell fire armed F-16s?
OR should we get people to realize first that guns are not EVIL ??

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

And you trust the igots that make the laws? God helps us.

igot:
(ig)norant idi(ots)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 1YellowRose

Can someone once respond to the question of full arms, missiles nukes etc. Instead of responding with something else? Maybe because it didn't suit your point

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

reply to post by 1YellowRose

Can someone once respond to the question of full arms, missiles nukes etc. Instead of responding with something else? Maybe because it didn't suit your point

Maybe bringing up nukes in a conversation about animals and humans, and the way they come in contact Serves only YOUR point?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

to form a militia you mean And they went taking anything you own.Nothing of your property is being taken away. Your right to bear tank, missiles, an nukes as arms has been infringed for years wheres the Outrage for that?

more misinformation. the supreme court has already ruled that personal ownership of firearms is what the second amendment guarantees (see district of columbia vs. heller for more info), based on numerous documents from the founding fathers, as well as common sense.

tanks, missiles, and nukes don't fall under the category of "firearm", therefore your argument is a strawman, as the debate isn't over whether average citizens should have access to extremely powerful bombs and war machines.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join